Reply
Frequent Contributor
VictoriousMary
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎09-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi Connie and fellow readers,

 

My name is Mary and I work with librarians in our Catholic school district.  I also visit many pre-school and primary grade classrooms.  I like to do read alouds.  I also like to be able to suggest good books to teachers and sometimes to parent groups.  I am always looking for new and not so new titles to suggest to them.  I started out as a first grade teacher and have been involved in education for over 25 years.

 

I love reading and helping others learn to love reading.

Victorious Mary
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


VictoriousMary wrote:

Hi Connie and fellow readers,

 

My name is Mary and I work with librarians in our Catholic school district.  I also visit many pre-school and primary grade classrooms.  I like to do read alouds.  I also like to be able to suggest good books to teachers and sometimes to parent groups.  I am always looking for new and not so new titles to suggest to them.  I started out as a first grade teacher and have been involved in education for over 25 years.

 

I love reading and helping others learn to love reading.


 

Welcome, Mary!  We're glad to have you.  Jump on in any time.

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Correspondent
Clippership14
Posts: 382
Registered: ‎07-12-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hello Connie; there's been a lot of moderator moves on the boards of late, hasn't there? I posted on the Introduce Yourself thread from before, but here's round two. I'm the mother of three and have always been an avid reader of children's and YA fiction. I like to keep up with what's out there so I can discuss things with my children. I look for well written books with good quality illustrations (if illustrations there be). Reading and writing are a big part of my family's culture which I'm hoping to pass down to my own children. So far so good.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


Clippership14 wrote:
Hello Connie; there's been a lot of moderator moves on the boards of late, hasn't there? I posted on the Introduce Yourself thread from before, but here's round two. I'm the mother of three and have always been an avid reader of children's and YA fiction. I like to keep up with what's out there so I can discuss things with my children. I look for well written books with good quality illustrations (if illustrations there be). Reading and writing are a big part of my family's culture which I'm hoping to pass down to my own children. So far so good.

 

Welcome back again, Clipper! 

 

I know that I joined this board and one other on Aug. 1st, but I'm not sure about other changes.

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
mrs.deuce
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-07-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hello,

 

This is my first time joining a book club. The Family Room interests me because I have an 8 yr old who loves to read. I also have a 1 yr old  who also enjoys a good book. 

I can't wait to pick up the next big thing for children reads. 

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


mrs.deuce wrote:

Hello,

 

This is my first time joining a book club. The Family Room interests me because I have an 8 yr old who loves to read. I also have a 1 yr old  who also enjoys a good book. 

I can't wait to pick up the next big thing for children reads. 


 

Welcome, mrs.deuce!  We have many parents here who love to share books with their children.  I hope you'll feel free to ask and comment about books whenever you like.

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
2smart4u
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-07-2008
0 Kudos

introducing

hi my name is shaquarrius. i am 15 and i love to read books. i want to know where all the super good books are at
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: introducing

Hello, shaquarrius!  Since you're 15, you might like to know that BN.com has a Teen Reads Book Club.  You can find it here.  I don't mean to say that you're not welcome here, but you might soon discover that most of the books talked about in the Family Room are for younger children. 

 

Enjoy your reading!

 

~ConnieK

 

 


2smart4u wrote:
hi my name is shaquarrius. i am 15 and i love to read books. i want to know where all the super good books are at

 

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Bialys
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-15-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

 MIchael Bialys

 

Author:

Chronicles of the Virago 

Author: Michael Bialys Esq.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


Bialys wrote:

 MIchael Bialys

 

Author:

Chronicles of the Virago 


 

Welcome, Michael!  Your link didn't work for me--you might want to check it and/or edit.

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
AngelaT
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hello everyone!

I am new to BN and I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Angela Tonderum.  I am an author of Children's books.  My first book "Kaycee Kangaroo Lost in Alphabet Forest" was just published and can be found on bn.com!  I am very excited about this.  The world of Children's literature is full of vast imaginations and creativity!  I am thrilled and proud to be part of such a group of authors!

 

I hope you enjoy my book!!

www.freewebs.com/atonderum

www.myspace.com/angelatonderum

 

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Welcome, AngelaT!

 

~ConnieK

 

 


AngelaT wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am new to BN and I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Angela Tonderum.  I am an author of Children's books.  My first book "Kaycee Kangaroo Lost in Alphabet Forest" was just published and can be found on bn.com!  I am very excited about this.  The world of Children's literature is full of vast imaginations and creativity!  I am thrilled and proud to be part of such a group of authors!

