Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

Green Rider by Kristen Britain: When will the 4th book come out?

First, I'm not really sure this will post how I think it's going to, but I'm hoping for the best :smileyhappy:

So the initial question is: does anyone know when the 4th book is going to be released? Even a round-a-bout date. I was a little concerned it wouldnt be published, but as the other books have been rereleased in new formats, I now have hope.

Sticking with the Green Rider books, I would love to hear the thoughts of other readers and fans. The one thing I really must say is that at the end of The High King's Tomb, I was going crazy! At the begining of the series Kristen had introduced Alton and Zachary as potental love interests and by the third book they are both out of the picture. Then, we are introduced to Zachary's cousin (cant recall his name at the moment) and I thought for sure he was the one, but then by the end of The High King's Tomb, Alton and Zachary are brought back into the picture. We are litterally left with three possible "Mr. Rights" for Karigan. I was going crazy. I cant wait to see who she ends up choosing.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: Green Rider by Kristen Britain: When will the 4th book come out?

[ Edited ]

Lindsay:

Great question, unfortunately I haven't heard anything about a new Green Rider novel coming out... I do know that last November, Tor reissued Green Rider in a special 10th anniversary edition. There is no mention of any new book at all on Kristen's website so, well, I wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry!  :smileysad:

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 12-31-2008 11:46 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Lindsay,

There is a thread on page 4 of this book club where we discussed the Green Rider series so it you want to check it out and post your thoughts on it it will come forward after you do and you might get some other response from some readers.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

Hey thanks Nelsmom! I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything on this site and I really appriciate your help. I will most certain take your advice. Thanks again -Lindsay

Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulgoatallen (interesting name :smileywink:). I most certainly wont be holding my breath lol. The cover of her last book, which I believe came out in '08 or '07, was stamped with the saying "long awaited sequel". So that could be a hint for me. Thanks any way!
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

LindsayLou wrote:
Thanks Paulgoatallen (interesting name :smileywink:). I most certainly wont be holding my breath lol. The cover of her last book, which I believe came out in '08 or '07, was stamped with the saying "long awaited sequel". So that could be a hint for me. Thanks any way!

I think Kristen is just one of those authors who takes her time with a book. I mean, some authors can crank out a book a year but I guess I'd rather have quality than quantity...

Paul  

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

reply to paulgoatallen

Oh, I completely agree with you, Paul. I'm sure you've never read the Twilight books, but Stephenie's last book, Breaking Dawn, was a huge disapointment for me. It really had that feel of being rushed. Like she had a deadline to make to keep everyone happy and because of it, the book wasnt as good as the other three. I would hate to have that happen to Kristen. Actually, when I first came across the Twilight books, I had heard that Stephenie had written the first book in 3 months! Sure, the book was really simple, but I still felt really down that I had been writing my book for years now and I'm still not finsihed. However, I've seen that all that time and extra experience has really added to my books quality. It's like you're saying-- quality cant be rushed. -Lindsay

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: reply to paulgoatallen

LindsayLou wrote:

Oh, I completely agree with you, Paul. I'm sure you've never read the Twilight books, but Stephenie's last book, Breaking Dawn, was a huge disapointment for me.

Lindsay:

I actually did read all of the Twilight saga. I liked the quartet for what they were – entertaining YA fare – but I felt the entire series got unfairly over-hyped. The writing wasn't all that great, the storyline has been done dozens of times before and I thought the pacing was disastrous. That said, I am so glad that these books have motivated millions of young adults to read – and hopefully realize that if you liked the Twilight saga, there are hundreds of other fantastic (and in my mind, better) fantasy novels and series out there...

Paul 

Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

Re: reply to paulgoatallen

Again, I agree. It frustrates me when I read comparisons between Harry Potter and Twilight. There is no comparison. J.K. Rowling has a writing skill unmatched. Stephenie can just spin a good romance. The biggest reason, I think, twilight has gotten so much hype is because of the age group it targets. This is a romance novel being read by teens and adults. Most of which have never even picked up a romance novel-- myself included. It’s like a new relationship; everything is wonderful and exciting. Also, Stephenie was smart enough to put the perfect man in her novel. Since books are based on escapisms, what better relationship to escape too then one with Edward? In fact, after seeing what kind of emotions can be stirred by a romance novel, I decided to add more romance to my own book. I don’t think it has to be the whole story, but I really think it is a very important part of one. In the Green Rider series, if you’ve never read those, romance didn’t play a huge part. Lots of action and “bad-azzness”, but only hints at romance. That’s one thing I wish had been somewhat different about those books. -Lindsay

New User
AnnaKD
0 Kudos

OF course it'll be Zachary!!! It can't not!!! King Zachary is the one she saw in the magical telescope thingie. Ahhh I LOVE king Zachary! I mean, I love Alton too. But just not so much for Karigan.

New User
mrrice

I checked with  Kristin Britains web site. 

she stated on there-

Drumroll please! I've acquired a publication date for Blackveil: April 2011. I know it sounds like a long way off, but in publishing time (which is a little like geologic time), it is not. There is all that production and marketing stuff that needs to happen between now and then. In the meantime, you can bet your booties I'll be working hard on the fifth Green Rider book! Yay!

You may already know this information,if not,I hope this helps!:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
largerthanlife
0 Kudos

yea!  I really do love the Green Rider series and always find myself pleasantly surprised to find a new one coming out.  I usually don't care for a long wait time between novels, but if the quality stays the same or even goes up i am more than willing to put in the extra wait.  Plus the long waits enable me to reread the whole series up to and including each new one, each time a new book comes out.  Kind of nice.  Can't wait....but will anyway.

"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"
New User
sjandhl
0 Kudos

I went onto Borders (sorry Barnes and Nobles) and Amazon and found that it will be out February 1, 2011!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fantasy-Science-Fiction/Three-Blockbuster-New-Penguin-Release...