Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎01-12-2009

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?

[ Edited ]

 

  I still say Vin but all of them being Heroes has been in the back of my mind as well and definitely could be a possibility and one we have all discussed and gravitated to at one point, the Hero being a force and not necessarily one person!

 

Here's my guess from the Mistborn two thread where I talked about it could possibly be all of them and also maybe finding a key element ( Ruin's Body?) in Terris!

 

carmen22
Scribe
Posts: 607
Registered: 01-12-2009


carmen22

Reply 140 of 262

Viewed 339 times


 Me, I'm not sure, but since one clue we have says it will be a "Force" maybe it will be all of them? But if I had to pick one person I think I would have to say Sazed. It just seems to me that since all this started with the Terris people and the "Well" was actually there at one point, either it will be a Terris person or they are going to have to find what they need in Terris. That's what I'm thinking anyway. What about you guys

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 07:16 PM
_______________________
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎10-30-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


carmen22 wrote:

 

  I still say Vin but all of them being Heroes has been in the back of my mind as well and definitely could be a possibility and one we have all discussed and gravitated to at one point, the Hero being a force and not necessarily one person!

 

Here's my guess from the Mistborn two thread where I talked about it could possibly be all of them and also maybe finding a key element ( Ruin's Body?) in Terris!

 

carmen22
Scribe
Posts: 607
Registered: 01-12-2009


carmen22

Reply 140 of 262

Viewed 339 times


 Me, I'm not sure, but since one clue we have says it will be a "Force" maybe it will be all of them? But if I had to pick one person I think I would have to say Sazed. It just seems to me that since all this started with the Terris people and the "Well" was actually there at one point, either it will be a Terris person or they are going to have to find what they need in Terris. That's what I'm thinking anyway. What about you guys

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 07:16 PM

Ah, you start me thinking again. But no I have to take a stand somewhere. Do you have a totally off the wall and unexpected long shot?

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎01-12-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?

[ Edited ]

Nadine wrote:

Ah, you start me thinking again. But no I have to take a stand somewhere. Do you have a totally off the wall and unexpected long shot?


Allrianne and or Breeze would have to be off the wall characters that if it was them it would be more than a shocker, eh?

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 08:35 PM
_______________________
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎10-30-2006

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


carmen22 wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Ah, you start me thinking again. But no I have to take a stand somewhere. Do you have a totally off the wall and unexpected long shot?


Allrianne and or Breeze would have to be off the wall characters that if it was them it would be more than a shocker, eh?

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 08:35 PM

Good choices. I still figure Allrianne has to be a big surprise somewhere. She couldn't be just a decorative partner for Breeze.

 

Anyone else out there want to commit to a Best Guess and a totally off-the-wall, unexpected long shot?

Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?

Of course I always have tons of notes to go through!!:smileywink:

 

I do still think we need to make a trip to Terris, we shall see what happens.  I thought there was something important there.  What a better spot to hide something then in your home town.

 

I am ready to move on with you all.  I can always ask my questions and make comments even later if they are not clear to me at the end.

 

I so want to post info on the Mists though.  What we have found out here in book 3

 

Immunity to:

     Animals

     Terrismen

     Nobility

     Koloss

     Kandra ( guessing )

 

Elends map shows the mists are circling Luthadel and closing in. 

     90% of the empire will not be able to support crops. 

     The outer most areas the mists don't even leave during the day. 

     Next winter all the land will be covered all day.

 

If the mists favor you it swirls around you.

If the mists are hostile to you it pulls away from you.

     Some feel peace, others feel hatred - All based on how one responds to Ruins touch.

 

Vin find the night mists alien, and hates them.  Elend finds them comforting.

 

Vin noticed other things on the mists.

     When using Allomancy the mists pull away from her slightly.

     When burned away in sunlight the mists withdrawal like a person fleeing for safety.

     The mists don't appear indoors, even in tents, as if they know they are unwelcome.

 

Vin feels the mists, a sense that had grown more potent on the day she touched the Well.

 

Now the part on the numbers for the people affected by the mists:

     16% get sick

     1/6 of sick stayed sick for 16 days (to the hour)

     It does not matter how old or where these people lived.  However, the deaths did respond to age and health.

 

16 is the number of months the Survivor was in the Pits.

16 was how old Vin was when see became a Mistborn.

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?

With the mists surrounding Luthadel, it does make you wonder if the body is there.  Though you would think that Ruin could have sensed it.  Maybe it is protected in something....

