Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

Re: JULY FEATURE #1: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

This is an interesting oddity. TOR categorized all of Brandon's previous books as Fantasy. But for some reason, they designated Warbreaker as Science Fiction. In fact they gave it the apparent distinction of a "SciVi Essential Books." It seems a lot like Fantasy to me. What makes this book Science Fiction?
Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: JULY FEATURE #1: Warbreaker: Prologue to Page 152

I think I have to agree with you, Nadine, on the characters.  I currently don't have a favorite simply because I really like them all. 

I do like the Merry Mercenaries, and I do feel they do know more.  Why don't the just list off who they have gone to for Lemex and what they got or did there.  I think this would help very much in her search of people of help and things to do/use.  They much rather ransack the house.  Hhhmmm, that makes me a little curious.  Could they be playing with her?  Could they be truthful?  As Denth said, "Everyone else, they work, they ask for recompense, and they are respected for it.  Not Mercenaries.  We get a bad name just for doing our jobs."

I do have to say I do love Nightblood, and his relationship with Vasher.  I would have to say they are my favorite at the moment.

I so love how Siri is adapting so well to here new atmosphere.  But, I am afraid she is becoming to comfortable, and this could bring some big problems for her.

Vivenna, so far, I am kind of disappointed in.  She was trained for the big city, and she is really having a hard time.  Maybe she is just off her rocker at the moment because her life has been turned upside down from what she was to do.  She thought she knew her porpose and then that was riped away from her.  I think she is a little lost.  I think she may be trying to find a way to get her back to where she is suppose to be also.  The God Kings wife.  Note, she does mention to Denth & Tonk that if need be she would step in for her sister with the God King.

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: JULY FEATURE #1: Warbreaker: Prologue to Page 152 - Magic Systems

It seems that So far we have a few Magic Systems in use.  There may be things to add to this list in the section we have read, please add if you wish.  But I am sure there will be things to add as we read on.

Magical Systems

1.      Returned (Gods)

Return after death, remembering nothing of previous life, to help with something

yet not done, or to save someone, or to pass on knowledge.

2.      Awakeners (Breath system)

Need 3 things to awaken

a) Breath  b) color c) a command

Can give breath away but has to give all.

Have different levels (heightening) based on # of breaths you have

Breaths increase senses based on heightening. (Heightening levels & senses at

back of the book)

3.      Royals

Hair changes color – by emotion or as willed

Brown – where they try to maintain the color at to show no emotion

Red – Anger, annoyance, blushing

Blond – joy, excitement, contentment

Bleach – fear, anxiety, concern

Hair can be forced to grow at will

4.      Nightblood ? – Vasher’s sword

5.      Lifeless – dead men brought back to life as soldiers

Kalad used his knowledge of BioChromatic Breath to create

Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: JULY FEATURE #1: Warbreaker: Prologue to Page 152 - The Returned Gods

I am very interested in the Returned Gods.  I think they are a unique look on the god aspect.  The whole section on Llarimar telling Lightsong why the gods can only save 1 life then die, and their purpose if very insightful for me. (pg 128-129)

This section really got me thinking on Lightsongs dream, that keeps repeating, and his vision of the women.  Part of me wonders if this women is the one who starts the war or ends the war.  I am not sure.  Could it be Vivenna?  I will have to look through my flags to see the part of the dream again and quote them here.  I think each time it is mentioned more details are given of it.

I have started to track the Returned Gods that are mentioned in the book.  They just for some reason remind me of the Greek Gods, I don't know why.  But the Gods that have been mentioned in the book are listed below.

Returned Gods:

1)  Lightsong the bold (he)

For Bravery – 1 of 4 Gods

Holds Lifeless commands

Colors:  Red & Gold

Not into politics

Not for war

2)  Brightvision the true (she)

Colors:  White & Green

Not into politics

3)  Blushwever the beautiful (she)

Of Honesty

Colors:  Green & Silver

Is for war

4)  Calmseer (she)

Is deceased

5)  Lifeblesser

6)  Mercystar

Nadine

Melhay wrote:

I think I have to agree with you, Nadine, on the characters.  I currently don't have a favorite simply because I really like them all. 

