Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

Re: Patrick Rothfuss The Name of the Wind

Raven_Lunatic wrote:

rustyw wrote:

I will definitely keep reading cause I am hooked now (if I live that long of course--2010???)

April, IIRC. Rothfuss may be deliberately delaying his books, but he's no George R.R. Martin.

Good news..sort of,  cuase of the long wait. As to the second part nobody is as bad as Martin. Worst about this I've EVER seen. Course now I don't care when he puts out the next Songs of Fire and Ice book. I've got other authors to give my money to.

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss
0 Kudos

Re: Patrick Rothfuss: The Wise Man's Fear

Regarding the used bookstore idea, my local one is small but has older science fiction and fantasy.  If someone is looking for a particular item, I would be willing to do a search.  A close friend owns the store, so I am there 2-3 times a week anyways.  :smileyhappy:

Re: the library issue, mine also has the "missing #1" problem.  However, they take good care of their regulars and have a good track record of ordering missing volumes. 

RE: to the person looking for a great series with lots of volumes, I highly recommend The ValdamarChronicles from Mercedes Lackey.  At last count there were 27 volumes available!  She also provides a user-friendly timeline , which is very necessary as it is a big world with several storylines running.  I think it took me nine months to read them, with very little breaks between them.  Yes, they are that good!:smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: Patrick Rothfuss: The Wise Man's Fear

Okay, I know this has come up in a few other threads also.  Patrick has turned in his draft for the second book to his editor.  I have attached the link to go to the post Patrick made on May 11, 2009.

http://www.patrickrothfuss.com/blog/2009/05/when-in-rome.html

This could be a great start!!

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/