Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


hestia wrote:

Hey Everyone!

 

I'm a full time grad student for Secondary English Education and a full time book lover. I have the core belief that books can help save lives sometimes. That being said, I read A LOT of YA lit now! I'm just happy and excited to have an on-line community of other book lovers.

 

Laura


 

Welcome, Laura!  We're excited to have you with us, too! 

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
Posts: 338
Registered: ‎04-09-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi, my name is J.L., and I'm a bookseller at B&N Oxford Valley, in Fairless Hills, PA, as well as a reference librarian at the public library in Southampton, PA.

 

No kids, but I still enjoy childrens' and YA books, and also like a lot of the recommendations being made here... they're a big help in my day-to-day work (both jobs), especially in an area I haven't actively read in around 20 years!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


JL_Garner wrote:

Hi, my name is J.L., and I'm a bookseller at B&N Oxford Valley, in Fairless Hills, PA, as well as a reference librarian at the public library in Southampton, PA.

 

No kids, but I still enjoy childrens' and YA books, and also like a lot of the recommendations being made here... they're a big help in my day-to-day work (both jobs), especially in an area I haven't actively read in around 20 years!


 

Welcome, JL!  That's great if you find some help on this board.  We'd always be pleased to hear your impressions, too, of what books seem to be popular in your store and library. 

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Reader
sweetreads
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-07-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi~

 

I m a new member and an avid reader!! I have two young sons that I read to all of the time. I would love to be able to have chats about books of all kinds. I am a stay at home mommy so I don't have a lot of adults to discuss books with:smileyhappy:

 

Sweetreads

Sweetreads:smileyhappy:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


sweetreads wrote:

Hi~

 

I m a new member and an avid reader!! I have two young sons that I read to all of the time. I would love to be able to have chats about books of all kinds. I am a stay at home mommy so I don't have a lot of adults to discuss books with:smileyhappy:

 

Sweetreads


 

Welcome, Sweetreads!  Love your screen name!  I hope you enjoy participating with other readers here in the Family Room.

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
Posts: 210
Registered: ‎10-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi. At first I attempted to read ALL the replies in this discussion, but I noticed that it's 7 pages so I just replied instead. Anyways, I'm a student--haha. LOL. I'm a young reader--young 'cause I'm 13 years old. When did I began to love reading books? Can't remember exactly. But after reading Goose Bumps: Night of the LIving Dummy III, I became ADDICTED to books. You know, like I can't stop myself from reading or searching for a book. Since then, I often found myself borrowing 4 books at the same time! :smileyvery-happy: Can't help it...

 

 

Yellowmist

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.storywrite.com/
It's cool! :smileyvery-happy:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


YeLLoWmisT wrote:

Hi. At first I attempted to read ALL the replies in this discussion, but I noticed that it's 7 pages so I just replied instead. Anyways, I'm a student--haha. LOL. I'm a young reader--young 'cause I'm 13 years old. When did I began to love reading books? Can't remember exactly. But after reading Goose Bumps: Night of the LIving Dummy III, I became ADDICTED to books. You know, like I can't stop myself from reading or searching for a book. Since then, I often found myself borrowing 4 books at the same time! :smileyvery-happy: Can't help it...

 

 

Yellowmist


 

Hi, Yellowmist!  Thanks for joining us!  It's great to have you here.  You might also like to know that BN.com Books Clubs has a Teen Book Club, too.

 

EnJOY!

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
roosterNM
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-09-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

 

I am a new member in The Family Room.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


roosterNM wrote:

Hello,

 

I am a new member in The Family Room.


Welcome, roosterNM.  The Community Room board has a place to talk about books members have written.  You should post your information there.

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
teka36
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎11-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi connie,

 

My Name is Teka Turnquest, I am a new member of the book club. I am a student at the university of Phoenix. I was doing an assignment on Information technology and I was reading about Nook. I was so fascinated by this product it inspired me to want to read more. So i joined the book club to keep up with the reading world!!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


teka36 wrote:

Hi connie,

 

My Name is Teka Turnquest, I am a new member of the book club. I am a student at the university of Phoenix. I was doing an assignment on Information technology and I was reading about Nook. I was so fascinated by this product it inspired me to want to read more. So i joined the book club to keep up with the reading world!!


 

Welcome, Teka!  We have many book clubs here at BN.com.   I hope you'll feel free to explore them all and choose one or two besides this one that might strike your fancy!  We're glad to have you with us!

 

And good luck with your Phoenix coursework!

 

 

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
MorrisW
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-27-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hello!

 

I'm an author of books for children and I will be very soon having good news for you... I guess!

 

All the best and you can see some of my work (in Spanish... yet) on my websites:

 

http://www.habiaotravez.com

http://www.facebook/habiaotravez

 

MW

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
Posts: 6,768
Registered: ‎04-04-2007

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

[ Edited ]

Since there are no children as an "active" part of my daily life, I don't believe I have ever browsed this board before. But the Community Room leads on poetry have caught my eye, since so much of the joy of poetry for me derives from my grade school years. 

 

(Just don't ask me to write poetry myself.)

 

Glad to see your moderator skills here, too, Connie.

 

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

[ Edited ]
Peppermill wrote:

Since there are no children as an "active" part of my daily life, I don't believe I have ever browsed this board before. But the Community Room leads on poetry have caught my eye, since so much of the joy of poetry for me derives from my grade school years. 

 

(Just don't ask me to write poetry myself.)

 

Glad to see your moderator skills here, too, Connie.

 

Pepper

 

Welcome, Pepper!  This board doesn't have as much discussion as it serves as a place for recommendations for children's and family books on various subjects. 

 

EnJOY!

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]