I do like the Merry Mercenaries, and I do feel they do know more.  Why don't the just list off who they have gone to for Lemex and what they got or did there.  I think this would help very much in her search of people of help and things to do/use.  They much rather ransack the house.  Hhhmmm, that makes me a little curious.  Could they be playing with her?  Could they be truthful?  As Denth said, "Everyone else, they work, they ask for recompense, and they are respected for it.  Not Mercenaries.  We get a bad name just for doing our jobs."

I do have to say I do love Nightblood, and his relationship with Vasher.  I would have to say they are my favorite at the moment.

I so love how Siri is adapting so well to here new atmosphere.  But, I am afraid she is becoming to comfortable, and this could bring some big problems for her.

Vivenna, so far, I am kind of disappointed in.  She was trained for the big city, and she is really having a hard time.  Maybe she is just off her rocker at the moment because her life has been turned upside down from what she was to do.  She thought she knew her porpose and then that was riped away from her.  I think she is a little lost.  I think she may be trying to find a way to get her back to where she is suppose to be also.  The God Kings wife.  Note, she does mention to Denth & Tonk that if need be she would step in for her sister with the God King.

Now that you have focused a bit on Vivenna, it reminds me of another thing that bothered me about her. The big question of "Why?" Why would she suddenly feel it is necessary to go and rescue Siri? I would think she would be relieved to be off the hook and I didn't think they were particularly close. This also seems like a possibly dangerous mission. Why would she want to take her sister's place? At this point, marrying the god-king doesn't seem to be high on anyone's favorite thing to do. Why would she defy her father? And I gather without even having a chat or fight with him over his descision. I might have thought that maybe Vivenna has her own agenda but right now she seems total inept at doing anything never mind having a plan or a scheme.

Nadine
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

It seems that So far we have a few Magic Systems in use.  There may be things to add to this list in the section we have read, please add if you wish.  But I am sure there will be things to add as we read on.

Magical Systems

1.      Returned (Gods)

Return after death, remembering nothing of previous life, to help with something

yet not done, or to save someone, or to pass on knowledge.

2.      Awakeners (Breath system)

Need 3 things to awaken

a) Breath  b) color c) a command

Can give breath away but has to give all.

Have different levels (heightening) based on # of breaths you have

Breaths increase senses based on heightening. (Heightening levels & senses at

back of the book)

3.      Royals

Hair changes color – by emotion or as willed

Brown – where they try to maintain the color at to show no emotion

Red – Anger, annoyance, blushing

Blond – joy, excitement, contentment

Bleach – fear, anxiety, concern

Hair can be forced to grow at will

4.      Nightblood ? – Vasher’s sword

5.      Lifeless – dead men brought back to life as soldiers

Kalad used his knowledge of BioChromatic Breath to create

Great Melissa! Per usual you have the knack of summarizing everything in a nice easy chart so it is simple to understand. Terrific research work! I missed the part about the hair color changes being associated with those of royal blood.

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I try to summarize for myself so if I get confused on what they can do or the limits or what is affected I have a little bit of an idea of why and what is going on.  But, thank you for the complement.:smileyhappy:

Nadine

Melhay wrote:

I am very interested in the Returned Gods.  I think they are a unique look on the god aspect.  The whole section on Llarimar telling Lightsong why the gods can only save 1 life then die, and their purpose if very insightful for me. (pg 128-129)

This section really got me thinking on Lightsongs dream, that keeps repeating, and his vision of the women.  Part of me wonders if this women is the one who starts the war or ends the war.  I am not sure.  Could it be Vivenna?  I will have to look through my flags to see the part of the dream again and quote them here.  I think each time it is mentioned more details are given of it.

I have started to track the Returned Gods that are mentioned in the book.  They just for some reason remind me of the Greek Gods, I don't know why.  But the Gods that have been mentioned in the book are listed below.