 

It seems to me that Ruin has taken advantage of the religion of the Survivor to help with his chaos, (which I feel he needs to get stronger and kill Preservation.).  He seems to use the people to kill or corrupt everyone (or try to).

    In Orteau he used Quellion to kill others by the name of The Survivor and take control of others by way of Quellion.  Ruin even tried the same with Spook.

   Then the soldiers.  By the way of the mists making sick or killing 16% and keeping some sick 16 days longer separating the people based on faith in the Survivor.

 

What is up with 16???

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


Nadine wrote:

carmen22 wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Ah, you start me thinking again. But no I have to take a stand somewhere. Do you have a totally off the wall and unexpected long shot?


Allrianne and or Breeze would have to be off the wall characters that if it was them it would be more than a shocker, eh?

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 08:35 PM

Good choices. I still figure Allrianne has to be a big surprise somewhere. She couldn't be just a decorative partner for Breeze.

 

Anyone else out there want to commit to a Best Guess and a totally off-the-wall, unexpected long shot?


 

Okay, off the wall long shot?  What about Demoux?  He has been there since the beginning but not a big part to play.  He will be right in the middle of things in Luthadel because Elend sent him back there.

 

Things that make you go Hmmmm...

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎10-30-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


Melhay wrote:

Nadine wrote:

carmen22 wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Ah, you start me thinking again. But no I have to take a stand somewhere. Do you have a totally off the wall and unexpected long shot?


Allrianne and or Breeze would have to be off the wall characters that if it was them it would be more than a shocker, eh?

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 08:35 PM

Good choices. I still figure Allrianne has to be a big surprise somewhere. She couldn't be just a decorative partner for Breeze.

 

Anyone else out there want to commit to a Best Guess and a totally off-the-wall, unexpected long shot?


 

Okay, off the wall long shot?  What about Demoux?  He has been there since the beginning but not a big part to play.  He will be right in the middle of things in Luthadel because Elend sent him back there.

 

Things that make you go Hmmmm...


i understand what you mean by Things that make you go Hmmmm...Every time you guys make a guess, I find myself thinking about it -- could be!

 

Is this still your first guess?

 

Melhay
Distinguished Wordsmith
Posts: 550
Registered: 12-11-2008


Melhay

Reply 4 of 67

Viewed 200 times


My guess for the moment is Vin, no Sazed, no Vin, no Sazed.  Oh... okay... I am kind of divided.:smileysad:  I just can't decide.

 

I feel that Vin is the one that is writing the bumps in this book.  The information that is showing up there also shows up in the book being or going to be told to Vin.  Yet, I know she is not a writer or reader so this is what leads me to think Sazed.  I keep bouncing back and forth between the two with this book and thinking back on the points that were made in the prior books.

 

Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?

[ Edited ]

Nadine wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Nadine wrote:

carmen22 wrote:

Nadine wrote:

Ah, you start me thinking again. But no I have to take a stand somewhere. Do you have a totally off the wall and unexpected long shot?


Allrianne and or Breeze would have to be off the wall characters that if it was them it would be more than a shocker, eh?

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-02-2009 08:35 PM

Good choices. I still figure Allrianne has to be a big surprise somewhere. She couldn't be just a decorative partner for Breeze.

 

Anyone else out there want to commit to a Best Guess and a totally off-the-wall, unexpected long shot?


 

Okay, off the wall long shot?  What about Demoux?  He has been there since the beginning but not a big part to play.  He will be right in the middle of things in Luthadel because Elend sent him back there.

 

Things that make you go Hmmmm...


i understand what you mean by Things that make you go Hmmmm...Every time you guys make a guess, I find myself thinking about it -- could be!

 

Is this still your first guess?

 

Melhay
Distinguished Wordsmith
Posts: 550
Registered: 12-11-2008


Melhay

Reply 4 of 67

Viewed 200 times


My guess for the moment is Vin, no Sazed, no Vin, no Sazed.  Oh... okay... I am kind of divided.:smileysad:  I just can't decide.

 

I feel that Vin is the one that is writing the bumps in this book.  The information that is showing up there also shows up in the book being or going to be told to Vin.  Yet, I know she is not a writer or reader so this is what leads me to think Sazed.  I keep bouncing back and forth between the two with this book and thinking back on the points that were made in the prior books.

 


 

Yes, I think I will stick with Vin.  Even though she couldn't have gotten where she is with out every one else I think she is the one that everyone will see/think as "The Hero of Ages".  I had thought her in the first book and even though I do seem to teeter a little to Sazed, and everyone makes such compelling arguements for the others, I will stick with my gut - Vin.
Message Edited by Melhay on 06-02-2009 10:23 PM
_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎10-30-2006

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Mists


Melhay wrote:

Of course I always have tons of notes to go through!!:smileywink:

 

I do still think we need to make a trip to Terris, we shall see what happens.  I thought there was something important there.  What a better spot to hide something then in your home town.

 

I am ready to move on with you all.  I can always ask my questions and make comments even later if they are not clear to me at the end.

 

I so want to post info on the Mists though.  What we have found out here in book 3

 

Immunity to:

     Animals

     Terrismen

     Nobility

     Koloss

     Kandra ( guessing )

 

Elends map shows the mists are circling Luthadel and closing in. 

     90% of the empire will not be able to support crops. 

     The outer most areas the mists don't even leave during the day. 

     Next winter all the land will be covered all day.

 

If the mists favor you it swirls around you.

If the mists are hostile to you it pulls away from you.

     Some feel peace, others feel hatred - All based on how one responds to Ruins touch.

 

Vin find the night mists alien, and hates them.  Elend finds them comforting.

 

Vin noticed other things on the mists.

     When using Allomancy the mists pull away from her slightly.

     When burned away in sunlight the mists withdrawal like a person fleeing for safety.

     The mists don't appear indoors, even in tents, as if they know they are unwelcome.

 

Vin feels the mists, a sense that had grown more potent on the day she touched the Well.

 

Now the part on the numbers for the people affected by the mists:

     16% get sick

     1/6 of sick stayed sick for 16 days (to the hour)

     It does not matter how old or where these people lived.  However, the deaths did respond to age and health.

 

16 is the number of months the Survivor was in the Pits.

16 was how old Vin was when see became a Mistborn.


Yes, I think the Mists are something we should talk about. We can do this as we read on. It is going to take me several days to get to the end. The Mists seem almost sentient. They were Vin's friend and helped her defeat Lord Ruler witha quick "injection" of metal. But maybe that wasn't a good thing. I'm not sure now if Lord Ruler should have been defeated -- at least not killed, which in retrospect was not really necessary. He was defeated. Oh no! I will have to go back and look at those final chapters of Mistborn #1. Lord Ruler warned them that he was was critical in holding the world together yet Vin did it anyway.

 

I too have been bewildered by the number 16 and can't think of a lot of logic to it. Sometimes in numerology the primary number is not the actual number. Often it has to be reduced to a single digit. In the case of 16 that would be 7 (1+6) but that doesn't mean anything to me either. 

 

 

Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Mists


Nadine wrote:

Yes, I think the Mists are something we should talk about. We can do this as we read on. It is going to take me several days to get to the end. The Mists seem almost sentient. They were Vin's friend and helped her defeat Lord Ruler witha quick "injection" of metal. But maybe that wasn't a good thing. I'm not sure now if Lord Ruler should have been defeated -- at least not killed, which in retrospect was not really necessary. He was defeated. Oh no! I will have to go back and look at those final chapters of Mistborn #1. Lord Ruler warned them that he was was critical in holding the world together yet Vin did it anyway.

 

I too have been bewildered by the number 16 and can't think of a lot of logic to it. Sometimes in numerology the primary number is not the actual number. Often it has to be reduced to a single digit. In the case of 16 that would be 7 (1+6) but that doesn't mean anything to me either. 

 

 


I have been doing the same thing with the number 16.  I can't seem to get a combination to work with it.  How many where in the original crew with Kelsier?  How many were in the crew with the Lord Ruler?  Now I am making myself over think again.

 

I do still wonder if the mists have something to do with how much or little metal is in the body.

 

Demoux was affected by the mists, and seriously affected as being one of the extended sick.  I had thought he was exposed to the mists prior.  Was he not out in the mists when they were killing at the end of Book 1 when Vin killed the Lord Ruler?

 

I had thought that the mists may also have something to do with Allomancy, Ferchemy, and Hemalurgy.  The Ferchemy people seem to not be affected by the mists.  Hemalurgy seems to mot be affected by the mists, koloss, kandra, and inquisitors.  Allomancy seems to repel the mists.  So it must really have something to do with Ruin and Hermalurgy? 

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages

Got to go tonight.  I hope all have a nice evening.

