Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
VictoriaJanssen

Re: What are you currently reading?

I recently finished Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane, which had some new approaches to the Urban Fantasy genre - the protagonist is a drug addict as well as a witch, though it's not clear yet if and how those things are related.  It's a post-apocalyptic world.

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts Series #1) 

Next up...I'm not sure yet.  Probably the last Inda book: 

Treason's Shore 

MOONLIGHT MISTRESS, December 2009 from Harlequin Spice
THE DUCHESS, HER MAID, THE GROOM AND THEIR LOVER, Harlequin Spice.
www.victoriajanssen.com
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Raintree : Inferno/Haunted/Sanctuary and I'm on part three Sanctuary :smileyhappy:

Raintree

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

I read Feed by Mira Grant. I haven't read her October Daye series written as Seanan McGuire.  I like how the author used a politics mixed with postapocalyptic story line. I am now waiting for the second book Deadline.

Feed

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

To Kill A Warlock by H.P. Mallory

To Kill A Warlock, an Urban Fantasy

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Amazing new series by H.P. Mallory I loved To Kill A Warlock :smileyhappy:

I'm going to start reading Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory in a few minutes.

So hopefully this book with be as amazing as To Kill A Warlock.

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, a Paranormal Romance  

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

I'm going to start reading The Ghost Hunter by Lori Brighton in a few minutes :smileyhappy:

The Ghost Hunter, a Paranormal Romance

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

I should be reading student papers *ahem*. On the bookshelf for the near future are Lords and Ladies (Discworld Series)The Fall (Strain Trilogy #2), and Beautiful Darkness. I just finished (and loved) The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Series #1)--therese are a great continuation if you liked the original Camp Half-Blood series!

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just starting to read Human Blend by Lori Pescatore :smileyhappy:

Human Blend

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

The Sevenfold Spell by Tia Nevitt

The Sevenfold Spell

Reader 2
RNBibliophile
0 Kudos

Is anyone else reading The Fionavar Tapestry?  I know it's old school but I've only just heard about it. I've made it to the second book and am really enjoying it!  

No spoilers, please!  :-)

The Darkest Road (The Fionavar Tapestry The Summer Tree (Fionavar Tapestry #1), Vol. 1 The Wandering Fire (The Fionavar Tapestry Series #2) 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

RNBibliophile wrote:

Is anyone else reading The Fionavar Tapestry?  I know it's old school but I've only just heard about it. I've made it to the second book and am really enjoying it!  

The Darkest Road (The Fionavar Tapestry The Summer Tree (Fionavar Tapestry #1), Vol. 1 The Wandering Fire (The Fionavar Tapestry Series #2) 

Never heard of it before. Let us us know what you think of it them when you finish. And how was book 1?

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

RNBibliophile wrote:

Guy Gavriel Kay – one of fiction's most underrated authors. His Sarantine Mosaic novels were just reissued, by the way: Sailing to Sarantium and  Lord of emperors. I've read them before but the new editions are in my "to read" pile again!  :0

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge

Street Magic (Black London Series #1)

Reader 2
RNBibliophile

I'll have to add those to my "wish list".  I LOVED "Ysabel" and I really enjoyed "Under Heaven".  Thanks for the heads up!  

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Demons Not Included by Cheyenne McCray

Demons Not Included (Night Tracker Series)

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

darkangel_1988 wrote:

Demons Not Included by Cheyenne McCray

Demons Not Included (Night Tracker Series)

Wow. That cover certainly is eye-catching....

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Demon's Fall by Karalynn Lee

Demon's Fall

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Sunrise At Sunset by Jaz Primo