Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic
0 Kudos

Sauron vs. Darth Vader vs. Voldemort- who would win?

Three of the most famous fantasy/sci fi villians get into a fight. Who wins? Who loses first?
Frequent Contributor
Vinternatt
0 Kudos

Re: Sauron vs. Darth Vader vs. Voldemort- who would win?

My first thought would be that Darth Vader would go first. As for who would win afterwards I don't know.

But if Darth Vader found the Horcruxes and the ring, and destroyed them he'd win. I'll go for that one.

"Since when have fish been able to plan?" "Since they started sinking boats" - The Swarm
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Thing of it is that you would have to get them all on the same planet and the same time period.  Would they still have what gives them the advantage in their own space or would it be like a bunch of little boys throwing rocks.  If so it would be the one that has the biggest or largest amount of rocks.  With an even playing field  I think Darth Vader would proably win.  Just because of his size.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I have to go with Sauron, he does predate the creation of the world, after all...

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Darth Vader- Cyborg human with Jedi mojo

Vodemort- Wizard human

Sauron- Maiar (rough equivalent to those who haven't read the Similarion, Demigod)

Hmm to jazzed humans go up against a demigod. I'm betting on the Maiar. 

Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

But the demigod's power is tied up in a little ring -- which isn't in his possession most of the time.

Hmm...and take away Voldemort's wand?

Darth Vader is the only one who can act without a special talisman or instrument. Unless you disconnect his breathing aparatus.

Interesting too that all three villians have faced the edge of death before and returned.

Message Edited by Clippership14 on 11-18-2008 09:05 AM
Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

Sauron has the most experience AND had a mentor that was way tough as well (Morgoth) although he is like 0-4 in for winning wars (one personal loss to Fingon, got dumped in the fall of Numeanor, lost big to the Last Alliance, AND somebody tossed his bling in a volcano!). He's gotta be due for a win right?

I say Vader takes out Voldemort, at least he never got beat by some meddling kids!

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Clippership14 wrote:

But the demigod's power is tied up in a little ring -- which isn't in his possession most of the time.

Hmm...and take away Voldemort's wand?

Darth Vader is the only one who can act without a special talisman or instrument. Unless you disconnect his breathing aparatus.

Interesting too that all three villians have faced the edge of death before and returned.

Message Edited by Clippership14 on 11-18-2008 09:05 AM

Intersting? I see a built in character depth and fatal flaw foreshadowing.

I'm sure Voldemort can cast a spell sans wand, wands are only there to focus anyway.

Darth would be hard pressed to go without his cybernetics. But when he dies, is it the removal of his helmet or the massive cellular damage that kills him?

Sauron even without THE ONE RING; melts minds, commands armys, powers nazgul,  ect... Deadly even with physical existance hampered by ring loss.

Still voting for the Maiar.

Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

I agree with Brad -- Vader would take out Voldemort. Being beat by a teenager doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Voldemort's capabilities. Plus there's that lovely choke hold Vader likes to employ...
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

Sorry.... but Sauron would kick some butt... he's the bomb, first off, and he's basically the spawn of the "Devil" in Middle-earth terms.... so I'm going with Sauron... Darth Vader comes in a close second however... I mean... the force is definitely with him.

I know... I'm lame. 

"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
Frequent Contributor
oldBPLstackdenizen
0 Kudos

Greetings, avidreader2 ( & Everyone ):

I really don't know anything about Voldemort ( except I am guessing he is the evil wizard and chief bad guy in the Harry Potter series ) but...

My feeling is that Sauron would manipulate both of his opponents - he would offer them Rings of Power for their own and take advantage of their lust for power ...

following which, Darth and Voldee would become his tools - his followers and lackeys, with no real wills of their own...

"Middle-earth Is A State Of Mind"
^^^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Ardo Whortleberry
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

oldBPLstackdenizen wrote:

I really don't know anything about Voldemort ( except I am guessing he is the evil wizard and chief bad guy in the Harry Potter series ) but...

My feeling is that Sauron would manipulate both of his opponents - he would offer them Rings of Power for their own and take advantage of their lust for power ...

following which, Darth and Voldee would become his tools - his followers and lackeys, with no real wills of their own...

BRAVO!!! 

"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

avidreader2 wrote:

oldBPLstackdenizen wrote:

BRAVO!!! 

I've been patiently waiting for Ardo to reply to this question – and his response was everything I hoped it would be! Thanks.

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

It's all about the timing.

If we're talking Sauron before he loses the ring--the other two are definitely toast. If we're talking Sauron as the floating eye--he won't be forging anything, is stuck in one place, and his power is limited. Granted, he does have quite a few legions running around. But how well would orcs stand up to a star destoyer or a few Imperial walkers?

What's the playing field?

Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

I love how analytical we're being about this... it pretty funny.... I mean... just sit and think about what we're discussing here.... it's awesome... but freakin' funny all the same.
Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

Oh, I know! This is fun. Didn't realize I would be playing devil's advocate so much, but as a writer you have to think of all the nitty gritty what ifs.
Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

Clippership14 wrote:

If we're talking Sauron before he loses the ring--the other two are definitely toast. If we're talking Sauron as the floating eye--he won't be forging anything, is stuck in one place, and his power is limited. Granted, he does have quite a few legions running around. But how well would orcs stand up to a star destoyer or a few Imperial walkers?

Sauron only needs to get ONE Nazgul aboard a Star Destroyer and it's "Light Out!" for the Imperials. For Imperial walkers I got one  word .."Oliphants" .  Walkers can be whupped by teddy bears with sticks. No contest.

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Bradinator1 wrote:

Clippership14 wrote:

Sauron only needs to get ONE Nazgul aboard a Star Destroyer and it's "Light Out!" for the Imperials. For Imperial walkers I got one  word .."Oliphants" .  Walkers can be whupped by teddy bears with sticks. No contest.

Brad

Oh but the chief nazgul got taken out by a chick and a little person.

Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Bradinator1 wrote:

Clippership14 wrote:

Brad

Oh but the chief nazgul got taken out by a chick and a little person.

What if they got one of the lesser Nazgul and give him a Fell Beast? What then? I think that would make up for the Nazgul not being the chief guy. I mean... those Fell Beasts are terrifying.... they're big... they're mean.... and they can scream like a dying pig.... not a nice thing to have coming at you to potentially kill you... then there's the creepy hooded guy strapped to his back.... not nice... not nice at all, my friends.

Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is it official that Voldemort's out of the running? Or should we add to the equation apparating wizards?

And I assume the setting has to be Middle Earth because Sauron is stuck and can't exactly travel to modern Earth or Coruscant.

Message Edited by Clippership14 on 11-22-2008 09:19 AM