 

I look forward to moving on to poor Spook here tomorrow.  It will probably take me till the weekend to finish the book. (although I may have to sneak to read at work if it gets to interesting.)

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎01-12-2009

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?

[ Edited ]

Melhay wrote:

 

Yes, I think I will stick with Vin.  Even though she couldn't have gotten where she is with out every one else

Yes, this is a good argument Vin couldn't have gotten where she is without the help of the others. I feel this same way and even more so after I read the first "bump" of Trust.

 

If you have not read the first "bump" of Trust don't read below! It's not that big of a spoiler but I just wanted to forewarn just in case.

 

 It seems Brandon also feels that Everyone, no matter how small of a part they have, have there part to play in defeating Ruin. I was reading the first "bump" and it's talking about Human and it says "Of course, there was another part for him to play. Granted, not large, but still important, all things considered."

 

  What a sentence, Beautiful! Not large, but still important, you could say the same about all the crew maybe even Alliranne she did make her father return his army to Elends command.

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-03-2009 08:17 AM
_______________________
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎01-12-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


Melhay wrote:

Of course I always have tons of notes to go through!!:smileywink:

 

I do still think we need to make a trip to Terris, we shall see what happens.  I thought there was something important there.  What a better spot to hide something then in your home town.

 

I am ready to move on with you all.  I can always ask my questions and make comments even later if they are not clear to me at the end.

 

I so want to post info on the Mists though.  What we have found out here in book 3

 

Immunity to:

     Animals

     Terrismen

     Nobility

     Koloss

     Kandra ( guessing )

 

Elends map shows the mists are circling Luthadel and closing in. 

     90% of the empire will not be able to support crops. 

     The outer most areas the mists don't even leave during the day. 

     Next winter all the land will be covered all day.

 

If the mists favor you it swirls around you.

If the mists are hostile to you it pulls away from you.

     Some feel peace, others feel hatred - All based on how one responds to Ruins touch.

 

Vin find the night mists alien, and hates them.  Elend finds them comforting.

 

Vin noticed other things on the mists.

     When using Allomancy the mists pull away from her slightly.

     When burned away in sunlight the mists withdrawal like a person fleeing for safety.

     The mists don't appear indoors, even in tents, as if they know they are unwelcome.

 

Vin feels the mists, a sense that had grown more potent on the day she touched the Well.

 

Now the part on the numbers for the people affected by the mists:

     16% get sick

     1/6 of sick stayed sick for 16 days (to the hour)

     It does not matter how old or where these people lived.  However, the deaths did respond to age and health.

 

16 is the number of months the Survivor was in the Pits.

16 was how old Vin was when see became a Mistborn.


 

 

Yes, the mists are a pivotal point to all this it seems, but what it all means I have yet to figure out. Great notes, by the way....WOW!
_______________________
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


carmen22 wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Of course I always have tons of notes to go through!!:smileywink:

 

I do still think we need to make a trip to Terris, we shall see what happens.  I thought there was something important there.  What a better spot to hide something then in your home town.

 

I am ready to move on with you all.  I can always ask my questions and make comments even later if they are not clear to me at the end.

 

I so want to post info on the Mists though.  What we have found out here in book 3

 

Immunity to:

     Animals

     Terrismen

     Nobility

     Koloss

     Kandra ( guessing )

 

Elends map shows the mists are circling Luthadel and closing in. 

     90% of the empire will not be able to support crops. 

     The outer most areas the mists don't even leave during the day. 

     Next winter all the land will be covered all day.

 

If the mists favor you it swirls around you.

If the mists are hostile to you it pulls away from you.

     Some feel peace, others feel hatred - All based on how one responds to Ruins touch.

 

Vin find the night mists alien, and hates them.  Elend finds them comforting.

 

Vin noticed other things on the mists.

     When using Allomancy the mists pull away from her slightly.

     When burned away in sunlight the mists withdrawal like a person fleeing for safety.

     The mists don't appear indoors, even in tents, as if they know they are unwelcome.

 

Vin feels the mists, a sense that had grown more potent on the day she touched the Well.

 

Now the part on the numbers for the people affected by the mists:

     16% get sick

     1/6 of sick stayed sick for 16 days (to the hour)

     It does not matter how old or where these people lived.  However, the deaths did respond to age and health.

 

16 is the number of months the Survivor was in the Pits.

16 was how old Vin was when see became a Mistborn.


 

 

Yes, the mists are a pivotal point to all this it seems, but what it all means I have yet to figure out. Great notes, by the way....WOW!

