Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Families, Children, & Book Events

This thread is for posting any events you may be aware of or would like to help publicize involving families, children, books.  It could be an author visit, a children's museum event, a library event, etc.  Please feel free to post your event here--share your news with others who may be interested!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

Re: Families, Children, & Book Events

Great idea, Connie!

In my store (Barnes & Noble Neshaminy Mall, Bensalem), we are having a Big Bug Show on Saturday October 17th. We had one several months ago, and the kids loved it. We have a guest who brings out dozens of six (and eight) -legged creatures and tells us all about them...their names, where they live, if they're poisonous, etc. Plus kids have a chance to buy books about their favorites. It's creepy crawly fun!

And this Monday, we're going to be having Diary of a Wimpy Kid release parties...one at 11am, then one in the evening for kids who have to go to school on Columbus Day. There will be prizes and giveaways and lots of fun!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

melissas wrote:

Great idea, Connie!

In my store (Barnes & Noble Neshaminy Mall, Bensalem), we are having a Big Bug Show on Saturday October 17th. We had one several months ago, and the kids loved it. We have a guest who brings out dozens of six (and eight) -legged creatures and tells us all about them...their names, where they live, if they're poisonous, etc. Plus kids have a chance to buy books about their favorites. It's creepy crawly fun!

And this Monday, we're going to be having Diary of a Wimpy Kid release parties...one at 11am, then one in the evening for kids who have to go to school on Columbus Day. There will be prizes and giveaways and lots of fun!

Thanks, Melissa!  How did the Diary of a Wimpy Kid release party go?  I've been hearing there was a lot of anticipation for that book.

Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series #4) 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

By popular demand we're going to be having another event on Saturday! Kids have definitely been going crazy for this (some adults, too; I never finished the third book, but will definitely get to it in the near future.).

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

melissas wrote:

By popular demand we're going to be having another event on Saturday! Kids have definitely been going crazy for this (some adults, too; I never finished the third book, but will definitely get to it in the near future.).

That's terrific!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]