BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Message Board Changes: The Family Room and Teen Reads

Hi Everyone,

Starting in December, you'll see two new boards that look quite familiar.

We've noticed that there are two audiences in the Kid Lit board -- parents looking for suggestions, and young adults talking about teen novels. So we decided to give each their own space.

We'll be changing the name of Kid Lit to The Family Room. This will still be your home for talking about your favorite childrens' books, get book recommendations for your for kids, but you can also talk about parenting guides, parents' memoirs … anything related to family life.

We'll also open a new board called Teen Reads. For ages 13 and up, this is the place to talk about all the great novels for young adults. Threads that are about young adult fiction, currently living on the Kid Lit board, will be moved into the new Teen Reads board.

Thanks, and enjoy the conversations!
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Frequent Contributor
coreen222
0 Kudos

Re: Message Board Changes: The Family Room and Teen Reads

I haven't been here in a while, and things sure have changed. Are we still doing a book of the month?

I am rereading THE GOLDEN COMPASS and I am almost finished reading THE LION THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE to my children. I am surprised at how well my six-year-old is following it.

Is there a selected book for this month?