paulgoatallen

ARCS FOR ANTIPHON BY KEN SCHOLES! READ THIS THREAD, PEOPLE!!!

[ Edited ]

ANTIPHON SNEAK PEEK: ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN!

Note: Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look and Sneak Peek selections. Please also note: We cannot ship internationally.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 

If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information. If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper right of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  

Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To --

Antiphon

Subject -- 

Your Message -- 
full name, mailing address (including zip), daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.

Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.

These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.

Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives.

After Canticle, I had literally a dozen or so forum regulars say that it would be a great idea if we could somehow get some advanced reading copies of Book Three, Antiphon, and do a kind of "first book" event where some of Ken's hardcore fans could get a sneak peek. I let my bosses know about this in October – and then I waited, and waited, and waited....

Here's the tentative schedule:

August 2 to August 13: General Discussion

August 9 to August 13: Ken Joins the Group

So, get ready, friends! Not only do a lucky few get to read the next installment of this amazing series months ahead of time, we get to chat with Ken about it as well!    :smileyhappy:

Paul

http://aidanmoher.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/antiphon-by-ken-scholes.jpg

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

Re: ARCS FOR ANTIPHON BY KEN SCHOLES! READ THIS THREAD, PEOPLE!!!

[ Edited ]

I'm in line with my tongue hanging out! I'll start rereading the first two and get my notes in order in June! How do I get on the list?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

:smileytongue: :smileytongue: :smileytongue:

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I knew you would be the first to reply, Nadine! :smileyhappy:

I don't have specifics yet but check back to this thread for updates!

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Paul,

You know that i WILL be in that line right behind Nadine and I'm sure Melissa will be joining us.  Better get to rereading the first two books like Nadine to be ready for it.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Seriously, you guys, this is going to be AMAZING! Now you'll know what it's like to be me – I remember when I read Lamentation a few months before it was released and then told you guys about it – more than a few of you were going nuts waiting for it! Now we can all be in the same boat.

This WILL be the event of the summer as far as I' m concerned...

Paul

Nadine

paulgoatallen wrote:

Seriously, you guys, this is going to be AMAZING! Now you'll know what it's like to be me – I remember when I read Lamentation a few months before it was released and then told you guys about it – more than a few of you were going nuts waiting for it! Now we can all be in the same boat.

Paul

That's right! You won't be able to gloat! Hey, can we get Ken to give us the section breaks for our reading discussions? He knows how we work.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Nadine wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Paul

That's right! You won't be able to gloat! Hey, can we get Ken to give us the section breaks for our reading discussions? He knows how we work.

I can do that, Nadine – I ALREADY have an ARC! (Cue the evil laughter!)    :smileyhappy:

Paul

Nadine
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Nadine wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Paul

I can do that, Nadine – I ALREADY have an ARC! (Cue the evil laughter!)    :smileyhappy:

Paul

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

Ok Gloat!

Nadine
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

Paul,

You know that i WILL be in that line right behind Nadine and I'm sure Melissa will be joining us.  Better get to rereading the first two books like Nadine to be ready for it.

Toni

Yeh! And let's remember to add this short story to the reading list!

A Weeping Csar Beholds the Moon

It is also a good backgrounder.

Paul, do you know if Ken has written any more short fiction related to this series?

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I haven't heard of anything new, Nadine, but I could be wrong...

Paul

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263

Wow, this is amazing!  I know I am new here, but I have been dying to read the first two books.  I may not be able to get one of the ARCs and participate (though I would love to), but I just ordered the first two and will read them next week.  :smileyvery-happy:

If anyone still needs to read Lamentation, it can be ordered online in hardcover at the bargain price of $4.48:

Lamentation (Psalms of Isaak Series #1)

Nadine
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

Wow, this is amazing!  I know I am new here, but I have been dying to read the first two books.  I may not be able to get one of the ARCs and participate (though I would love to), but I just ordered the first two and will read them next week.  :smileyvery-happy:

If anyone still needs to read Lamentation, it can be ordered online in hardcover at the bargain price of $4.48:

Lamentation (Psalms of Isaak Series #1)

The name Nadine is unusual enough but how did you get the name Athena-Nadine!?

Love your quote!

Nadine

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

Nadine wrote:

The name Nadine is unusual enough but how did you get the name Athena-Nadine!?

Love your quote!

Nadine

Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

My mother got her degree in Art History and was fascinated by Greek and Egyptian mythology.  I have no idea where Nadine came from, or why she hyphenated it.  She told me she just thought it fit.  I guess, if you look at the meanings of them, they kind of do fit together, since nadine means Hope.  LOL

dalnewt

I'm envious. I'd love to read an arc of Antiphon but don't expect to because I haven't been around that long. Nonetheless, I'm happy for those who'll get the chance and will try to stay away from the Antiphon discussion thread so as not to ruin my enjoyment of the book when it comes out in September.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

dalnewt wrote:

I'm envious. I'd love to read an arc of Antiphon but don't expect to because I haven't been around that long. Nonetheless, I'm happy for those who'll get the chance and will try to stay away from the Antiphon discussion thread so as not to ruin my enjoyment of the book when it comes out in September.

Dainewt,

I don't see why you can't sign up for a copy and enjoy it with the rest of us.  Everyone has an equal chance.  None of us have got an advantage and you have just as much right as the rest of  us to get an ARC and participate.  So please try when the registration opens.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Nadine

dalnewt wrote:

These are the people who originally posted in the Lamintation thread that they were interested in the "Sneak Peek"

paulgoatallen

Melhay

Pen1

Nadine

Nelsmom

dalnewt, I don't now how many ARCs Paul has but I would sure vote you into the short list. You came in late and on the second book, but you made some outstanding contributions to the discussion at the end. Of course Paul will decide (I promise to be nice to you Paul :smileysad: and not give you too hard a time) who will get the limited ARCs.

Some of your comments can be found here.

pen21

Me! ME! Me! Please I want an ARC.

Pretty Please! I am asking nice.

pen21

Nadine

pen21 wrote:

Me! ME! Me! Please I want an ARC.

Pretty Please! I am asking nice.

pen21

Oh, we have to have you! You are one of our best posters! Do You think we can bribe Paul? Maybe he would go for a bottle of Rodolfo's favorite peach wine.

Nadine

I tagged a bunch of stuff related to our Antiphon predictions when we were finishing up Canticle. It would be fun to see how close we came in some of our ideas. For future reference here are the messages that were tagged:

Antiphon Predictions

Nadine
0 Kudos

Nadine wrote:

I tagged a bunch of stuff related to our Antiphon predictions when we were finishing up Canticle. It would be fun to see how close we came in some of our ideas. For future reference here are the messages that were tagged:

Antiphon Predictions

I just read through the tagged posts and I think we were all right on about the action shifting to the Churning Waste and centering on Neb (plus a lot of other things). But looking at the cover of Antiphon, Neb and the Churning Waste are a for sure.