Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

Need new science fiction/ fantasy book. Any Suggestions?

I've run out of books to read if u have any new books that you thought were interesting please let me know.
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
New User
Wiskers
0 Kudos

Re: Need new science fiction/ fantasy book. Any Suggestions?

I really like A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin.  It's fantasy, and there are already five books out.
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

thanks ill check that out
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
New User
quidproquo2004
0 Kudos

Read "The Scientific Varieties of Experience: A Personal View of the Search for God"  bye Carl Sagan.
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

thanks
Nee
New User
Nee
0 Kudos

I love David Weber.  His Honor Harrington series made me cry, and the Dahak series (shorter by several books) made me laugh. 
New User
hydeparkjon
0 Kudos

Lol!  I was going to suggest the Song of Ice and Fire series!!!  Awesome, just awesome.  He is coming out with the fifth book soon... so you would get to read a whole lot!  The books are all big too, like a thousand pages each.

Jonathan

New User
evol-takes-over
0 Kudos

well i'm reading a good series it's called sweep, and on waitting for a book all 17 are out already. i just finished the 4 book. one down fall is each book is really thin.

find beauty in every thing!

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

thanks to all of you next time i go to borders ill check out the song of ice and fire series
Contributor
mlpotter
0 Kudos

Rogue Angel series by Alex Archer is really good.  So far there are 13 out in the series and I have read 5 and haven't been disappointed yet.
~Myshell~

~"We have forever. I'll see you again," he answered with certainty.~
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

mlpotter wrote:
Rogue Angel series by Alex Archer is really good.  So far there are 13 out in the series and I have read 5 and haven't been disappointed yet.

Be aware Alex Archer is a group author pseudonym. Each book varries as to who wrote it.

Contributor
mlpotter
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know that.  That would explain how some of the books you see subtle differences in her personality and the way she handles things!
~Myshell~

~"We have forever. I'll see you again," he answered with certainty.~
Contributor
comicbookboy
0 Kudos

yeah i like going to borders somtimes, cuz the barnes and nobles i live near doesnt have connan comics =(
Contributor
comicbookboy
0 Kudos

COFFE'S COLD....
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

i love the iced coffee its like my favorite. Has anyone heard of allison croggon. she wrote the books of pellinor. if you guys like science fiction/ fantasy you should try them.
B&N Bookseller
Todd-M
0 Kudos

I highly recommend the George R. Martin series. Possibly the best epic fantasy series in 20 years. I also recommend the Area 51 series( cant emember the authro), and Jim Butcher's Dresden files.
Reader
cwaters63
0 Kudos

My favorite books are R.A. Salvatore's books about Drizzt Do'Urden.  Every one of the books is great.  And if you start from the beginning....you'll have books to read for a long time (unless you read them really fast like me lol).  Also I really liked Winterbirth and Bloodheir by Brian Ruckley.  It's considered epic fantasy and in my opinion it delivered.  The names can be difficult at times but otherwise it was good.  The Innocent Mage and The Awakened Mage by Karen Miller were both really good I thought.  And I just started reading Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and it's awesome.  I'd call it Dark/Urban fantasy.  It puts a new twist on the way the "supernatural community" works.  There are Light Others and Dark Others and right now there's a truce.  There's lot of action and suspence.  I havent gotten far enough but I believe there's going to be a little romance.  I have a hard time putting this book down.  I've already bought the next two books in the series as well as both movies (movies take a LOT of creative liberty).  Hope this helped.
Contributor
totalbookworm96
0 Kudos

Inkheart series.

definetely read the inkheart series. so far there are 2 books and the 3rd is coming out soon. there is inkheart, inkspell, and the third is supposed to be inkdeath. deffinetely read if u can. and if u haven't.....
Reader
MrPleshko
0 Kudos

I finished Robin Hobb's Liveship Traders trilogy a couple of weeks ago.  It was really good.  She takes her characters is some very unexpected directions, and the final resolutions of each plot line was very rewarding.

I remember picking up these books because Orson Scott Card said on his website www.hatrack.com that Hobb is one of is favorites, and he was right

Contributor
barron262
0 Kudos

Im surprised no one has mentioned the Magician books in the rift war series by Raymond Feist. Maybe there has been mention in past forums but these books are great. There are several series based in this world spanning over a couple hundred years. However there is a series based in this world I didn't like it was the Krondor series if you skipped it you would miss a thing. Currently I am reading Rage of a Demon king in the Serpent War saga.