Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC

Yay! We Have a Publication Date for Third Kingkiller Chronicle!

OK, so this is probably a silly post, but I just learned that the third book in the Kingkiller Chronicle, The Doors of Stone, will be released on May 1, 2013.  I can't wait!

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Re: Yay! We Have a Publication Date for Third Kingkiller Chronicle!

I'm with you BrandieC.  This makes me giggle manically.  I have gotten so many people started on this series...Including several who insisted the genre is "not their thing", but they have all loved it so far.  Yea!  I can't wait.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Thanks for the post. I wondered when the release would be. I am just reading the second book in the Kingkiller Chronicle. Excellent books. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss
0 Kudos

Oh this is great news!!!   :smileyvery-happy:  I loved the first one so much I read it twice just waiting on the second!  My son liked it too.  

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BrandieC wrote:

OK, so this is probably a silly post, but I just learned that the third book in the Kingkiller Chronicle, The Doors of Stone, will be released on May 1, 2013.  I can't wait!

This series is just unbelievably great. Classic, transcendent, genre redefining fantasy. But, honestly, I'm not going to hold my breath – if you guys recall, the pub date for The Wise Man's Fear was changed numerous times. But that said, if it really does turn out to be next May, I will be PSYCHED!   :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
New User
bobjoejack
0 Kudos

I would be unbelievably excited if this was the case, but I'd like to know where you found this out, as I haven't been able to find a statement from Rothfuss.

If this is true, it would be amazing, but please tell me how you know!

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@bobjoejack:

I believe that date was provided on the fictfact.com website.  I just checked the site again, and it now says May 1, 2014.  Dadgummit!

paulgoatallen

BrandieC wrote:

@bobjoejack:

I believe that date was provided on the fictfact.com website.  I just checked the site again, and it now says May 1, 2014.  Dadgummit!

It was four years between The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear so I'm not surprised here – but, hey, I would rather wait and have it be a masterpiece...

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss
0 Kudos

at least there is a date now...lost my link to his blog when my other computer died.
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything before now if the date really was May 2013. 2014 sounds more like it. And we'll see if the hype of the date follows or if it changes.

Thank you!

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
pen21
0 Kudos

This is a book I am really looking forward to. :smileyvery-happy:

New User
lisalemony
0 Kudos

It's AUGUST... still no release?

paulgoatallen

As per this interview, it looks like 2014.

http://twit.tv/show/triangulation/99

pen21
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

As per this interview, it looks like 2014.

http://twit.tv/show/triangulation/99

Great interview! Thank you for sharing!