Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

Re: ARCS FOR ANTIPHON BY KEN SCHOLES! READ THIS THREAD, PEOPLE!!!

You missed me...I will be ready to go Monday w/ everyone else.   Thanks, Anita

:smileyhappy:
Distinguished Correspondent
flouncyninja

I'm looking forward to taking part in the weekly readalong as well!  Finished Lamentation during my vacation and came home to Canticle and Antiphon waiting for me.  Can't wait to zip through book 2 and start on the discussion with everyone next week.

Leslie

Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

Sorry I missed some of you. Well, this is our Read-Along list so far:

Karen (Mountain_Muse)

Jaime (Salander_9277)

Luanne (pen21)

Melissa (Melhay)

Debbie (dhaupt)

Dalnewt

Liago

Karen (Mountain_Muse)

Jaime (salander_9277)

vpenning

Bryan (BryanThomasS)

Katie (Krb2g)

Rob (All-Things-Stephen-King)

AFShaffer

MikeyLikesIt

Pdxtrent

LadyMin)

ToniWi

Anita (1arch1)

Leslie (flouncyninja)

Hey, Paul, how many ARCs were delivered?

Wordsmith
elaine_hf

Hi - I will also be participating in the Antiphon discussions. I'm looking forward to this book, this is a genre that I 'lived in' when I was younger, and I am drawn to re-discovering it. I have to apologize, I have been searching for this discussion, and wondering when we were going to begin. This is what happens when you take a few days of vacation...

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Monday will be a busy day, but I am really looking forward to this discussion.

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

Re: ARCS FOR ANTIPHON - Read-Along Schedule

Nadine wrote:

Dalnewt is absolutely right. This is the schedule Paul posted. Some of us got a bit excited when the threads went up and jumped in a little early, myself included. Unfortunately, that left a lot of people behind who didn't expect such an early start. So the Read-Along should follow the schedule dalnewt posted below.

dalnewt wrote:

The finalized schedule set by Paul is as follows:

July 25-July 31: ANTIPHON: Introduction and Preliminary Comments (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 1, Reintroduction: page 1-87 thread discussing Antiphon's prelude as well as the earlier books and materials.)

August 1-7: ANTIPHON: Reintroduction, page 1-87 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 1, Reintroduction: page 1-87 discussion to commence as of August 1.)

August 8-14: ANTIPHON: Altered Perceptions, page 88-167 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 3, Altered Perceptions: page 88-167 thread discussion to commence as of August 8.)

August 15-21: ANTIPHON: Revelations, page 168-264 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 3, Revelations: page 168-264 thread discussion to commence as of August 15.)

August 22-28: ANTIPHON: Bombshells and Concluding Remarks page 265 to 380 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 4, Bombshells, page 265 to 380 thread discussion to commence as of August 22.)

For All Those Who Have Finished Antiphon discussion of the entire book or any part of it occurs in is the ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: General Discussion thread. 

I missed the schedule so I am glad that you reposted it.  When i logged in yesterday i thought I had fallen way far behind already but I am halfway through the first section and will be done by Monday so I guess I am doing fine.  Somehow with the Sneak Peaks I never seem to see all the threads or info.  Why isn't it organized like the first looks so it is all together?

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Nadine wrote:

Geez, sorry Nadine! I just saw your question –  I'm not sure but I would guess 100 or less...

Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Nadine

[ Edited ]

paulgoatallen wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Geez, sorry Nadine! I just saw your question –  I'm not sure but I would guess 100 or less...

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I was just curious. Looks like about 20% of the people who got the ARC are going to participate in the Read-Along. Should be a good discussion, especially with all the new people.

pen21

Nadine wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I was just curious. Looks like about 20% of the people who got the ARC are going to participate in the Read-Along. Should be a good discussion, especially with all the new people.

Nadine and Paul,

I agree it should be a lively discussion. Having new people with new thoughts brings a lot to our reading group. And to the new people don't be intimidated. I admit I was when I joined in the Canticle discussion. I had a few moments of being overwhelmed and the OMG I will never keep up times. But it is a fun discussion, no pressure should be felt. Just jump right in. Don't worry about the number of posts(that worried me for some dumb unknown reason), there are lots of quotes and building on each others ideas, so they just look long. But it does help see how a thought about the story was built. I love the separate threads. It avoids spoilers and everyone can read at a different rate. It helped me to be able to post before I went off to help a sick relative, so my first thoughts were posted and I will keep discussing this first section for another whole week.

Luanne

Contributor
gnimsh
0 Kudos

Re: ARCS FOR ANTIPHON BY KEN SCHOLES! READ THIS THREAD, PEOPLE!!!en

I've been travelling on vacation and won't be returning to my book til August 10th, so I will be participating in the sneak peak thread.  I just couldn't wait for the schedule to read along, but I will definitely discuss right along with everyone else in the other thread!