Returned Gods:

1)  Lightsong the bold (he)

For Bravery – 1 of 4 Gods

Holds Lifeless commands

Colors:  Red & Gold

Not into politics

Not for war

2)  Brightvision the true (she)

Colors:  White & Green

Not into politics

3)  Blushwever the beautiful (she)

Of Honesty

Colors:  Green & Silver

Is for war

4)  Calmseer (she)

Is deceased

5)  Lifeblesser

6)  Mercystar

Melhay wrote:

--------------------------------

And the petitioners who are candidates for this very special sacrifice of the gods seem like insignificant in the bigger political world. The gods are not expected to give their lives for a noted person or a worthy cause but to an ordinary person in need (and there has to be hundreds if not thousands of them!) and the god has only one life to sacrifice. He can't help them in any other way. It seem difficult to chose one deserving person among so many.

--------------------------------

----------------------------------

Thanks for reminding me about that as well. Yes, the dream is the most important thing so far. It tells of a coming war and, I gather, only to Lightsong. And he doesn't know what to make of it. At this point it could be Vivenna, Siri or Blushweaver. Right now I might be inclined to think it might be Blushweaver. She seems to be the only one, so far, with any political thoughts. It isn't Siri's thing and Vivenna is just trying to adjust to life in the big city.

Bibliophile
Melhay

There was another section here that really caught my attention, and I am sure it caught many of your also.

Pg 119

"Do...things go well with the God King, then?" Bluefingers asked suddenly.

Siri frowned.

"I can see that you're tired a lot of the time," Bluefingers said. "I...guess that means you are very...active at night."

"That's good, right? Everyone wants an heir as soon as possible."

"Yes, of couse," Bluefingers said, wringing his hands. "It's just that..." He trailed off, then glanced at her, meeting her eyes. "You just might want to be careful, Vessel. Keep your wits about you. Try to stay alert."

Her hair bleached the rest of the way white. "You make it sound as if I'm in danger," she said softly.

"What? Danger?" Bluefingers said, glancing to the side. "Nonsense. What would you have to fear? I was simply suggesting that you remain alert, should the God King have needs you should fulfill. Ah, see, now it's time. Enjoy your evening, Vessel."

With that, he pushed open the door, placed a hand on her back, and guided her into the room. At the last moment, he moved his head up next to hers. "You should watch yourself, child," he whispered. "Not all here in the palace is as it seems."

Siri frowned, turning, but Bluefingers plastered on a false smile and pushed the door shut.

Okay what is Bluefingers getting at here?  There is so many body signs in this section it is not funny.  I have put the body signs in italics.  Not only does the body language stand out but so does what he says and the way he himhaws and stutters.

I had thought that this warning could have been a product of Siri's discussion with Treledees on page 115-116 on making an exception to let her leave the palace.

But, part of me wonders on Bluefingers.  Has someone got to him?  Maybe Vasher????  Remember Vasher met with the priest Bedid to get info. (page 60-64)  When Bebid told Vasher he could not get him the information he requested Vasher wanted someone who could get it for him...on politics...Bebid gave Vasher Bluefingers name.  Vasher wants to contact the ones who are pushing for the war with Idris.  Even though Bebid says Bluefingers would be hard to break Vasher leaves hint that he has ways to get what he needs.

Also remember, Vasher mentions on page 58 that Siri showing up could complicate things.  What things?  What plans does Vasher have?  Would he try to protect Siri since she is an "innocent"?  He mentions on page 58 "She'll be used, Vasher thought.  I doubt we'll be able to get through this without dealing with her."  Get through what?

I am starting to see a possible connection here...

Nadine
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

There was another section here that really caught my attention, and I am sure it caught many of your also.

Pg 119

"Do...things go well with the God King, then?" Bluefingers asked suddenly.

Siri frowned.

"I can see that you're tired a lot of the time," Bluefingers said. "I...guess that means you are very...active at night."

"That's good, right? Everyone wants an heir as soon as possible."

"Yes, of couse," Bluefingers said, wringing his hands. "It's just that..." He trailed off, then glanced at her, meeting her eyes. "You just might want to be careful, Vessel. Keep your wits about you. Try to stay alert."

Her hair bleached the rest of the way white. "You make it sound as if I'm in danger," she said softly.

