FPT
New User
FPT
0 Kudos

Critical Thinking Novels Help Teach Reading.`

Francis Patrick Theriault, a former intermediate teacher, has written three critical thinking novels for children 8-12 years old. Candy Coated Castle's Catastrophe and Just Another Ghost Story can be ordered from Barnes and Noble. Tommy Too, is only available through the author.

The two listed above are very funny, ask critical thinking questions for each chapter and have spelling and vocabulary words. They have been used, on a limited basis, by classroom teachers as reading lessons with success.

Just Another Ghost Story is well researched and is especially relevant with Halloween looming on the horizon.

Castle, revolves around the tiny kingdom of Candiesville, which loses its Candy factory Foreman just before the Christmas orders are to be filled and shipped out.

Check them out on the internet. :0)
Francis Patrick Theriault
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

Re: Critical Thinking Novels Help Teach Reading.`

Dude critical thinking for most kids is just to boring. I like as much as the next person but if critical thinking has anything to do with it it isn't worth it.
Baker
FPT
New User
FPT
0 Kudos

DUDE, IT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE AT THE INTERMEDIATE LEVEL THAT CHILDREN LOVE COMICAL AND ACARY STORIES AND LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THEM 'CRITICALLY'

Sorry about the CAPS. :smileyhappy:

it always worked well for me and many other intermediate teachers. :0)
Francis Patrick Theriault
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

I get what your saying now. Sorry. :smileyhappy:
Baker