Frequent Contributor
love4books
0 Kudos

Holiday Wish lists

The boards have been a bit slow these days so I thought that I would ask if you or your children have any special books on your wish lists?  In our house books are always a wonderful gift.  My daughters interest is very broad so the range is adding to  her Judy Moody,Geronimo Stilton and Katie Kazoo collections to 39 clues and Percy Jackson series (currently her favorite reading material).  Dragon stories, reference books, Hugo Caberet, books with magic and choose your own path history books.  I am sure I am missing some categories on her list! 

love4books 

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Holiday Wish lists

love4books wrote:

The boards have been a bit slow these days so I thought that I would ask if you or your children have any special books on your wish lists? 

Thanks for the topic, love4books.  Sometimes I look at the books and just admire them, or sometimes I pick one up to donate to a children's charity or the library.

It seems the "Add Product" feature is not functioning at the moment, so I'll point readers to this link for a little browsing:

Holiday Gift Guide: Christmas Picture Books 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

My son, Victor, really wants color picture mazes, such as

Super Color Picture Mazes .  This book took him some time to finish.  I got him a standard book of mazes and he finished them in about an hour's time. 

I sat down with him yesterday, during our snow day, and we read some

Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown Series #1) .  I think I have him hooked on those, so maybe I'll get him some more. 

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Author
ConnieAnnKirk

basson_mommy12 wrote:

My son, Victor, really wants color picture mazes, such as

Super Color Picture Mazes .  This book took him some time to finish.  I got him a standard book of mazes and he finished them in about an hour's time. 

I sat down with him yesterday, during our snow day, and we read some

Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown Series #1) .  I think I have him hooked on those, so maybe I'll get him some more. 

Ruth--I knew a little boy once who both a.) loved mazes and b.) enjoyed Encyclopedia Brown books.  So, it doesn't surprise me that Victor likes both of these also.  The little boy I knew is now a high school math teacher who still likes detective-type novels and still likes solving puzzles!  :smileywink:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]