"What? Danger?" Bluefingers said, glancing to the side. "Nonsense. What would you have to fear? I was simply suggesting that you remain alert, should the God King have needs you should fulfill. Ah, see, now it's time. Enjoy your evening, Vessel."

With that, he pushed open the door, placed a hand on her back, and guided her into the room. At the last moment, he moved his head up next to hers. "You should watch yourself, child," he whispered. "Not all here in the palace is as it seems."

Siri frowned, turning, but Bluefingers plastered on a false smile and pushed the door shut.

Okay what is Bluefingers getting at here?  There is so many body signs in this section it is not funny.  I have put the body signs in italics.  Not only does the body language stand out but so does what he says and the way he himhaws and stutters.

I had thought that this warning could have been a product of Siri's discussion with Treledees on page 115-116 on making an exception to let her leave the palace.

But, part of me wonders on Bluefingers.  Has someone got to him?  Maybe Vasher????  Remember Vasher met with the priest Bedid to get info. (page 60-64)  When Bebid told Vasher he could not get him the information he requested Vasher wanted someone who could get it for him...on politics...Bebid gave Vasher Bluefingers name.  Vasher wants to contact the ones who are pushing for the war with Idris.  Even though Bebid says Bluefingers would be hard to break Vasher leaves hint that he has ways to get what he needs.

Also remember, Vasher mentions on page 58 that Siri showing up could complicate things.  What things?  What plans does Vasher have?  Would he try to protect Siri since she is an "innocent"?  He mentions on page 58 "She'll be used, Vasher thought.  I doubt we'll be able to get through this without dealing with her."  Get through what?

I am starting to see a possible connection here...

I think Vasher, and possibly Bluefinger, will have major parts to play in this story. I don't think we know enough at this point to pull anything together and certainly have no idea of what plot "problem situation" is going to be. Right now we only have a rescue mission and hints that there may be more significant brewing in the story.

Bibliophile
Melhay

Melhay wrote: 

----------------------------------

Nadine wrote: 

Thanks for reminding me about that as well. Yes, the dream is the most important thing so far. It tells of a coming war and, I gather, only to Lightsong. And he doesn't know what to make of it. At this point it could be Vivenna, Siri or Blushweaver. Right now I might be inclined to think it might be Blushweaver. She seems to be the only one, so far, with any political thoughts. It isn't Siri's thing and Vivenna is just trying to adjust to life in the big city.

I don't think the woman Lightsong sees is Blushweaver or any of the gods he sees.  He seems to not recognize this woman.  If it was Blushweaver he wouldn't have turned her down at the fireworks.  He thinks this woman is from his prior life, his wife.

I have copied the writings so far on this mysterious woman we have.  Its not much but here it is.

Lightsongs visions of a women 

Pg 52

“Did I have a wife?  Before I died, I mean.”

Llarimar hesitated.  “You know I cannot speak of your life before your Return, Lightsong.  Knowledge of your past won’t do anyone any good.”

Lightsong leaned his head back, resting it against the wall, looking up at the white ceiling.  “I…remember a face, sometimes,” he said softly.  “A beautiful, youthful face.  I think it might have been her.”

The priests hushed.

“Inviting brown hair,” Lightsong said.  “Red lips, three shades shy of the seventh harmonic, with a deep beauty.  Dark tan skin.”

Pg 85-86

Blushweaver lounged on her couch, supple, inviting.  Lightsong opened his mouth, but in his mind, he saw…her.  The woman of his vision, the one from his dreams, the face he’d mentioned to Llarimar.  Who was she?

Probably nothing.  A flash from his former life, or perhaps simply an image crafted by his subconscious.  Maybe even, as the priest claimed, some kind of prophetic symbol.  That face shouldn’t give him pause.  Not when confronted with perfection.

