Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - DVD/Blu-ray

The WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE DVD and Blu-ray are coming out on March 2.  Are you looking forward to it?  If you get it, will you let us know what you think?

Where the Wild Things Are 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - DVD/Blu-ray

Yes been waiting for it to hit DVD, no way could I drag hubby to that one. Badly want to see it though.

Contributor
tiffany7marie
0 Kudos

Yes I anticipated the release of Where the Wild Things Are. I hadn't had a chance to see it in theaters.. I loved it. I thought it was very creative!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
tiffany7marie wrote:

Yes I anticipated the release of Where the Wild Things Are. I hadn't had a chance to see it in theaters.. I loved it. I thought it was very creative!

Creative is a good word for the movie in my opinion, too, tiffany7.  I think the director envisioned the story anew, in a way.  It wasn't like he really "adapted" the picture book, as it were.  It's more like he took a brand new take on the story, as a film, and remade it.

I actually liked it a lot better than I thought I would when I saw it in the theater.  I'm curious what the special features will be in the DVD, and whether they'll show too much about how it was made.  Sometimes, even though the special features are made to be "behind the scenes," and you have the option to watch them or not, I find myself not wanting to break the "magic" of filmmaking too much.  I don't always want to see "the man behind the curtain," you know?

Where the Wild Things Are 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

I have my copy on my desk right now. Plan on watching it tonight. I got the DVD version, I'll let you guys know any disc details, asap.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

I'm going to watch it again tomorrow.

I have to say what a wonderful adaptation. Warm, beautiful, funny.. very close to awe inspiring.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

I'm going to watch it again tomorrow.

I have to say what a wonderful adaptation. Warm, beautiful, funny.. very close to awe inspiring.

It's really kind of "deep" in its own way, isn't it, Tigger?  It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it. 

Let us know about the special features on the DVD, won't you, when you get a chance?

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
tiffany7marie
0 Kudos

I always watch the "behind the scenes" footage

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Oh sorry, my brain is all over the place these days.

It's all back stage footage. One's just the boy playing director, one of the the director is wonderful prank, one's funny scare the kid, the longest is this is how much trouble this scene was to capture.

(shrug) nothing special really. I haven't found any easter eggs yet. I don't there are any. There might be more sf on the BlueRay version.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Did anybody buy or rent the BR version?