Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Beautiful Women with Super Powers

[ Edited ]

Hey, just stumbled across what looks like a great "bargain" book on the B&N website... It's a coffee table picture book entitled DC Comics Covergirls and it takes a comprehensive look at all of the female heroines and villains in the DC Comic universe – Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Batgirl, etc. It's selling for $14.98 and it looks like it was released a few years back for $39.95...

Has anyone actually thumbed through this book? How cool is it? Just curious before I actually buy it...

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 04-04-2009 07:26 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

Re: Beautiful Women with Super Powers

Awesome! I hadn't heard of this at all. Seems to be an amazing price for something a collector is sure to appreciate.
PenelopeTX
Do NOT invoke my inner Mama Bear! (Credited to me)
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Hey, just stumbled across what looks like a great "bargain" book on the B&N website... It's a coffee table picture book entitled DC Comics Covergirls and it takes a comprehensive look at all of the female heroines and villains in the DC Comic universe – Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Batgirl, etc. It's selling for $14.98 and it looks like it was released a few years back for $39.95...

Has anyone actually thumbed through this book? How cool is it? Just curious before I actually buy it...

Paul 

Just why is only Wonder woman on the cover?

Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if they are conveying that inside we will see a progression of the art over time. That would be something to see.

TiggerBear wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Paul 

PenelopeTX
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

It's just 62 WW with 92 WW.

PenelopeTX wrote:

I'm wondering if they are conveying that inside we will see a progression of the art over time. That would be something to see.

TiggerBear wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Paul 

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

PenelopeTX wrote:

Yeah, P, that's why I started this thread – I was hoping someone already had this book and would share his or her impressions. I am cautious about ordering a book like this without perusing it first.

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

Hmmm, out of stock at my fav B&Ns. Gonna be hard to drop in and take a look at the far locations. Sounds so promising...in a better economy we might all have taken the gamble for something like this at this price because it seems like its worth the gamble. I'll let you know if I get a chance to drive out and skim it.
PenelopeTX
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I know these aren't DC character but I have always preferred Marvel, and I know this thread is about a book but I wanted to post pics of some of my favorite female super heroes.

Mockingbird     Scarlet Witch     Medusa     Polaris     Tigra     Storm     Diamondback

Silver Sable

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

Man, no chance to drive out to far locations today. I am a hair's breath (what am I talking about, and is it hair or hare?) away from taking the risk and just ordering unseen. If I don't love the book, someone in my immediate circle will. I'll write back if I do get it.

Ryan, you are awesome. I think this was a good place to start your suggestion that we discuss Marvel sometime. Could lead to a new thread.

PenelopeTX
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Awe Shucks

PenelopeTX wrote:

Man, no chance to drive out to far locations today. I am a hair's breath (what am I talking about, and is it hair or hare?) away from taking the risk and just ordering unseen. If I don't love the book, someone in my immediate circle will. I'll write back if I do get it.

Ryan, you are awesome. I think this was a good place to start your suggestion that we discuss Marvel sometime. Could lead to a new thread.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com