Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

Requiem by Ken Scholes

Ken is amazing – after promising to jump off of a high building if I revealed any plot info, he sent me the first five chapters of Requiem, the fourth book in his Psalms of Issak saga after Lamentation, Canticle and Antiphon.

WOW.

If there is anyone out there who is a fan of epic fantasy who has yet to read this series, I cannot reccomend this saga highly enough. It's arguably the best fantasy series out there right now.

And with just one book after Requiem until the saga's conclusion (tentatively titled Hymn), readers should strap themselves in because it's going to be a wild ride!

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

Re: Requiem by Ken Scholes

You must be excited about reading the first five chapters of Ken Scholes' Requiem.:smileyhappy: I'm a bit jealous.:smileytongue:

I take it that Ken's writing is going well.

Requiem is one book I'm definitely going to read ASAP.  

dalnewt
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

On second thought, I'm sorta glad I'm not being asked to read the first five chapters knowing that I don't have the entire book to read. When I read Requiem, I want to have the entire book in my hands.:smileyhappy: 

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Hey Paul,

On second thought, I'm sorta glad I'm not being asked to read the first five chapters knowing that I don't have the entire book to read. When I read Requiem, I want to have the entire book in my hands.:smileyhappy: 

Exactly, dalnewt! Awesome yes but OMG the tease is almost painful...

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
pen21

You and Ken are both teasing us. I don't think I could read 5 chapters and then just wait. I would be stalking Ken for more chapters. Ken must trust you. I am jealous. :smileywink:

This series is so good, hard to find a word to describe it good enough.   Is there a date for the release of Requiem?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I'm green Paul and the rest of us will have to wait until 2012 for the pub date :robottongue:

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

You and Ken are both teasing us. I don't think I could read 5 chapters and then just wait. I would be stalking Ken for more chapters. Ken must trust you. I am jealous. :smileywink:

This series is so good, hard to find a word to describe it good enough.   Is there a date for the release of Requiem?

Ken said he should be done with it in a few months – and I don't know how fast Tor can turn it around and get it on the shelves... I'm guessing somewhere in '12.  :smileysad:

Paul

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I have to agree with a few here.  I loved these books so much, to get just the first 5 chapters.  It would be great to have, but such a hook that I would be trying to figure out where to get the rest at. lol.  I have to say I think I would want the whole book too.  But it would be great to see where we are going. :smileywink:

So glad you are enjoying it Paul.  But this is Ken we are talking about and there is so much potential here in these books to go any which way with it and be amazing.

Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
dhaupt
0 Kudos

A little bird told me it would probably be summer of 2012 when it comes out.

paulgoatallen

dhaupt wrote:

Sure it wasn't a big bird?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Sure it wasn't a big bird?

No it was a little bird :smileyhappy:

Author
kenscholes

Howdy folks.  Thought I'd pop back in and let you know that I'm finally back to work on Requiem.  The work stoppages have been tough but the health issues have been resolved and I seem to be back and better than ever.  I'm 43,000 words in Requiem -- working on Chapter 9 now -- and anticipate having the book wrapped by Thanksgiving.  Ideally, it'll be revised and over to Tor by January.  Then, I'll take a little break and jump into Hymn, the last volume.

I'm grateful for all of the fans and readers who've kept cheerleading me from the sidelines through some of the tougher months in my life.  All the notes by email and on Facebook are great encouragements.  I'd hoped to have Requiem coming out around now back before the wheels came off.  Thanks for being so patient.  The good news is that I think I'll have the entire series wrapped by the end of 2012 -- just six years after starting it and just three years after the first book came out.  Not too shabby.

Thanks for your constant support!  And if you haven't yet, pop over to Facebook and see the Japanese covers for Lamentation part 1 and 2.  They utterly rock.  

Cheers,

Ken

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kenscholes wrote:

Howdy folks.  Thought I'd pop back in and let you know that I'm finally back to work on Requiem.  The work stoppages have been tough but the health issues have been resolved and I seem to be back and better than ever.  I'm 43,000 words in Requiem -- working on Chapter 9 now -- and anticipate having the book wrapped by Thanksgiving.  Ideally, it'll be revised and over to Tor by January.  Then, I'll take a little break and jump into Hymn, the last volume.

I'm grateful for all of the fans and readers who've kept cheerleading me from the sidelines through some of the tougher months in my life.  All the notes by email and on Facebook are great encouragements.  I'd hoped to have Requiem coming out around now back before the wheels came off.  Thanks for being so patient.  The good news is that I think I'll have the entire series wrapped by the end of 2012 -- just six years after starting it and just three years after the first book came out.  Not too shabby.

Thanks for your constant support!  And if you haven't yet, pop over to Facebook and see the Japanese covers for Lamentation part 1 and 2.  They utterly rock.  

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks for the update Ken. I'm so glad that you're doing well and it will be a pleasure to see where the characters lead you this time.

My best to you as always and I'll see you on FB, I guess you won't tell me what Rudolfo said to you here either :smileyhappy:

And Happy Anniversary a little late to you and Jen

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

kenscholes wrote:

Cheers,

Ken

The last two volumes of this saga are easily the most anticipated books I've ever had the pleasure of dying to read.....

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

kenscholes wrote:

Cheers,

Ken

Ken,

So glad to hear you are feeling better.  And that you are charging full steam ahead. :smileyhappy:

Do take care!

Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Contributor
ABShaeffer

Man, I thought 2011 was an awesome year for books, but it's looking like 2012 might be better yet!

Artists of all disciplines must be willing to go into the dark, let go control, be surprised. - Madeleine L’Engle
Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Paul,

I'm dying!!!  Ken's series is one of the best series in the genre that I have read in years!!!!  I am still talking about his books to friends and have recommended it as a "need to read" to a good many people.  

Does Ken have any time period as to when he can tempt us to when we might dive into the pages of this epistle?

Meanwhile, I'll just join Debbie in being a green-eyed monster and salivate on this string for tidbits you might throw our direction.  If it might, maybe, could possibly be offered as a First Read. COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!

Mountain Muse 

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.