Nadine

You know what I find amazing about this first part is that it covers 152 pages and nothing really happens to advance the plot of the story. Yet somehow I found it compelling and didn't even notice its length as I was reading. Many books lose their readers if they don't get some where in 50 pages! This says a lot about Brandon as a storyteller and how he can hold his reader's interest on his own terms rather than having to satisfy the reader or lose him. Except for the Prologue, there has been no grabber. Sure we have been given a few vague hints of the fact that something bigger is coming. But that is all. A great piece of writing.
Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: JULY FEATURE #1: Warbreaker: Prologue to Page 152 - Lightsongs Dream

I have pulled all the mentions so far of Lightsongs Dream.  I also noticed in doing this that with the exception of the first mention, since he just woke up, the smell of the ocean and wind where he lives brings this thought on to him.  And actually he was concerned with his dream before he had his breakdown during the petitions.  I think this dream is what he saw as the future when he died and this is what he has come back to share with the people and maybe save them.  Or even save the woman that he sees in his dreams with the one Breath he can give, then causing him to die.  (You know maybe the woman is Jewels, Denths' & Tonks' other partner we haven't met yet.)

But here are the pages and the quotes from the book for the dream.

Lightsongs Dream 

Pg 45

Lightsong closed his eyes, trying to focus.  “I…was walking along a beach, he said. “And a ship was leaving without me.  I don’t know where it was going.”

Llarimar’s pen began to scratch quickly.  He was probably finding all kinds of symbolism in the memory.  “Were there any colors?” the priest asked.

“The ship had a red sail,” Lightsong said.  “The sand was brown, of course, and the trees green.  For some reason, I think the ocean water was red, like the ship.”

Pg 64-65

He leaned back, trying to decide what the Idrians were signaling by sending the wrong princess.  Two potted palms waved in the wind, and Lightsong was distracted by the scent of salt on the incoming sea breeze.  I wonder if I sailed that sea once, he thought.  A man of the ocean?  Is that how I died?  Is that why I dreamed of a ship?

He could only vaguely remember that dream now.  A red sea…

Fire.  Death, killing, and battle.  He was shocked as he suddenly remembered his dream in starker, more vivid detail.  The sea had been red as it reflected the magnificent city of T’Telir, engulfed in flames.  He could almost hear people crying out in pain, he could nearly hear…what?  Soldiers marching and fighting in the streets?

Lightsong shook his head, trying to dispel the phantom memories.  The ship he’d seen in his dream had been burning too, he now remembered.  It didn’t have to mean anything; everyone had nightmares.  But it made him uncomfortable to know that his nightmares were seen as prophetic omens.

Pg 87

Lightsong turned his cup around in his fingers.  He knew that Blushweaver’s priests were among those who called most strongly for war in the Court Assembly.  He hadn’t forgotten his phantom nightmare from earlier, the vision of T’Telir on fire.  That image refused to fade from his mind.  He never said anything for or against the idea of war.  He just didn’t want to be involved.

Pg 123-124

He’d dreamed of war again last night.  Llarimar had found that particularly meaningful.  Lightsong was just disturbed.  Everyone said that if war did come, Hallandren would easily win.  But if that were the case, then why did he always dream of T’Telir burning?  Not some distant Idrian city, but his own home.

Pg 130 – This seems to be where Lightsong thinks his dream may be of significance, something he may have seen before he Returned and needs to share.

If what Llarimar said was true, then there was something important about the things Lightsong saw.  Those visions of war, and the terrible sense of foreboding.  For reasons he couldn’t explain, it felt to him like his people were barely headfirst down a mountain slope, completely ignorant of a bottomless chasm hidden in the cleft of the lands before them.

Bibliophile
Melhay

Nadine wrote:
 You know what I find amazing about this first part is that it covers 152 pages and nothing really happens to advance the plot of the story. Yet somehow I found it compelling and didn't even notice its length as I was reading. Many books lose their readers if they don't get some where in 50 pages! This says a lot about Brandon as a storyteller and how he can hold his reader's interest on his own terms rather than having to satisfy the reader or lose him. Except for the Prologue, there has been no grabber. Sure we have been given a few vague hints of the fact that something bigger is coming. But that is all. A great piece of writing.

