Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

BREAKING NEWS! Author of Ready Player One, New Book Deal Just Closed

ERNIE CLINE STRIKES AGAIN!

Ready Player One was also purchased aggressively by Random House, and Warner Brothers followed outbidding several studios for the film rights, and is currently putting together a movie based on an adaptation by Cline and Eric Eason (A Better Life).  The novel, originally published in hardcover in August 2011 and, with little time in bookstores, impressively landed on a number of Best of 2011 lists; including #1 on Amazon’s list of the Best Science Fiction & Fantasy Books, #1 on Barnes & Noble’s list of the Best Science Fiction Novels, #1 on Hudson Booksellers list of the Best Fiction, #2 on Goodreads Science Fiction Novel of the Year, #6 on io9’s list of the Best Science Fiction and Fantasy Books, #9 on Entertainment Weekly’s Best Novels, and #10 on Apple’s Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Books, and the audio book was Audible’s Highest Rated Audio Book of 2011.   Cline also found himself ranked #29 on USA Today’s Top 100 People of 2011 List, and largely celebrated as the face of the nerds and Fanboys all around the world.

Cline’s publishing rights were once again represented by his manager Dan Farah of Farah Films & Management and book publishing agent Yfat Reiss Gendell of Foundry Literary.   Farah and Paradigm are once again representing the film rights.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: BREAKING NEWS! Author of Ready Player One, New Book Deal Just Closed

I loved the first book. And everyone I know that read the book loved it. So I will be looking forward to his next book. A file based on his first book would be a movie I would watch.

I have a question. What is the Me Too at the bottom of your post? I tried to open a link to it and I think it thought I had checked it. Is it another B&N board mystery?

MacMcK1957

pen21 wrote:

I have a question. What is the Me Too at the bottom of your post? I tried to open a link to it and I think it thought I had checked it. Is it another B&N board mystery?

That button is for people posting issues with their Nooks, or with the website.  Others can click on it so you can see "23 other people also had this problem".  Not really appropriate on the F&SF board.  Maybe Paul can ask Alex to remove the option from this board?

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

That button is for people posting issues with their Nooks, or with the website.  Others can click on it so you can see "23 other people also had this problem".  Not really appropriate on the F&SF board.  Maybe Paul can ask Alex to remove the option from this board?

Absolutely right – let me see what I can do! :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
pen21
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

MacMcK1957 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Absolutely right – let me see what I can do! :smileyhappy:

Of course I had to try something with that Me Too button. It sounded like something fun.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

*hops up and down*  yay!!

Have you heard at all what it's supposed to be about? (though if its just a proposal, that could change a bit between now and the street date)

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Melissa_W wrote:

*hops up and down*  yay!!

Have you heard at all what it's supposed to be about? (though if its just a proposal, that could change a bit between now and the street date)

Melissa:

I can't dig up anything – mum is the word, it seems!

Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss
0 Kudos

Just got the computer fixed, so have been out of touch. You might have answered this another place. :smileyhappy: Any more updates on Cline's new book? Ready Player One was on my top ten list last year! Thanks!
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

luciadelabyss wrote:
Just got the computer fixed, so have been out of touch. You might have answered this another place. :smileyhappy: Any more updates on Cline's new book? Ready Player One was on my top ten list last year! Thanks!

No new info.... it's all very hush hush. I'm so curious what this book will be about!  :smileyhappy: