Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
seabright18
0 Kudos

Need a new series to read.

I just finished reading Patrick Rothfuss The Name of the Wind and a Wise Man's Fear. I also have read all of Laurell K. Hamilton the Anita Blake Series, Patricia Briggs - Mercy Thompson Series and Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse series. I am in MUCH need of another series I can dive into. Preferably one that already has Several book out already if not all the way completed. I get WAY to anxious when I can't keep reading a good series.

Any Suggestion??

Thanks a million.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Need a new series to read.

Have you considered the Comte de Saint Germain series by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro?  From ancient Rome to the twentieth century, in every age and corner of the world.  At least two dozen books so far over the last twenty years, and IMO far better than a lot of the vampire series that have come along since.

New User
annette414

A few suggestions....

Dresden Files - Jim Butcher

Night Angel Series - Brent Weeks

Temeraire - Naomi Novik

Johannes Cabal - Jonathan Howard

Black Jewels Trilogy (and more in the same world) - Anne Bishop

Black Dagger Brotherhood - JR Ward

Enjoy!

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

I would suggest Barbara Hambly

Those Who Hunt the Night  

Traveling with the Dead  

Magistrates of Hell  

Blood Maidens  

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

If you happen to be looking for a fantasy series, I loved Micheal J. Sullivan's and they are all out.  He's got a few set earlier in the world with the characters coming this year, but I'd start with the series that's out - you'll appreciate the ones to come much more.

Theft of Swords  

Rise of Empire  

Heir of Novron  

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
WONK
0 Kudos

Could you put a few more details about the type of stories you are interested in.  i.e. Do you like pure fantasy more?  Do you like to have hard science in the stories?  Do you like those that mix both?  Do you like mythology mixed in?  Do you like historical?...  Do you want to avoid classic fiction?  Do you want to avoid adult SF?...

Runo singer and curmudgeon
Sirvio's Keep
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio
Keep's Books and Tales
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio/content.html
Book reviews
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio/reviews.html
Gorden's bookshelf
www.midwestbookreview.com
Taconite Runes
http://TaconiteRunes.com
Pulp Writing
http://forums.delphiforums.com/pulpwriting/messages
Reader
seabright18
0 Kudos

I like books with witches, vampires, shape shifters, werewolves, or people with magical powers. I loved the Harry Potter Series. I like it to include a romance of some sort. I don't care for a lot of blood and guts, I want a continuing story of adventures the main character goes on or is involved with. Does that help at all? Lol.
Frequent Contributor
WONK
0 Kudos

Have you considered Allen Dean Foster's Spellsinger series?  Gordon R. Dickson is a great writer and he has a dragon series--I've not read that one but his other stories are very good.  You can't go wrong with Anne McCaffrey and Andre Norton.  These titles have a little more science than fantasy but they have the fantasy that you are looking for.  You could also try some Steampunk.  Stephen Hunt has an interesting series in that genre...

Runo singer and curmudgeon
Sirvio's Keep
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio
Keep's Books and Tales
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio/content.html
Book reviews
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio/reviews.html
Gorden's bookshelf
www.midwestbookreview.com
Taconite Runes
http://TaconiteRunes.com
Pulp Writing
http://forums.delphiforums.com/pulpwriting/messages
Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos

I would suggest The Fever Series by karen Marie Moning. I have read most of the series you mentioned and I loved the Fever series. I think she is on book 5 maybe more, I just read when they come out . I can't remember how many I have read. Great series though and I think you would like.
Reader
seabright18
0 Kudos

The Fever series was Amazing, but it has me starved for more!! Any more suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!!