Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

"Larklight" by Philip Reeve: A discussion on a Victorian space pirate adventure

Larklight, a.k.a. "A Rousing Tale of Dauntless Pluck in the Farthest Reaches of Space", is, in my opinion, one of the greatest tween books of the 21st century. Honestly, space pirates, megalomaniacal white spiders wearing bowler hats, lizardlike creatures of unknown origin with amazing understanding of alchemy, flying houses and true mad scientists? The book can't be beaten in its amazingly captivating plot.
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

Re: "Larklight" by Philip Reeve: A discussion on a Victorian space pirate adventure

[ Edited ]
I've waited long enough for replies... Since no one cares about this wonderful book which I would love to discuss, I wonder how I can remove this thread entirely from the board... :smileysad:

Message Edited by dianaprince on 11-15-2007 05:02 PM
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: "Larklight" by Philip Reeve: A discussion on a Victorian space pirate adventure

Did you cross-post this on the the SciFi/Fantasy board? You might find interested readers there; the r-mod is lady_hockey.

dianaprince wrote:
I've waited long enough for replies... Since no one cares about this wonderful book which I would love to discuss, I wonder how I can remove this thread entirely from the board... :smileysad:

Message Edited by dianaprince on 11-15-2007 05:02 PM

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thank you!!! (Later) ... Wait a second... There's something wrong with the Sci-Fi board! I'm very confused as to why it won't let me post a new thread... Or did I misunderstand your advice??? Please explain, although I'm very sorry to bother you again.

Message Edited by dianaprince on 11-16-2007 07:12 PM
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
lady_hockey, who is the reader-moderator for the SciFi board, probably has it set so that only she can start new threads. My own board (Literature by Women) is set up that way because it helps to keeps the discussions more streamlined. Try posting under this thread where people suggest different things for the board to discuss. You can also private message (PM) her and suggest Larklight as one of the monthly selections.

dianaprince wrote:
Thank you!!! (Later) ... Wait a second... There's something wrong with the Sci-Fi board! I'm very confused as to why it won't let me post a new thread... Or did I misunderstand your advice??? Please explain, although I'm very sorry to bother you again.

Message Edited by dianaprince on 11-16-2007 07:12 PM

Message Edited by pedsphleb on 11-16-2007 11:42 PM
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the link!!! I will post my thread as soon as I finish this post. I still do wonder why lady_hockey is so selfish about sharing the sci-fi/fantasy board... (oops -- I hope lady_hockey isn't reading this right now...)