Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Tiberius: The Final Fragrance

[ Edited ]

So, yeah, here it is...the cologne that makes you smell like James Tiberius Kirk. Any comments?   :smileyhappy:

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 03-06-2009 03:27 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

Re: Tiberius: The Final Fragrance

If I was single I'd be ordering by the gallon! It must work cuase this dude picked up women on every single planet he went to. I'll bet they sell a lot of this at Cons, lol!

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Bradinator1 wrote:

I'll bet they sell a lot of this at Cons, lol!

Brad:

I'll bet you're right about the cons!  The thing that creeped me out was the cologne's "tagline" on the book: "Boldly go..." Eech. Bad visuals!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I would not even consider this cologne if I had not showered in 10 weeks, just got done rolling through a pig sty, got sprayed by a skunk on the way home, and had to get ready for a date.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
gegarland
0 Kudos

I hate stinky stuff. I've used an electric razor for years, but I won't use "pre-shave" lotions because you can feel the smelly film they leave on your face. I was always compelled to wash my face after trying to use one of those products. The only soap I will use is Ivory; when I rinse and rub the soap off of my skin off I want it to squeak like a squegee over a freshly cleaned window. The thing I hate the worst about visiting family is the knowledge that I will have to use their "soap", such as it is. I don't want any "moisturizers" or "lubricants" leaving a sheen of slick, oily stuff on my skin when all I want is to do is take a shower to get clean.

Alive, occupying space, and exerting gravitational force
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

So, yeah, here it is...the cologne that makes you smell like James Tiberius Kirk. Any comments?   :smileyhappy:

Paul 

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 03-06-2009 03:27 PM

The liquids color is a little daunting. Anyone actually know what it smells like?

Boldly go, isn't so bad, you should see the tag lines they market at women.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ok this sent me on a tiny hunting trip.

The line going to have 3 sents this year. Also being released with Tiberius is Red Shirts. The scent soon comming is named after the Vulcan mating ritual. Retal 30 bucks a pop, online and department store marketing, available next month.

Life is wierd.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

The line going to have 3 sents this year. Also being released with Tiberius is Red Shirts. The scent soon coming is named after the Vulcan mating ritual. Retail 30 bucks a pop, online and department store marketing, available next month.

Life is wierd.

Are you, serious, Tig? Named after a Vulcan mating ritual? What does THAT cologne smell like?

Wait a minute here..... you're joking, aren't you?

Paul 

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

The line going to have 3 sents this year. Also being released with Tiberius is Red Shirts. The scent soon coming is named after the Vulcan mating ritual. Retail 30 bucks a pop, online and department store marketing, available next month.

Life is wierd.

Are you, serious, Tig? Named after a Vulcan mating ritual? What does THAT cologne smell like?

Paul 

Definately serious

Tiberius   orange, musk, and black pepper

Red shirts  sharp, sporty, an undernotes of vanilla

And the Vulcan one, they're being cagey about since it's still a few months off

Bradinator1
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Life is wierd.

Paul 

Definately serious

Tiberius   orange, musk, and black pepper

Red shirts  sharp, sporty, an undernotes of vanilla

And the Vulcan one, they're being cagey about since it's still a few months off

I'd be worried that Red Shirt one would make me  just a part of the back round. Coupled with the fact that probablt makes vultures follow you around waiting for you to utter your one line "Look Captain I've found something....AHHHHH!!!"

Brad

And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Didn't all background characters with a red shirt in the original series get klled? I'd be afraid that if I sprayed myself with Red Shirt, I'd get eaten by a sentient shrub or something...   :smileyhappy:

Paul 

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Didn't all background characters with a red shirt in the original series get klled? I'd be afraid that if I sprayed myself with Red Shirt, I'd get eaten by a sentient shrub or something...   :smileyhappy:

Paul 

Oh yes definetly a cleshe, Red Shirt (yeoman) buys it first. But I think they ment is as a nuetral masculine scent.

Bradinator1

Since we have:

Tiberius....Boldly Go

Perhaps they will have:

Uhura...Hailing Frequencies Open

Picard...Engage

Brad 

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Bradinator1 wrote:

Since we have:

Tiberius....Boldly Go

Perhaps they will have:

Picard...Engage

Brad 

Oh they're definately working on a tie in subtlely for the new movie while milking the old series. I'm hopping for -Tribble Repelant

Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

You know, it could work. If it smells nice, and gives a guy a confident, grounded sort of feeling (like having the home team advantage), women are going to pick up on that without realizing the secret (that he brought part of his favorite show with him into this bar).

He'll feel grounded and confident, smell nice, and yet he won't smell like any of the past 20 guys that came up to talk to her ... What is different about this guy? I can't put my finger on it. Hmm. He smells nice too.

Maybe she'll decide that different is good. Actually, being subtly different (without being too scary or overwhelmingly different) is always an advantage.  Allows her to imagine that you could potentially be the best of what is known, as well as the best of what is unknown.

Oh, wait! I wasn't supposed to tell you! 

PenelopeTX
Do NOT invoke my inner Mama Bear! (Credited to me)
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Bradinator1 wrote:

Since we have:

Tiberius....Boldly Go

Perhaps they will have:

Picard...Engage

Brad 

Oh they're definately working on a tie in subtlely for the new movie while milking the old series. I'm hopping for -Tribble Repelant

Actually it's:

Tribble Pet Shampoo.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

PenelopeTX wrote:

You know, it could work. If it smells nice, and gives a guy a confident, grounded sort of feeling (like having the home team advantage), women are going to pick up on that without realizing the secret (that he brought part of his favorite show with him into this bar).

He'll feel grounded and confident, smell nice, and yet he won't smell like any of the past 20 guys that came up to talk to her ... What is different about this guy? I can't put my finger on it. Hmm. He smells nice too.

Maybe she'll decide that different is good. Actually, being subtly different (without being too scary or overwhelmingly different) is always an advantage.  Allows her to imagine that you could potentially be the best of what is known, as well as the best of what is unknown.

Oh, wait! I wasn't supposed to tell you! 

(chuckle) Hey guys back when I was looking. 3 things got you a piece of my time. Looking mostly at least the direction of my face while talking to me (extra points for meeting my eyes). Starting with you name and not a line. And smelling nice but not overwhelming.

Smelling subtlely different just might be the advantage.

Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

Right! Because its intangible. Something, something nice, is different, but I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT! What is is about this guy? One thing I know for certain, he definitely is different from that jerk that was here a few minutes ago...
PenelopeTX
Distinguished Wordsmith
PenelopeTX
0 Kudos

Hey T., that name thing is a nice touch too. Correct eye behavior is a basic requirement. No manners, no nothing. No way.
PenelopeTX
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

PenelopeTX wrote:
Right! Because its intangible. Something, something nice, is different, but I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT! What is is about this guy? One thing I know for certain, he definitely is different from that jerk that was here a few minutes ago...

(nodding) We need to be marketing these.