Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Janice00
0 Kudos

Any good vamp. books?

I love vampires and write about them, but when i'm not writing im reading. know ant good ones?
"Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional."
--Me
Frequent Contributor
adoring_fan
0 Kudos

Re: Any good vamp. books?

Janice00 wrote:
I love vampires and write about them, but when i'm not writing im reading. know ant good ones?

Janice, hop over to the Paranormal and UF board for lots of suggestions.
I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hairspray I use, and the girlfriends I have....
New User
bookclubwannabe
0 Kudos

Yes yes yes!
I am in the 5th book of the series of The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. I'm addicted and can't put these books down! You gotta read them, all of my friends are addicted to them. Its also a bit "sexy" and erotic, so if your not into that, these books are not for you. But I highly recommend giving it a try!
Here are the series:

Dark Lover
Lover Eternal
Lover Awakened
Lover Revealed
Lover Unbound
Lover Enshrined (coming out in June)

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
New User
bookyworm7
0 Kudos

hey!!! i would have to recommend the twilight series!! i don't know if you've read them or not but they are amazing and have a HUGE fanbase!! they are very good!! i recommend that...\

books in the series:
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn (Not yet released)
New User
DreamWeave
0 Kudos

Fevre Dream    By George R R Martin

I Cannot Recomend it highly enough
New User
dmcginnis_24
0 Kudos

Read Laurell K. Hamilton of course for Good Vampire books!
New User
CoquetteinaCorset
0 Kudos

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith.  I couldn't put it down.

New User
evol-takes-over
0 Kudos

i saw that and was debating to get it or not

Contributor
JedanToma
0 Kudos

I just finished a great book "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova.  It is different from your typical vampire book.  I really enjoyed the change.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

JedanToma wrote:
I just finished a great book "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova.  It is different from your typical vampire book.  I really enjoyed the change.

I really liked that book also, it was a little long and sometimes a little wordy but all in all a great book.

Reader
cwaters63
0 Kudos

I'm about halfway through Night Watch and it's really good.  It doesn't deal exclusively with vampires, they're just one type of "Other."  It's translated from Russian so there are a few things that dont make sense but it never ruined it for me.  And a nice thing about Night Watch is that it's part of a tetrology so if u like the first one you've got 3 more to look forward to.  Hope this helped
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

cwaters63 wrote:
I'm about halfway through Night Watch and it's really good.  It doesn't deal exclusively with vampires, they're just one type of "Other."  It's translated from Russian so there are a few things that dont make sense but it never ruined it for me.  And a nice thing about Night Watch is that it's part of a tetrology so if u like the first one you've got 3 more to look forward to.  Hope this helped

The books get better. The movies of the first 2 are fantastic. But yeah you do at times get the impression that a little is lost in translation. And a reread does not remove it.

New User
CoquetteinaCorset
0 Kudos

It's about a girl who is torn between 2 vampire brothers.  It's a good work of fiction that is really easy to read. Just so you know.  If that helps in your debate of getting it or not. :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

For funny try Gerry Bartlett,  Mary Janice Davidson, Charlaine Harris or Erin McCarthy.  Lynsay Sands is also a good read as well as Maggie Shayne.
Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

Janice00 wrote:

For funny try Gerry Bartlett,  Mary Janice Davidson, Charlaine Harris or Erin McCarthy.  Lynsay Sands is also a good read as well as Maggie Shayne.
Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
New User
Porcelain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well, let's start off with the typical.. :smileyvery-happy:

My ultimate favorites by Stephenie Meyer:

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

I also love the House of Night series by P.C. Cast:

Marked

Betrayed

Chosen (This recently just came out, I really need to get this one)

Although I haven't read these, you might like them.

Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde.

The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause.

Keturah and Lord Death by Martin Leavitt.

Blue Bloods by Melissa Marr.

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith.

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. (I don't know if this is about Vampires)

Vampire High by Douglas Rees.

Message Edited by Porcelain on 08-16-2008 11:39 AM
Message Edited by Porcelain on 08-16-2008 11:39 AM
Contributor
Ariesjla
0 Kudos

I 2nd the recommendation on Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga!

:smileysad: Boy am i tired.....i guess sleep deprivation will do that to you, lol......i just can't seem to put the books down.  I started the series on Monday and I've started on the 4th and last one.  I feel kinda sad about finishing it.

**Saleswoman: It's the latest scent! You wear this, and you'll have to beat the men off with a stick.
**Wonder Woman: Believe me - I don't need a stick.
New User
FreeRangeAuthor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Some of Your Blood by Theodore Sturgeon - this is a very weird treatment of the "vampire" mythos. Basically Sturgeon creates a vampiric relationship that has no supernatural elements.

I do not recommend this to readers under 12.

Ultimately it is very disturbing.

-- Seattle

Message Edited by FreeRangeAuthor on 08-31-2008 06:18 AM
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

DreamWeave wrote:
Fevre Dream    By George R R Martin

I Cannot Recomend it highly enough

Seconded. I also always recommend Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Saint-Germain series when it comes to this question.
Derek Tatum
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Hey, we discussed this IN DEPTH last year...well, kind of. The topic was Stoker's Dracula's influence on contemporary horror. We eventually ended up listing our Top Ten Vampire Novels (my list is below along with the link.) It was a really interesting discussion and I actually discovered some great novels that I hadn't even heard of before so if you're looking for GREAT vampire novels, here's a ton....

TOP TEN VAMPIRE NOVELS
1. Bram Stoker’s Dracula – the granddaddy of them all
2. Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend
3. ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
4. Lucius Shepard’s The Golden
5. Blood Games by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
6. Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire
7. The Children of the Night by Dan Simmons
8. Charlie Huston’s Already Dead
9. The Nymphos of Rocky Flats by Mario Acevedo
10. Fat White Vampire Blues and Bride of the Fat White Vampire by Andrew Fox 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=bsdclassic&thread.id=7&jump=true

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky