Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Whisperlynn

Discussion thread for Horror book and film discussion group

Hey everybody!  I co-founded the "HEEBIE JEEBIES", a horror book and film discussion group at my Barnes & Noble and we have yet to have any new members show up, so I'm taking a leap and opening a thread for discussion here on the site!  Each month we read a book and watch a related film, then meet in person (those of us in Eugene, Oregon), the fourth Wednesday evening of each month. 

You're invited to read and comment, and I've included books and films we've previously covered so you can comment on those as well!

JULY BOOK: Witch by Mary Ann Mitchell

JULY MOVIE: Black Circle Boys

AUGUST BOOK: Myth Hunters by Christopher Golden

AUGUST MOVIE: Snow White: A Tale of Terror

SEPTEMBER BOOK: Neverwhere by Neil Gaimon

SEPTEMBER MOVIE: Franklyn

OCTOBER BOOK: Fledgling by Octavia Butler

OCTOBER MOVIE: Dracula 2000

NOVEMBER BOOK: The Replacement by Brenna Yavanoff

NOVEMBER MOVIE: It's Alive

DECEMBER BOOK: The Gardener by S.A. Bodeen

DECEMBER MOVIE: Organizm

We generally choose six months or so at a time - in October/November we will open up discussion for titles to choose and get a new list together based on input and votes here on the thread.

Past Selections

(** notes my personal recommendations, mostly group favorites)

JUNE BOOK: World War Z by Max Brooks **

JUNE MOVIE: Dead Alive (also known as Braindead)

MAY BOOK: Frostbite by David Wellington **

MAY MOVIE: Ginger Snaps

APRIL BOOKS: The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells

The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey **

APRIL MOVIE: Cat People (1982)

MARCH BOOK: Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey **

MARCH MOVIE: 30 Days of Night: Dark Days

FEBRUARY BOOK: Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill **

FEBRUARY MOVIE: After.Life **

New User
HollyErvin
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion thread for Horror book and film discussion group

Sad about not being able to keep our group-I think the online discussion is brilliant, though!  Long live 'Heebie Jeebies'!!

Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

I think this is going to be great for when you have things to say burning inside you and it's still a week or so until the meeting!  Having the ongoing discussion is really exciting to me, hopefully we can initiate some new "Heebs" very soon! 

WITCH!

Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

So I was able to put together a dedicated site for discussion.  There have been quite a few views but no replies so I'm not who's interested or not, I think having a site will be easier to build discussion.  Check it out and contribute in the forums any time!

www.heebiejeebiesonline.weebly.com