Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
love4books
0 Kudos

The 39 Clues

Has anyone read The 39 Clues yet?   I am wondering how well they are liked and if they have any type of historical learning hidden within the reading.  I thought that this series would be a huge hit among the students at school but I haven't heard a peep.

love4books

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: The 39 Clues

I've wondered about their level of popularity, too, love4books.  I did hear this week that they've released the names of the rest of the authors of the series.  You can see the list here.
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
MysteryD
0 Kudos

I've read up to book five and i love the books

New User
AlisonAKC
0 Kudos

My 10 year old son loves this series.  He takes the initiative to read them on his own and asks for the next one as soon as he is done.  He is on book #4.  I have also heard that there is a webinar tomorrow but don't know how to access this.  His 5th grade teacher is letting the kids in his class that are interested watch it.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

AlisonAKC wrote:

My 10 year old son loves this series.  He takes the initiative to read them on his own and asks for the next one as soon as he is done.  He is on book #4.  I have also heard that there is a webinar tomorrow but don't know how to access this.  His 5th grade teacher is letting the kids in his class that are interested watch it.

Thanks, Alison.  How did the webinar go?  Did your son participate?

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Contributor
Belwulfs
0 Kudos

Actually there is some historical truth but there is a lot of fiction. But there are some true facts. But don't say it's all true.

War... War never changes.
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

I just got the first book in the series for my 7-year-old and I'm hoping he might like it.  He was starting to get a bit bored with Magic Treehouse.  He is also starting to get more interested in the "Encyclopedia Brown" series, for which I have a special place in my heart.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

I just got the first book in the series for my 7-year-old and I'm hoping he might like it.  He was starting to get a bit bored with Magic Treehouse.  He is also starting to get more interested in the "Encyclopedia Brown" series, for which I have a special place in my heart.

Great, Ruth!  Let us know how he likes the Clues books!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]