Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
lenfrny
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Ok I have just finished both Ready Player One and Wired.....I could not but either one down....finished each in two nights....great reads...not sure what to read next, maybed Amped or Wool..........decisions decisions
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

lenfrny wrote:
Ok I have just finished both Ready Player One and Wired.....I could not but either one down....finished each in two nights....great reads...not sure what to read next, maybed Amped or Wool..........decisions decisions

Awesome – so glad you liked Ready Player One – that was my #1 SF read last year!  :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Contributor
lenfrny

paulgoatallen wrote:

lenfrny wrote:

Awesome – so glad you liked Ready Player One – that was my #1 SF read last year!  :smileyhappy:

Paul I was actually trolling through past posts on this topic and saw that you highly recommended it and decided to download it....definitely did not disappoint!!!! I actually just went to your blog to pull up your best of list as I am looking for a new book or two to start up......
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

lenfrny wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

lenfrny wrote:

Paul I was actually trolling through past posts on this topic and saw that you highly recommended it and decided to download it....definitely did not disappoint!!!! I actually just went to your blog to pull up your best of list as I am looking for a new book or two to start up......

Great! Hope I don't lead you astray with any of my recommendations.....

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Just started into the next book with Sevy...

Shades Of War  

I enjoyed the first one, and the author takes some daring turns in it.  Which I really liked.  

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

paulgoatallen wrote:

lenfrny wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

lenfrny wrote:

Great! Hope I don't lead you astray with any of my recommendations.....

I loved Ready Player One. Everyone I recommended the book to loved it. And you can't go wrong with Paul's recommendations. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
lenfrny

Ok so I have been reading a lot lately...just finished Blood Blade earlier today...started Feed and have Wool downloaded for when I'm through with it...think I'm oing to break Wool up as I. Bought the omnibus version...I will read a book or two and break it up with one of the 125 books I have on my nook wish list Back to blood blade...I did enjoy it a different twist on vamps and werewolves, think I will be sticking with that series (yes I know that series is more paranormal fiction)
Contributor
lenfrny

Ok finished Feed...wasn't sure what to expect since it was a zombie novel and I haven't read a zombie novel before...Wow what a great read...the zombies are not the center of the story but I enjoyed this book a lot. Can't wait to read the next book in the series...off to read Wool....

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

CDamani wrote:

lenfrny wrote:

Ok finished Feed...wasn't sure what to expect since it was a zombie novel and I haven't read a zombie novel before...Wow what a great read...the zombies are not the center of the story but I enjoyed this book a lot. Can't wait to read the next book in the series...off to read Wool....

I L-O-V-E those novels – fantastic trilogy!

Me too, Caprice – arguably one of the elite sagas that helped spur this current zombie fiction rennaissance!

Contributor
Moses_Siregar_III
0 Kudos

Old Man's War. Somehow I haven't read it yet, and it looks like this one is going to go really quickly. 

pen21
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

CDamani wrote:

lenfrny wrote:

I L-O-V-E those novels – fantastic trilogy!

Me too, Caprice – arguably one of the elite sagas that helped spur this current zombie fiction rennaissance!

I loved the Feed series. You will enjoy the other books!

RHWright

Older stuff:

Titus Groan

Gods of Mars

Conan of Cimmeria

Newer stuff:

Verdant Skies

And it's about 50/50 e-book versus paperback, just as a side note. Still haven't gone totally electronic. Too expensive and too many worries with lost data/back ups/etc to want to go entirely paperless.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Town That Forgot How to Breathe  

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Correspondent
ManuelGarcia

And Another Thing... (Hitchhiker's Guide Series #6)  

It is alright, but it doesn't "feel" like it was written by Douglas Adams. Eoin tries but it doesn't come out quite right.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I concur.
Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss

I just finished the 4th book in The Mortal Instruments Series.  One think I like about this series is that the teenagers don't complain all the time.  :smileyhappy:  They take off for long walks, get in trouble, and then fight it out when they get rescued.  The romance is kept at a level that does not invoke nausea.  ;p

My son brought home Nightshade, by Andrea Cremer.  The wolves are still control freaks, but the magic users are interesting.

Today I bought The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore.  Also got a great deal on an autographed book that was purchased by my local booksellers while on a trip to the Edinburgh Booksellers convention.  The True Adventures of the World's Greatest Stuntman, by Vic Armstrong.  This man is from Edinburgh originally, and was autographing for free!  This man has been a stuntman since the 70's; the foreword is by Steven Spielberg! OK, maybe this one is for moviegeeks, but this guy has played Indy Jones,Superman, James Bond, and Spiderman.  He helped Arnold with his horseriding skills in Conan, and Mel Gibson in Hamlet.  There is a picture of his stunt team for Starship Troopers, my favorite Heinlein movie.  And he worked in the LOTR trilogy!!  

pen21

I just finished a couple SciFi/Fantasy books.

The first book is Lay Saints by Adam Connell. I really liked this book about telepaths who use their talent to make money. They can actually change the thoughts you have. Definitely recommend this. It is 99 cents now as a eBook.  I would add the Product Link for this book, but it just doesn't work. Be sure to find this book.

The second book was Prince of Hazel and Oak by John Lenahan. This was a fun, light fantasy book. I listened to the audio read by the author, which was very good.

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

The Dig  

Mountain Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
RHWright
0 Kudos

Robotech 3-in- 1  

Actually turns this beloved, if ham-fistedly cobbled together, animated series into a worthy science fiction saga.

dhaupt

I Just finished 

The Last Policeman  

I'm interested in what other's thought of it.