I am currently reread Sharon Lee's and Steve Miller's Liaden Universe books

Crystal Soldier  

Crystal Dragon  

Balance of Trade  

Pilots Choice  

Partners in Necessity  

Plan B  

I Dare  

Fledgling   in preparation for the September 1 ,2009 release of the nineth book in the series Fledgeling.  In fact Baen is rerleasing all of the books. 

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 08-09-2009 08:50 PM
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
StarChaserNX
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I am reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, a wonderful fantasy novel taking place in early 19th century England.  I've met quite a few people that say they have heard about the book and heard that it was good, but only met two others that have actually read the book. 
Everyone is normal... until you get to know them.
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

StarChaserNX wrote:
I am reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, a wonderful fantasy novel taking place in early 19th century England.  I've met quite a few people that say they have heard about the book and heard that it was good, but only met two others that have actually read the book. 

It's a pretty good book, I didn't like the flow of it but the story is rather good.

pen21
0 Kudos

I liked the book. It did get rather long. I read it in 2 chuncks.

It was worth the read though.

TiggerBear wrote:

StarChaserNX wrote:

It's a pretty good book, I didn't like the flow of it but the story is rather good.

paulgoatallen

Ryan_G wrote:

I just read about two books and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about them.

Ariel 

The Magicians 

Ryan:

I just received my copy of Elegy Beach – the sequel to Ariel – yesterday and I am so excited to read it and Ariel! I've talked to some people in the publishing business and they've specifically brought up Boyett and told me to "read him asap!"

I am thinking about making Elegy Beach a feature in November –it comes out in late September –  so if you read Ariel, let me know what you thought!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Correspondent
Clippership14
0 Kudos

Just finished Patricia C. Wrede's Book of Enchantments and have begun her Thirteenth Child as well as Neil Gaiman's M is for Magic. Short story collections are great for snatching some reading time here and there when you're on the go all the time. And I really like the Thirteenth Child as it uses pioneer times as the setting but is still magic based. Not the usual European or modern setting. Nice twist.
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

I sem to be on a nostalgia kick. Halfway through a reread of

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency 

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Paul, thanks for the info.  If I get to the book anytime soon I will let you know what I thought.

paulgoatallen wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

I just read about two books and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about them.

Ariel 

The Magicians 

Ryan:

I just received my copy of Elegy Beach – the sequel to Ariel – yesterday and I am so excited to read it and Ariel! I've talked to some people in the publishing business and they've specifically brought up Boyett and told me to "read him asap!"

I am thinking about making Elegy Beach a feature in November –it comes out in late September –  so if you read Ariel, let me know what you thought!

Paul 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
New User
Perry8008

FRe: What are you currently reading?

I'm reading Asimov's Foundation and Earth.  I'd read the rest of the series years ago and didn't know about this one; then I found it in a used book store.

Also, I'm listening to a book on CD during my drive to work called Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke.  I really like it; pretty dry but funny and read in a great British accent.

Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1
0 Kudos

"Monster" by A. Lee Martinez. So far, so good. Pretty funny stuff about a paranormal, sorta animal control expert. A break from the serious stuff (and reality!)

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
New User
Velmeran
0 Kudos

Andre Norton's Warlock series...  She is a fantastic author and it had been years since my last read.
Contributor
ArtemisEstelle
0 Kudos

I am currently finishing up City of Glass by Cassandra Clare and will then be moving onto Bitten by Kelley Armstrong and the rest of her Women of the Otherworld series once it comes in the mail.
New User
Radagast9
0 Kudos

"The Darkness that Comes Before" by R. Scott Bakker. I have high hopes for this series...
New User
Avvongellion
0 Kudos

I am currently reading the Percy Jackson & the Olympions series by Rick Riordon. Even though I am an adult I have always enjoyed Young Adult fiction. Well, I guess because I am only 18 that might make me a young adult..lol Anyways the series is wonderful. Of all the fiction books I have read this is the first time that I have encountered the Greek gods. Really good!!! Great Author!!!
New User
psyphi70
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
sifu-hotman
0 Kudos

Right Now reading 

The Smoke Thief  

Still not sure how I feel about it.

Inspired Contributor
sifu-hotman

sifu-hotman wrote:
Right Now reading 

The Smoke Thief  

Still not sure how I feel about it.

No, I don't think I like it. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Bradinator1

Just finished up "Rides a Dread Legion" by Feist, and have just started "Toll the Hounds" in the Malazan series by Steve Erickson. That's the most recent book, and I'll be sad when I finish it since I have to wait for the next one.

Brad

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see
Just imminent danger, in the middle of it, me
Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze
And the day needs my saving expertise" - Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Bradinator1 wrote:

Just finished up "Rides a Dread Legion" by Feist, and have just started "Toll the Hounds" in the Malazan series by Steve Erickson. That's the most recent book, and I'll be sad when I finish it since I have to wait for the next one.

Brad

Ah, the waiting game.... We all must play at one point or another. I don't know if I'll ever stop playing..... :smileywink:
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
New User
Ziva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Currently Reading:

Going to Start:

Cover Image  Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs: Book Cover
Message Edited by Ziva on 08-25-2009 01:03 PM