Frequent Contributor
cmmn

Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't join in sooner.  I've had some catching up to do since I hadn't read Lamentations or Canticle yet.   I haven't read anything in this genre for quite a while.  After reading Ken Scholes first to book and the short eBook I wonder why.  I really enjoyed entering their world and becoming totally immersed.  It's been hard to come back to my own world.  I look forward to the discussions.

Distinguished Correspondent
flouncyninja

Just finished Canticle moments ago and hoping the shock wears off, so I read the first few chapters of Antiphon after dinner.  Wow, this story just keeps getting better and better.

Hopefully I'll be joining the discussions in the first section's threat tomorrow or Wednesday.  I'm eager to get started and feel a bit behind!

Leslie

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I'm on business travel until Thursday evening, and I'm stuck with a laptop that won't connect to the internet... I'll join in the discussion on Friday.

Thanks, Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Reader 4
Shel29

I'm new at all the posting what's the easiest way to follow along and comment!?!?!  Can you check in on posts without having to follow in real time? Melissa....Glad to hear you're feeling better :smileyhappy: :smileywink:

Nadine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Shel29 wrote:

I'm new at all the posting what's the easiest way to follow along and comment!?!?!  Can you check in on posts without having to follow in real time? Melissa....Glad to hear you're feeling better :smileyhappy: :smileywink:

You can jump in anywhere at any time.

If you are joining the Read-Along group, we are doing one section of the schedule a week. We are actually still on Section 1 but some of us have started reading the second section to prepare for next week's discussion of Section 2 that begins August 8. We read through the scheduled section, discuss it during the first part of the week, move on and read the next section toward the end of the week so we are ready to go for the next section. 

Here is the Read-Along schedule:

July 25-July 31: ANTIPHON: Introduction and Preliminary Comments (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 1, Reintroduction: page 1-87 thread discussing Antiphon's prelude as well as the earlier books and materials.)

August 1-7: ANTIPHON: Reintroduction, page 1-87 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 1, Reintroduction: page 1-87 discussion to commence as of August 1.)

August 8-14: ANTIPHON: Altered Perceptions, page 88-167 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 2, Altered Perceptions: page 88-167 thread discussion to commence as of August 8.)

August 15-21: ANTIPHON: Revelations, page 168-264 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 3, Revelations: page 168-264 thread discussion to commence as of August 15.)

August 22-28: ANTIPHON: Bombshells and Concluding Remarks page 265 to 380 (See ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: Section 4, Bombshells, page 265 to 380 thread discussion to commence as of August 22.)

For All Those Who Have Finished Antiphon discussion of the entire book or any part of it occurs in is the ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: General Discussion thread.

Contributor
PeteyParker
0 Kudos

I'm trying to get to Antiphon but have been so busy lately I'm still on Canticle. I have about 100 pages left of that. I should hopefully be able to finsh that this weekend and then be able to get caught up for the discussions.

Reader 2
Dajhek
0 Kudos

I'm new to this series AND to following along with a book discussion this way. Anything I should keep in mind to make sure I keep in the loop with this?

I'm extremely busy with work at the moment, so I hope I can keep up with the schedule. It appears I'm already behind, but I'll work to keep up.

Nadine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dajhek wrote:

I'm new to this series AND to following along with a book discussion this way. Anything I should keep in mind to make sure I keep in the loop with this?

I'm extremely busy with work at the moment, so I hope I can keep up with the schedule. It appears I'm already behind, but I'll work to keep up.

Just read the section assigned for the week and then post your overall opinion. If you fall behind ,then just post in the appropriate thread when you get it done. If you have time, read through what others have said and add your comments to them as the spirit moves you. Since the book will be released at the end of the month, the discussion may spill over into September as new readers pick it up.

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

OK-  I have to admit that I am just not getting into it. Is that because I havent' read the first two?  I don't usually do a lot of sci-fi/fantasy, But have read enough to enjoy some. Please tell me that it may be because I didn't read the others.  I feel like I am missing too much.  :smileysad:

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
paulgoatallen

liisa22 wrote:

OK-  I have to admit that I am just not getting into it. Is that because I havent' read the first two?  I don't usually do a lot of sci-fi/fantasy, But have read enough to enjoy some. Please tell me that it may be because I didn't read the others.  I feel like I am missing too much.  :smileysad:

ABSOLUTELY! Reading Antiphon without first reading Lamentation and Canticle, well, it would be like picking up The Lord of the Rings in the last book of the trilogy. You're missing EVERYTHING – the initial world building, the character development, the beginning of all of the plotlines, etc.

Please read Lamentation and Canticle first – I'll gurantee that you'll be into Antiphon then!  :smileyhappy:

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky