Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Re: You Know You're a SF/Fantasy Geek When...

You have ever given this as a baby shower gift:

Star Wars ABC  

You own:

How to Speak Wookiee 

You recieved this as a wedding present:

Wookiee Cookies   

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper
0 Kudos

You stare at carved-stone angels as you pass them by so they remain stone and do not touch you. (sending you back in time.)

Contributor
aerynSI
0 Kudos

Always thought Canth was more fun than Mnementh, myself.

My copies are so old they have the cover art that has the dragons looking like brontos.

I hear they are going to attempt a Pern movie.  Hope they don't hose it up like the tv series they were going to attempt was going to do.

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

Yonina_Dove wrote:

When you substitute words with frack in normal conversation...

When you dream about being onboard the Battlestar Galactica...as Starbuck.

When you spend a few hours scouring thinkgeek.com saying, "I want this...and this...and this...and this..."

Ah, but which Galactica and which Starbuck?  My .. less SF geeky ... friends don't understand why I refer to Ron D. Moore's soap opera as felgercarb ...

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Heritage of Shannara, Lonely Planet: Melbourne & Victoria
Contributor
Christycard

[ Edited ]

You know the creation myth of Middle Earth better than you know the book of Genesis.

You have deep philosphical conversations about the psychological motivations of the characters in Dragonball Z. 

The Rage and Love, the story of my life...
Contributor
stevet83

You can explain how to make a pan galactic gargle blaster to a bar tender that has no idead what your talking about.

RHWright

...the most important thing to you about December 25th is the new Doctor Who Christmas Special.

Frequent Contributor
tfadams
0 Kudos

second that one ^. and you watch the star wars christmas special on youtube every year as well.

currently reading:
1) The red pyramid by rick riordan

RHWright
0 Kudos

Forget youtube, I own a VHS bootleg of that monstrosity classic. Drink heavily first.

New User
ArcaneArcher26thlvl

...your computer passwords are your favorite scifi-fantasy charactr or D&D charter ....99% of your library is authors such as: R.A.Salvator, margaret weiss, terry b Rooks, et.al.
New User
melanhead10

•you give all your friends names in diffrent languages (ex: ancient language • your secret handshake is live long and prosper •you sprnd recess talking about what you think will happen next in ______ •you teach all your friends magic words just in case multiple universes/dimentions converge •you begg you parents every weeked to buy you a harry potter wand •you have a ereader with BOOKS not apps •you can see at least 1-infinaty books eyery hour • you can read in the car even if it makes you sick •you read tolkien before you were a teen • your school librian named u THE RECOMMENDER because you dictate what EVERYONE should read • you're in a gifted learning class at school •you read during recess • you can t-t connect w/everything you read • one of the top 50 things you say when you meet someone is HAVE YOU READ _____________?!
New User
SingingDaisy

...You actually understand the posts in this forum!

Distinguished Wordsmith
pagemaven
0 Kudos

Good Point! Of course not everyone reads the same things, and one person is not likely to "get" it all.    

"Is the cat dead?....only Heisenberg knows for sure".   currently reading "at The Gates of Darkness" by Raymond Feist.

There are more of us than you think.
Contributor
Nursefuratu

When Edward James Olmos is following you on Twitter and your pretty sure it's because he think you might be a Cylon.
"That's what we all are - just stories. We only exist by how people remember us, by the stories we make of our lives. Without the stories, we'd just fade away." - Charles de Lint.
MacMcK1957

Nursefuratu wrote:
When Edward James Olmos is following you on Twitter and your pretty sure it's because he think you might be a Cylon.

Has it occurred to you he might be right?

Contributor
Nursefuratu
0 Kudos

You mean I could be a Cylon and not even know it??? Lol :smileywink:
"That's what we all are - just stories. We only exist by how people remember us, by the stories we make of our lives. Without the stories, we'd just fade away." - Charles de Lint.
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Long before I ever even heard of Cylons, the robot that does not know it's a robot has been a recurring theme in SF.  Can you say for sure, 100% no doubt, that it is impossible for you to be a Cylon?

Didn't think so.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pagemaven

Well, I had to have my knees REPLACED,) (versus a mere repair), so, since they are now titanium, steel, and plastic, I suppose I could be classified as a Cylon hybrid?!?!?

There are more of us than you think.
New User
Erotavlas

Your B&N user name is Salvatore spelled backwards. (and your upset that you are the first person to come up with it)

New User
JohnSuter
0 Kudos

I have a dog named Perrin. Let's see who gets that reference. :smileyhappy: