Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Just finished Twilight and now I am addicted. I am waiting for a friend to finish New Moon, but now I am very tempted to just go to the library and get them all and do a 2 day reading marathon. I read twilight in 6 hours, so the others shouldn't be too much of a problem.

And does anyone know the details about the whole Book 5 craziness? I've been doing research, but it's hard to get information on the fifth book without there being something about the other four books, which I have only read one of.... so I am trying to avoid spoilers like the plague, which basically thwarts all of my researching....

SO does anyone have any information about book 5 that won't spoil anything for me?                                               ( Man.... I ramble like a maniac.....) 

"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I'm about half way through Diana Gabaldon's Voyager in her Outlander series. God what a great series.
Distinguished Wordsmith
pagemaven
0 Kudos

Debbie,

Isn't it the most wonderful series? I envy you the first reading. Each book in the series as better than the last. I re-read it every winter (winter being a force to be reckoned with here) - we plan "stay-busy" activities well in advance.

There are more of us than you think.
Contributor
Robinyoda
0 Kudos

Avid,

Last I heard book 5 was nixed due to a leek of chapters to the internet.

Everyone else,

Hearing of a lot of books here.  I am reading the Sookie Stackhouse Seires again and man do I need to get some new books.

Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

Robinyoda wrote:

Avid,

Last I heard book 5 was nixed due to a leek of chapters to the internet.

Everyone else,

Hearing of a lot of books here.  I am reading the Sookie Stackhouse Seires again and man do I need to get some new books.

Thanks, Robinyoda.... I finished the Twilight saga... and it was great... but anyway.
If you're looking for good books, you are definitely in the right place... just browse through the book clubs in your favorite genres and get ready to have a wish list longer than you are tall.

"When camping in Canada, do not wear fruity chapstick... you might get mauled by grizzly bears."
Frequent Contributor
Shootydog
0 Kudos

Picked up "The Book of Lost Tales" at the recommendation of a friend and I have just started it.  The first book of 2009 for me.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein
Inspired Contributor
avidreader2
0 Kudos

Shootydog wrote:
Picked up "The Book of Lost Tales" at the recommendation of a friend and I have just started it.  The first book of 2009 for me.
Good book. Nice choice for the first of 2009. 

Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

Finished The Name of the Wind. Not necessarily one I would buy but it's worth reading. (Great example of science-fantasy with the lean more on the fantasy side.)

Now onto Mistborn and Ender in Exile (Yay! I finally made it to the top of the library queue.) Have to read them both at the same time since they're in high demand right now. Should be fun.

Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

I'm on "Automatic Detective" by A. Lee Martinez. Detective noir, w/ a robot ,designed by a mad scientist for world domination, as the detective. It's set in a city of science gone loopy. I like the main character of Max Megaton. A fun read so far. I'll be moving on to the new Jim Butcher fantasy tilt "Princips Fury" next. I'm really liking A. Lee Martinez as an author. I enjoyed "Gil's All Fright Diner" a lot! It was a hoot. I need the lighthearted comedy stuff mixed with my more serious reads.

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm getting a headstart on one of the titles for next month, The Suicide Collectors by David Oppeggard.  Liking it so far.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Shootydog
0 Kudos

Oops...I mistyped.

I meant to say The Book of Lost Things.  So far I am enjoying it immensely. 

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss
0 Kudos

Finishing The Watcher, a paranormal mystery series by Jeanne Stein...my library finally got them!
I also found a new Gaiman book that I didn't know existed...always a cause for celebration! The Sandman Book of Dreams: Stories Based on..... Clive Barker and Nancy A Collins ...writing in Gaimans' world...21 authors in all! Who could resist this dedication? "This book is for Harlan Ellison, Jane Yolen, Martha Soukup, and Charles De Lint...with apologies -- Neil. "

Kristine
paulgoatallen

fforgnayr wrote:
I'm getting a headstart on one of the titles for next month, The Suicide Collectors by David Oppeggard.  Liking it so far.

Ryan:

I am dying to read this book!  I have a really good feeling about The Suicide Collectors....

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I plan on reading it and hope I can find it pretty locally.  Right now I have some required reading to do so all personal reading is on hold for the next two weeks.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Shootydog
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

fforgnayr wrote:

Ryan:

I am dying to read this book!  I have a really good feeling about The Suicide Collectors....

Paul 

I have also put it on my must read list for 2009.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Paul, I got it today and finished it today.  I really, really liked the book (with a few small caveats) I think everyone who takes the time to read it will enjoy it as well.  Can't wait to talk about it next month.

paulgoatallen wrote:

fforgnayr wrote:

Ryan:

Paul 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
paulgoatallen

fforgnayr wrote:
Paul, I got it today and finished it today.  I really, really liked the book (with a few small caveats) I think everyone who takes the time to read it will enjoy it as well.  Can't wait to talk about it next month.

That is great to hear, Ryan. I've got a pile of books between me and The Suicide Collectors but I'll get there soon. And it's going to be great to actually bounce comments and questions off of David O... should be a great month!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Well, I don't know if I will like it but I picked up Dragon Spell by Donita K. Paul.  It stricks me as a book that if my son (age 9) sits with me and wants to try to read a page or two with me then I don't have to worry about what is going on on that page.  Which he has been doing more and more.  I want him to be in to reading and feel comfortable with it.  So if he sits with me that is nice for a few minutes until the hyper speed sets in him.

Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Melissa,

I have read all of Donita's Dragon books and they were very good and you will not have any worries about content and there is enough action in the book to keep a nine year old interested.  The language is not that difficult for that age group.  In fact it was a series a bunch of us were review to know wither or not to reccommend them to a Christian Youth group and we all agreed that they were perfect for the group which consisted of 10-17 year olds.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Thank you Toni.  My son has been trying to read with me so I figured I would take a step in a direction that he can read over my shoulder at times and ask me about it so we can talk about it.  He seems to like to hear what I have to say and he talks about it with me.

Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/