This is soooo true.  He gives us all the set up of the world here and gets you familiar with the characters.  Yet, there are the subtle hints that something is coming.  These let you start to speculate on what may be coming, as I have been doing and loving it if I might add.  You can start to see there could be relationships and connections between people yet you don't always catch it.  It is all there you just have to open your mind and have fun with it.  He is very good at giving you just enough to keep you going yet pounding you with the details you need to understand the world he is creating.

paulgoatallen

[ Edited ]

Nadine wrote:
This is an interesting oddity. TOR categorized all of Brandon's previous books as Fantasy. But for some reason, they designated Warbreaker as Science Fiction. In fact they gave it the apparent distinction of a "SciVi Essential Books." It seems a lot like Fantasy to me. What makes this book Science Fiction?

Nadine:

The "SciFi Essential Book" doesn't mean it's science fiction – it's a program launched jointly back in 2005 or '06 by Tor Books and the SciFi Channel to give one exceptional Tor release per month a little added "buzz." Here's an old news article about it – tor-and-sci-fi-teamfor-new-book-promotion.  

I actually look for this stamp on new releases because they're generally the best release that Tor has for that specific month.... 

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 06-30-2009 11:10 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh guys, I had this whole big thing typed out and I lost it and I don't have time to retype it tonight but I will try again tomorrow! Oh I'm so mad right now it was a lot of stuff that I may not be able to think of twice, darn!!! I will try though tomorrow!
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

carmen22 wrote:
Oh my gosh guys, I had this whole big thing typed out and I lost it and I don't have time to retype it tonight but I will try again tomorrow! Oh I'm so mad right now it was a lot of stuff that I may not be able to think of twice, darn!!! I will try though tomorrow!

I hate when this happens.  It has happened to me at times to and I just know I can not do it again.  Not with the thought process that I was on.  Once I write it, it is like gone from my head now that it is in writing and I could go back to it when I want to.

I have started, if I have a long post, writing it then typing it faster or typing it in word and coping it into the post.  The only thing with pasting in your post is the spacing is off sometimes.  (That is why the one thread earlier is a little off on the spaces and lines.)

It does help with the lossing of posts and then you have it typed somewhere else also to redo it.

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Nadine:

The "SciFi Essential Book" doesn't mean it's science fiction – it's a program launched jointly back in 2005 or '06 by Tor Books and the SciFi Channel to give one exceptional Tor release per month a little added "buzz." Here's an old news article about it – tor-and-sci-fi-teamfor-new-book-promotion.  

I actually look for this stamp on new releases because they're generally the best release that Tor has for that specific month.... 

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 06-30-2009 11:10 PM

Thanks Paul.  I knew it had a connection with Sci Fi channel but I didn't know exactly what it was.  This is rather cool information.  I will have to keep this in mind when looking at books, if I ever have to find a book on my own that I haven't heard here (although with a list as long as mine it may be quite a will).

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

carmen22 wrote:

I hate when this happens.  It has happened to me at times to and I just know I can not do it again.  Not with the thought process that I was on.  Once I write it, it is like gone from my head now that it is in writing and I could go back to it when I want to.

I have started, if I have a long post, writing it then typing it faster or typing it in word and coping it into the post.  The only thing with pasting in your post is the spacing is off sometimes.  (That is why the one thread earlier is a little off on the spaces and lines.)

It does help with the lossing of posts and then you have it typed somewhere else also to redo it.

I'm on right now trying to remember what all I wrote and seriously I'm having a total brain freeze! What I wrote yesterday was soooo good and now it's all lost, Ugh! I hope I can at least remember half of it, but right now I'm having no luck maybe because I'm thinking too hard or concentrating too hard but either way it stinks!
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Carmen22 wrote:

I'm on right now trying to remember what all I wrote and seriously I'm having a total brain freeze! What I wrote yesterday was soooo good and now it's all lost, Ugh! I hope I can at least remember half of it, but right now I'm having no luck maybe because I'm thinking too hard or concentrating too hard but either way it stinks!

I sssooooo know.  I have done this a few times and just kept banging my head on the desk.  I tried looking through the book at what lines help me in my thinking process and reread them to see if it would spark any thoughts.  Of course, the second time never was as good as the first one.  I end up forgetting something then haveing to add later to the post.  By posting with another post in it.  So I have learned my lesson and now type imporant ideas in word first and copy over.