Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

Re: NEW to fantasy books..NEED ideas!

Are these Discworld books all seperate stories or do you need to read them in order?
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:
Are these Discworld books all seperate stories or do you need to read them in order?

Check out the

Discworld Primer - The BIG list 

Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

Bradinator1 wrote:

Mel,

If you like Monty Python type British humor these are the best. There are at least 20 Discworld books. It's all a parody but there are some real life messages to Sir Terry's work.

Brad

Oh no! Toni, Brad, now I feel like I need these. My list is soooo long...plus 20?! Not complaining -- I need to know what I need so I don't choose time-wasting junk.

PenelopeTX
Do NOT invoke my inner Mama Bear! (Credited to me)
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!

Has anyone seen that 3 day special on tv The 10th Kingdom...It was on yeearrrs ago but still an oldie but a goodie!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:

thanks a lot!

Has anyone seen that 3 day special on tv The 10th Kingdom...It was on yeearrrs ago but still an oldie but a goodie!

Yep own it on DVD.

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

aw i need it on dvd I have vhs ::gasp:: haha

I want to get the other specialty movie Merlin also!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:

aw i need it on dvd I have vhs ::gasp:: haha

I want to get the other specialty movie Merlin also!

(chuckle) got that one too.

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

haha suuuchh a good movie!

do you recommend anymore bc I trust your taste in movies hah

Frequent Contributor
MJS74
0 Kudos

have you read JIM BUTCHER'S DRESDEN FILES,R.A. SALVATORE'S DRIZZT SERIES or RAYMOND E. FEIST WRIFTWAR SAGA
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:

Oh wow lots, where did that movie thread go? ......

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Little_Jacky wrote:

Oh wow lots, where did that movie thread go? ......

Speaking of which.

Hey Paul!

I can not find the old movie thread. I don't want to start another if you can find it (not that I mind, just trying to be tidy). I've looked 8 pages back, did it get renamed or something?

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TiggerBear wrote:

Hey Paul!

I can not find the old movie thread. I don't want to start another if you can find it (not that I mind, just trying to be tidy). I've looked 8 pages back, did it get renamed or something?

Tig:

I moved it to the top a while back because it was rcoking with posts but  it had been dead for a while so I threw it back. Should I pull it back up? Just say the word.

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 03-14-2009 09:41 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
New User
yonahdURC
0 Kudos

try cirque du freak