 

Thanks.

 

Ya, right now I haven't a clue as to what it is to mean, or point towards.  I wrote it all down in hopes of seeing something in it.  Maybe I am missing something?  I was hoping you all would see something I was missing.

 

You know when we get done with this we are going to say, "Oh my... Why didn't we see that!" or "We knew that!!"  I just have that feeling.

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


carmen22 wrote:

Melhay wrote:

 

Yes, I think I will stick with Vin.  Even though she couldn't have gotten where she is with out every one else

Yes, this is a good argument Vin couldn't have gotten where she is without the help of the others. I feel this same way and even more so after I read the first "bump" of Trust.

 

If you have not read the first "bump" of Trust don't read below! It's not that big of a spoiler but I just wanted to forewarn just in case.

 

 It seems Brandon also feels that Everyone, no matter how small of a part they have, have there part to play in defeating Ruin. I was reading the first "bump" and it's talking about Human and it says "Of course, there was another part for him to play. Granted, not large, but still important, all things considered."

 

  What a sentence, Beautiful! Not large, but still important, you could say the same about all the crew maybe even Alliranne she did make her father return his army to Elends command.

Message Edited by carmen22 on 06-03-2009 08:17 AM

 

I read this bump this morning eating my breakfast, and I thought that was just a wonderful way to start back in after our discussions.  I agree that one line could apply to all the characters, but when I read this I really got excited again wondering what more information Human is going to bring.  I sometimes wonder what "people" made Human, to make him actually kind of stronger than the other Koloss.  Stronger I mean in his discussions with Vin.  You get that the koloss don't share much information, either because they don't have the ability to communicate it well or don't want to.  His human half seems to be stronger than most.  Do you think?
_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎01-12-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages - Moving on?


Melhay wrote:

 

I read this bump this morning eating my breakfast, and I thought that was just a wonderful way to start back in after our discussions.  I agree that one line could apply to all the characters, but when I read this I really got excited again wondering what more information Human is going to bring.  I sometimes wonder what "people" made Human, to make him actually kind of stronger than the other Koloss.  Stronger I mean in his discussions with Vin.  You get that the koloss don't share much information, either because they don't have the ability to communicate it well or don't want to.  His human half seems to be stronger than most.  Do you think?


 

  Yes, it seems that maybe his human self is a little stronger than the others. For instance, when he wanted to stay in the human section because he knows he's human and for being smart enough to tell Vin his name is Human. It's kind of sad, though.

 

   I agree, it was a great way to come into part five and I'm wondering what Human is going to do. Just thinking about it I'm ready to get back to reading.

_______________________
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
Posts: 2,456
Registered: ‎10-30-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages


Melhay wrote:

Got to go tonight.  I hope all have a nice evening.

 

I look forward to moving on to poor Spook here tomorrow.  It will probably take me till the weekend to finish the book. (although I may have to sneak to read at work if it gets to interesting.)


I have rather a full day today and I hope to get started on the final part of Mistborn #3 soon. I also want to finish the Elantris triad (I'm in the middle of a Sarene chapter) first before I put Elantirs away for a few days. But I'll be there as soon as I can.

 

Whew! Out of breath!

Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages


Nadine wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Got to go tonight.  I hope all have a nice evening.

 

I look forward to moving on to poor Spook here tomorrow.  It will probably take me till the weekend to finish the book. (although I may have to sneak to read at work if it gets to interesting.)


I have rather a full day today and I hope to get started on the final part of Mistborn #3 soon. I also want to finish the Elantris triad (I'm in the middle of a Sarene chapter) first before I put Elantirs away for a few days. But I'll be there as soon as I can.

 

Whew! Out of breath!


All I have to say is WOW!!!  The information that is in this last book is just mind blowing.  I have been tied up with it for the last few hours and I plan on going through these threads quickly to get back to it.  I hope to now finish book 3 here in a few days.  I don't think I will be able to put it down until I do.  I am reading sections 2 or 3 times because of the information in them.

 

I then plan on picking back up with Elantris.  I only got to page 18 before we decided to finish The Hero of Ages.  I hope to be back to this by the weekend now.

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Mistborn #3: The Hero of Ages

In reading this last part of the book.  (I am only 66 pages into it.)  But I have a thought as to why Vin is NOT able to pull on the mists.  I will have to keep reading to see if my thoughts are correct.

 

The details in this section are unbelievable!!!

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/