Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Graluck
0 Kudos

Trying to find a book from my past

Ok I know this is a stab in the dark, but I have been reading fantasy books since high school.

I have a had a nook now for almost a month and am loving it.

What I am trying to do is rebuild my book library as I have lost numerous books over my lifetime. With this nook I can now have the books I have read.

There is this one book I read in 1986, and since then have always remembered it from time to time. I would love to get this book again to add to my collection.

I di not remember to much from the book, but what I do remember is that the book was about this guy that had been cursed to never die, and it was his only goal for a while to die, but no matter how many ifferent ways he tried to kill himself, he just could not die. In the book he throws himself from a cliff and hits the floor, realizing that he still alive he just lays there for what I believe is years.

I know it is not to much to go on, but it really is all I could rememeber, since I have read so many books since then.

It was one of thse books I bought from a gift store right before I had to take this long bus trip.

If what I remember from the book triggers something in someone who can remember the name of this bok I would really appreaciate it.

Distinguished Correspondent
DCLOVELL

Re: Trying to find a book from my past

Was it Replay by Ken Grimwood?  I think it came out originally in 1987.  This is one I read years ago and plan on at some point buying for my Nook and re-reading.

Replay

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/replay-ken-grimwood/1100616477?ean=9780688161125

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

If it isn't Replay, try posting this question over on Lost Books.  You may reach a wider audience, and folks over there really enjoy solving this kind of mystery.

Jeff

Reader
Graluck
0 Kudos

I appreciate the suggested book, but it isn't the one.

In the one I read I do remember that he did not die. He couldn't die. That was his curse. I do also remember that it was a fantasy book.