Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, is it even worth reading the second book?

Ok so, I just finished the first book. Well, I have three pages left in the epilogue, but I've already scanned them over and really don’t see the point. I am unbelievably and beyond disappointment right now. Cassandra has a great story with lots of twist and action, but to ruin it by making the only interesting love story in the book a tale of unknowing incest, was just a bummer (being mild here). So now, I'm grossed out and if I ever re-read the book, I'll be really nauseated every time they make out. And what do I have to look forward too? Jace hooks up with Isabelle?--Yippy :-/ Ooo ooo, maybe Clary will fall for dependable and steady Simon-- how fun :-/ Cassandra has really given me no reason to move on with the series. The action was great, but it was the love that really had me interested and now that's ruined. However, I don’t want to be hasty. My decision determines what my book club reads, so I've come to you. Is this Series worth continuing? Does Clary find a love worth reading about? A simple yes or no will do with that, but not too many details. However, if it is revealed that Jace and Clary are in fact not siblings, that is one spoiler I want! I know I'm still holding onto a thread of hope here, but if there's still hope for those two to get together, let me know please! Any way, thanks for listening to my rant and telling me whether or not it's worth moving on with the books. -Lindsay

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Re: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, is it even worth reading the second book?

[ Edited ]

I, too, thought that that part was a little much and didn't really care for it for my Daughter and me but what can you do LOL. The next book is really exciting though I think you'll like it.

Spoiler Alert --- don't read the below statment if you don't want to know if they are bro and sis or not!

Well, since you really want to know I'll tell you that in the third book they find out there not brother and sister. I hope this helps!

Message Edited by carmen22 on 05-08-2009 10:52 AM
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

carmen22 wrote:

I, too, thought that that part was a little much and didn't really care for it for my Daughter and me but what can you do LOL. The next book is really exciting though I think you'll like it.

Spoiler Alert --- don't read the below statment if you don't want to know if they are bro and sis or not!

Well, since you really want to know I'll tell you that in the third book they find out there not brother and sister. I hope this helps!

Message Edited by carmen22 on 05-08-2009 10:52 AM

Thank you so much. Ppl on Yahoo Answers kept saying to hang in till the end of the books and that I wouldn’t be disappointed. Even though they didn’t flat out say that they weren’t bro and sis, I figured as much and I feel much better about the books now. I really had decided to not continue the series and was ticked that I had spent good money on a book that ended like that. Now, I don’t feel as bad. Thanks again! The mystery is still there for me too cuz I don’t know how they find out they aren’t related and who belongs to Valentine and who doesn’t. I have my guesses, but clearly Cassandra likes to through curve balls lol.

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Your Welcome, Lindsay! Cassandra Clare really does like to throw in curve balls, I think you'll like how it all turns out.

Carmen

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
New User
skullsplitter69
0 Kudos

yes the second and third book make things so much more clear!!!!!:smileyhappy:

New User
Claribelle_Lightstern
0 Kudos

Trust me you should keep reading them!  There is so much more to come in Jace's and Clary's complicated situation. But in the end it truly is amazing! Please don't stop now! She is even in the process of writing another book. Please just finish them!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
KellyB2
0 Kudos

The Second and third books are wonderful!  She really throws a curve ball with the brother sister thing but it works out.  She manages to create a beautiful city that you dream of going to.  I loved all three books and will be sure to read them again.

Kelly
New User
pacluvr04
0 Kudos

I also read the series and was freaking out at that but honestly its worth getting to the end because it seems predicatable but its not