Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
JohnEverson
0 Kudos

The Demons of Summer!

Barnes & Noble and my publisher, Dorchester Publications, have put my erotic horror novels on sale this month for $3.99 for the Nook. If you like demonic horror, I hope you'll take a look at my first novel, Covenant , as well as its sequel, Sacrifice

If you like really over the top "ritual in the basement of the old hotel" stuff, take a look at The 13th.

Or, if you're a fan of more "creature-based" erotic horror, consider my latest novel, Siren.   They were all fun novels to write, and I hope you'll enjoy going along for the ride and reading them.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: The Demons of Summer!

Hey, I loved Siren! And the history behind this book is absolutely amazing – here's the blog I wrote last year....

Paul

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unabashedly-Bookish-The-BN/A-Victim-of-History-How-a-Stellar-...

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

I think I remember something about Siren being re-issued in paperback form. Has that ever come about?

Inspired Contributor
JohnEverson

Thanks Paul! That was an amazing article about SIREN :smileyhappy:

And yes, Dalnewt -- SIREN was reissued in trade paperback in June (just in time for summer beach season!). B&N carries it:

Siren  

Inspired Correspondent
Lineola
0 Kudos

Thank you for the head's up--I bought a copy of Siren, looking forward to reading it :smileyhappy:  I always enjoy reading books by author's that support forums like this--it is fun to be able to "talk" to authors :smileyhappy:

Lineola

Inspired Contributor
JohnEverson
0 Kudos

Thanks Lineola! Do let me know what you think when you read it. I love to talk with reader about books... part of the fun of telling a story is to get readers' reactions to it. Everyone sees a story a little differently.

Keep reading,

John

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@JohnEverson:

John, was Sacrifice supposed to be included in the $3.99 sale?  I have Covenant and was excited about adding the sequel Sacrifice to my library at this price, but it's showing up on the B&N site at $6.19.

Inspired Contributor
JohnEverson
0 Kudos

Hi Brandie!

It was... and I could have sworn it was priced at $3.99 along with the other three novels last week! Not sure what happened there. Not sure if it will help, but I'll email the publisher today to see what's up.

Best,

John

Inspired Contributor
JohnEverson
0 Kudos

Hi Brandie - Found out that my memory was wrong... my other three novels were all put on a sale promotion, but SACRIFICE was not. Sorry about that!

John