Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WONK
0 Kudos

Short stories in e-format

For over the last decade I have been writing articles about how well short stories fit epublishing.  Short stories are something that I miss very much in mainstream publishing.  I had so much fun with those pulp SF magazines when I was in school.  I found this article in the New York Times that points out the expanding short story emarket today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/books/a-good-fit-for-small-screens-short-stories-are-selling.html?...

Anyone else miss those old shorts?

Runo singer and curmudgeon
Sirvio's Keep
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio
Keep's Books and Tales
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio/content.html
Book reviews
www.paulbunyan.net/users/gsirvio/reviews.html
Gorden's bookshelf
www.midwestbookreview.com
Taconite Runes
http://TaconiteRunes.com
Pulp Writing
http://forums.delphiforums.com/pulpwriting/messages
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: Short stories in e-format

[ Edited ]

Kristine Kathryn Rusch has released pretty much her whole short story backlist as 99 cent epubs.  Maybe a model for others to follow.

Correspondent
ManuelGarcia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I subscribe to the Nook version of Analog magazine, just so that I can have short stories to read.  This was done after years of having a subscription to the dead tree version.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

ManuelGarcia wrote:

I subscribe to the Nook version of Analog magazine, just so that I can have short stories to read.  This was done after years of having a subscription to the dead tree version.

Do you keep older issues?  I get ticked off that B&N keeps archiving them (and eventually deleting them) against my wishes.

Correspondent
ManuelGarcia
0 Kudos

I per advice I read some where in one of these forums, I archive then un-archive the magazine issues which prevents B&N from deleting them.

I also download them to Nook for the PC, then copy the directory Nook for PC has of B&N books/magazines to another directory and back up that directory.