Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

Brandon Sanderson to Write a YA Dystopian Trilogy!

[ Edited ]

Just saw the cover reveal in EW of the first book in Brandon Sanderson's upcoming YA dystopian trilogy, entitled Steelheart (Sept. 24, 2013, Hardcover, $19.99).

Below is the short teaser and the cover!

There are no heroes.

Every single person who manifested powers—we call them Epics—turned out to be evil.

Here, in the city once known as Chicago, an extraordinarily powerful Epic declared himself Emperor. Steelheart has the strength of ten men and can control the elements. It is said no bullet can harm him, no sword can split his skin, no explosion can burn him. He is invincible.

It has been ten years. We live our lives as best we can. Nobody fights back . . . nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans who spend their lives studying powerful Epics, finding their weaknesses, then assassinating them.

My name is David Charleston. I’m not one of the Reckoners, but I intend to join them. I have something they need. Something precious, something incredible. Not an object, but an experience. I know his secret.

I’ve seen Steelheart bleed.

steelheart.jpg

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: Brandon Sanderson to Write a YA Dystopian Trilogy!

So is Chicago the new go-to location for YA Dystopia?  Divergent begins filming in a month or two.

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

This looks good and I love dystopian novels. .adding to my list.
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:

So is Chicago the new go-to location for YA Dystopia?  Divergent begins filming in a month or two.

It certainly seems to be a hot spot for some reason!

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Bibliophile
Melhay

I had seen this show up and I'm curious about it.  I wonder if I could get the kid into Sanderson's work...seeing how much I've enjoyed his adult writing. :smileywink: This could be one for us to read together.  And kind of a flip feel to the superhero powers idea.  I like it. :smileyhappy:

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/