Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading The Stormcaller by Tom Lloyd.  It is the first book in The Twilight Reign series.  After that I have the first two books of The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.  The Way Of The Shadows and Shadow's Edge to read.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Old Skool week here. "Doomfarers of Coramande" by Brian Daley. re-readgin that and it's sequel "Starfollowers Of Coramonde". Just finished "Winds of Limbo" by Micheal Moorcock that rescued from the used book store. How old you ask? The book was originally priced for $1.95, lol

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Frequent Contributor
VTfan
0 Kudos

I am currently reading Starfist:Firestorm by Sherman and Cragg.  I like some of the plotlines better in some of the earlier books, but I want to find out how it ends.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I've been rereading The Mage Winds triology by Mercedes Lackey, I am on the third one, Winds of Fury, now.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Correspondent
Sandikal
0 Kudos

I'm reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova.  It's about historians looking for Dracula and takes place over several decades.  It's really long and really dense.  Next up is "Anubis Gates" by Tim Powers.
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

When The Historian first came out I wasn't sure I would like it so I didn't buy it right away.  Eventually I got it for $6 in hardcover from Walmart.  I really liked it, I liked the idea that the narrator is never named.  It makes it feel more like a personal journal that way. 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I'm eagerly reading The Name of the Wind. Alot of people here said it was fantastic, so I went to my local B&N and got myself a copy. And, so far, it is living up to my expectations. I don't kno how to explain it... it's just... very unique I guess. You really don't know what the book is going to be about in the beginning, which really draws you in... it's REALLY GOOD!
Message Edited by avidreader2 on 11-01-2008 12:59 PM
"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

avidreader2 wrote:
I'm eagerly reading The Name of the Wind. Alot of people here said it was fantastic, so I went to my local B&N and got myself a copy. And, so far, it is living up to my expectations. I don't kno how to explain it... it's just... very unique I guess. You really don't know what the book is going to be about in the beginning, which really draws you in... it's REALLY GOOD!

(cough) Told you so.

EVERYONE ELSE.... This book is FANTASTIC! Common guys it in paper back, it'll be the best spent 9 buck you spend this year.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I finished The Stormcaller and man was that a great read.  I have been reccommending it to people I know.  Even loaning to one of my Nephews to read.

Now I'm ready to start Brent Weeks trilogy.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
AGN
Contributor
AGN
0 Kudos

Just started reading Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest.  I found it here on one of the posts and decided to give it a try.
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

avidreader2 wrote:

Avid:

I told you it was great!!! 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

Yes, you did and I am VERY THANKFUL!!! I love this book! It's such a different kind of story... did I see someone's post that said that a "part two" will be coming out soon?
"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Avid:

wikipedia has this:

The Kingkiller Chronicle
  1. The Name of the Wind (March 2007)
  2. The Wise Man's Fear (scheduled for April 2009)
  3. The Doors of Stone (working title, scheduled for 2010)

This trilogy was originally one very long story with the working title The Song of Flame and Thunder. It was split in three for publication due to its length. The series is essentially the autobiography of a famous musician, wizard, and adventurer named Kvothe. After gaining notoriety at a young age, he disappears from public life and is eventually tracked down to a backwater inn by Devan Lochees, who goes by the name 'Chronicler'. After some persuasion, Chronicler convinces Kvothe to tell him his life story. However, the story is occasionally punctuated by interludes, during which it becomes clear that someone is looking for Kvothe, and that Kvothe's friend Bast is unwilling to let Chronicler tell all of Kvothe's story. The story thus proceeds on two levels, as we learn how Kvothe came to be the man he is now, whilst other events take place in the present hinting at a greater story to follow.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Reading Paul of Dune audio version so my son can enjoy too.  Book wise I am rereading Sharon Shinn's The Thirteenth House series because a fifth book is coming out this week and I want to have the story fresh in my mind when I get my copy Of Fortune and Fate in the mail.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic
0 Kudos

I just finished re-reading Summon the Keeper. Good book, very funny, has a talking cat.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Raven,

Summon The Keeper by Tanya Huff is very good and since you liked that one you should try the other two books in that series The Second Summoning and The Long Hot Summoning.  She also has a series of books, Confederation series, that you might like starting with Valor's Choice.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic
0 Kudos

I didn't like Second Summoning and Long Hot Summoning when I read them. I prefer Summon the Keeper as a standalone book.
Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

Just finished:

Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini (the book had too many adjectives and scenery descriptions but on the bright side I am starting to actually like the main character now)

I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov (Was nothing like I thought it would be--I happened to pick up a copy with the movie cover and the book is nothing like the movie! Still it was informative in an entertaining way.)

The Hammer of God, by Arthur C. Clarke (Again an informative read but very lackluster emotionally if you've seen the movie Deep Impact.)

Currently I'm reading:

Moonrise, by Ben Bova (The jury is still out on the verdict for this one.)

I'm on queue at the library for Elantris and Inkdeath. Looking forward to both.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Currently reading The Twelve Houses series by Sharon Shinn  Then I'm going to be reading The Hidden Worlds and The Cold Minds by Kristin Landon

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
TiggerBear

Just finished "Whitechapel Gods" by S.M. Peters.