 

I hope you enjoy my book!!

www.freewebs.com/atonderum

www.myspace.com/angelatonderum

 


 

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Strawberry.blessing
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi, I am a mom of a 14mths old baby girlI used to read to her when she was younger, not consistently everyday, I thought then that she loves booksBUT wow that she is older, she seems to have less interest in books - she doesn't really want to sit down and read the book, but would prefer to carry the book around and flip pages.   Any suggestions from experienced moms out there ?
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Welcome, Strawberry!

 

The little ones do get busy, don't they, especially when they learn to walk!  Well, I know I used to take a special time each day to read to my children when they were that age.  Somehow, the pattern of a daily routine made it something they looked forward to as part of their day.  I don't know if that might help with your little gal, but you never know!  I would urge you not to give up reading to her, though.  Those days sitting together and nuzzling with my children and books remain among the favorites of my life. 

 

Good luck!

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Strawberry.blessing
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Thanks for the encouragement.  YES, definitely at least for my 14mths old girl... she is a busy bee.  Always on the action and always inquisitive.  She's always been that way since baby.  I shall continue to persevere and continue to read to her even if it is only for a second.  Hopefully she will grow up to love books.  Any suggestions of book for her to read ?
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


Strawberry.blessing wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement.  YES, definitely at least for my 14mths old girl... she is a busy bee.  Always on the action and always inquisitive.  She's always been that way since baby.  I shall continue to persevere and continue to read to her even if it is only for a second.  Hopefully she will grow up to love books.  Any suggestions of book for her to read ?

 

Oh, there are so many!  You can read many suggestions and recommendations right here on this board, Strawberry.  I hope you'll look around.  Good luck to you with your little one!

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
SarahKristy
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi Connie.

 

I am a Barnes and Noble Children's department Lead Bookseller and I've been working for the company and largely in children's departments for the last 2.5 years. I have always been an avid reader, and I love seeing how many of the same books that I read as a child are still just as popular. There is also some really great new stuff out there that I am extremely excited about. I'm not sure how long this process will take, but I am also in the process of writing a children's picture book, probably with the aim of having it released in time for christmas next year. If anyone is looking for suggestions I am always happy to help out!

 

Sarah

New User
AngelaT
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!

Hi Connie!

I wish you much success on your Children's book.  I have a question for you.  How do I go about getting reviews for my book? I have been working on promoting it via online and locally, however, I have yet to have a review. Also, do you have any other suggestions on marketing my book or gaining sales of my book?  I am extremely new at this.

Thanks for your input! :smileyvery-happy:

Angela Tonderum

'Kaycee Kangaroo Lost in Alphabet Forest'

www.freewebs.com/atonderum

www.myspace.com/angelatonderum

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


SarahKristy wrote:

Hi Connie.

 

I am a Barnes and Noble Children's department Lead Bookseller and I've been working for the company and largely in children's departments for the last 2.5 years. I have always been an avid reader, and I love seeing how many of the same books that I read as a child are still just as popular. There is also some really great new stuff out there that I am extremely excited about. I'm not sure how long this process will take, but I am also in the process of writing a children's picture book, probably with the aim of having it released in time for christmas next year. If anyone is looking for suggestions I am always happy to help out!

 

Sarah


 

Welcome, Sarah!  Best of luck with your book!

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself in The Family Room Here!


AngelaT wrote:

Hi Connie!

I wish you much success on your Children's book.  I have a question for you.  How do I go about getting reviews for my book? I have been working on promoting it via online and locally, however, I have yet to have a review. Also, do you have any other suggestions on marketing my book or gaining sales of my book?  I am extremely new at this.

Thanks for your input! :smileyvery-happy:

Angela Tonderum

'Kaycee Kangaroo Lost in Alphabet Forest'

www.freewebs.com/atonderum

www.myspace.com/angelatonderum


 

Welcome, AngelaT!  Boy; I'm certainly not the person to ask about marketing and promotion issues.  I don't do enough of that for my books.  I think what many mainstream publishers do is send out review copies of books to journals that write reviews of those kinds of books.  You can suggest titles of journals and other periodicals to the publisher. 

 

One way you can work on spreading the word about your book here is to put a link to your book's page at bn.com in your signature.  That way, every time you post, there will be a link to it available.

 

Good luck!

 

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]