Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
DanielDimos

The Day The Earth Stood Still

A classic science fiction movie about a alien from another world whom warns us about what will happen if our violence progresses. The alien is occompanied by a giant robot named Gort. Gort is a defence robot that will act when there is any where abouts of violence. Soon the government gets the alien in cusody and traps the robot. Now the robot goes on a rage to find the alien and a woman. The alien leaves on his spaceship. The movie ends.

Day the Earth Stood Still  

Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)   

Distinguished Correspondent
marilynpsychic
0 Kudos

Re: The Day The Earth Stood Still

Speaking of science fiction movies, I just read a review of the fourth "Terminator" movie being released.  I like Christian Bale, but the reviews say the movie's not so great.

"I'm a writer. I give the truth scope." Chaucer (character) in movie "A Knight's Tale"
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

marilynpsychic wrote:

Speaking of science fiction movies, I just read a review of the fourth "Terminator" movie being released.  I like Christian Bale, but the reviews say the movie's not so great.

Marilyn:

I just saw the previews yesterday and I have to admit, it looks like it could be really good! And, yes, Christian Bale is fantastic. But most all trailers look great, right? So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.... It opens this Thursday (5/21/09), right?

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

paulgoatallen wrote:

marilynpsychic wrote:

Marilyn:

I just saw the previews yesterday and I have to admit, it looks like it could be really good! And, yes, Christian Bale is fantastic. But most all trailers look great, right? So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.... It opens this Thursday (5/21/09), right?

Paul 

Yes, it does come out this weekend!!! Christian Bale is one of my all time favorite actors, all his movies are fantastic and I just don't think T4 will be any exception to that. It just doesn't seem possible for it to be awful with Bale in it. I'll be supper disappointed if it is, that's for sure.

Message Edited by carmen22 on 05-20-2009 01:17 PM
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

oho i absolutely love the day the earth stood still! i havent seen the new verision yet- it didnt get very good reviews and that is like one of my favorite sci fi movies! i'm not in a big rush to see the new one yet, is it any good?

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

carmen22 wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

marilynpsychic wrote:

Marilyn:

Paul 

Yes, it does come out this weekend!!! Christian Bale is one of my all time favorite actors, all his movies are fantastic and I just don't think T4 will be any exception to that. It just doesn't seem possible for it to be awful with Bale in it. I'll be supper disappointed if it is, that's for sure.

Message Edited by carmen22 on 05-20-2009 01:17 PM

Yeah I'm having a conflict. T4 or UP. T4 or UP. T4 could be awsome. But it could be as so-so as T3. However UP is in 3D, so....a pixar in 3D.

Not to mention I could always go see Star Trek a third time.