Reader
Graluck
0 Kudos

Trying to find a book from my past

Ok I know this is a stab in the dark, but I have been reading fantasy books since high school.

I have a had a nook now for almost a month and am loving it.

What I am trying to do is rebuild my book library as I have lost numerous books over my lifetime. With this nook I can now have the books I have read.

There is this one book I read in 1986, and since then have always remembered it from time to time. I would love to get this book again to add to my collection.

I di not remember to much from the book, but what I do remember is that the book was about this guy that had been cursed to never die, and it was his only goal for a while to die, but no matter how many ifferent ways he tried to kill himself, he just could not die. In the book he throws himself from a cliff and hits the floor, realizing that he still alive he just lays there for what I believe is years.

I know it is not to much to go on, but it really is all I could rememeber, since I have read so many books since then.

It was one of thse books I bought from a gift store right before I had to take this long bus trip.

If what I remember from the book triggers something in someone who can remember the name of this bok I would really appreaciate it.

Distinguished Correspondent
DCLOVELL

Re: Trying to find a book from my past

Was it Replay by Ken Grimwood?  I think it came out originally in 1987.  This is one I read years ago and plan on at some point buying for my Nook and re-reading.

Replay

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/replay-ken-grimwood/1100616477?ean=9780688161125

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

If it isn't Replay, try posting this question over on Lost Books.  You may reach a wider audience, and folks over there really enjoy solving this kind of mystery.

Jeff

Reader
Graluck
0 Kudos

I appreciate the suggested book, but it isn't the one.

In the one I read I do remember that he did not die. He couldn't die. That was his curse. I do also remember that it was a fantasy book.