Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Pip and Flinx series

I just got the last of Alan Dean Foster's Pip and Finx series today from the library and what little I have read has been very exciting.  This series has been in the works for 25 years since he wrote the first book For Love Of Mother-Not.  I am curious if anyone else hass read the series and what they think of it.  I'm going to be doing a lot of reading this weekend to see how he concludes this series.  I reread Trouble Magnet and Patrimony in just the past few days so I had a good sense of where the story is coming from.  They are not real humorous but they are light reads because the story moves along and they are fairly short books so don't take long to read.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Pip and Flinx series

Never got past the first 4 books, enjoyed them though.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Finished the book last night and it was fantastic.  Alan did a great job of wrapping up all of the loose ends and still letting Flinx find some happiness for himself.  He also left it possible to write more adventures without leaving any cliffhangers.  People if you want to read a good fun adventure Sci-fi/Fanatasy adventure this is one I think that you would enjoy.  There are 11 books in the series and each can be read alone but they do build on each other.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I am like Tig – I read them voraciously up until about 2003, 2004 and then, for whatever reason, lost interest...

I do remember enjoying them but not as much as ADF's other Commonwealth novels, especially his Founding of the Commonwealth books:

Phylogenesis 

Dirge

Diuturnity's Dawn  

These, in my opinion, are some of ADF's very best work...

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky