Frequent Contributor
love4books

Reference books

This is a topic that I haven't seen brought up before and thought that I would ask you all of any really good reference books that you have found to be great to have in your house.  A few of our favorite are The Osborne Science Encyclopedia

The Usborne Internet-Linked Science Encyclopedia  There are many safe internet links that children can go to for further learning or interacting with games, video and questions about the topic that they are learning about. 

Scholastic Atlas of the World This has been the biggest life saver for us so far this year.  My daughter uses this just about every day (thank goodness we have a hard cover).  She finds that the information that is being needed for her papers are in this atlas more than her atlas at school.  Great for Middleschool!

Usborne Illustrated Dictionary of Math 

I can't say enough good things about this book.  Definitions and examples of hundreds of mathematical terms

love4books

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Re: Reference books

I really enjoy

The New Way Things Work .  I have the old edition, but it's very interesting and great for kids or adults!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Reference books

[ Edited ]

basson_mommy12 wrote:

I really enjoy

The New Way Things Work .  I have the old edition, but it's very interesting and great for kids or adults!

Oh, yes; and he has others as well.  The books on castles and cathedrals are good for history as well as architecture, mechanics, etc..  I haven't seen the other books he has out, but they'd be worth checking out.

Castle 

Cathedral 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]