Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

Re: reply to eneri009

julia823 wrote:
I have the same favorite part as lindsaylou ! i love the part when kristen describes karigan coming into the throne room after she heeded the rider call.

That’s really crazy, Julie823. I never would expect someone else to have that same favorite part lol. It’s so simple and such a small section, but it’s completely badazz. She walked in there with all confidence and beauty while the court stared in shock. Can you imagine what King Zachary was thinking when she walked in there, dress flowing and servants following! That is the way to make an entrance!

Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

I know this probably wont happen, but don’t you think these books would make a great movie series? And these books are so well put together, that a screenplay could be written without hacking up the story.

Contributor
Dragon
0 Kudos

Another forum I am on was talking about what book series would you like to see turned into a TV series or movie.  The first thing I thought of was Green Rider, and then I looked back at every book I throughly enjoyed that was ruined by tv or movies.  I think it would be awesome to see it as a long running tv series or mini series only if Britian wrote the screenplay and had complete control over the entire thing.  Any other person would probably leave out the little things that I love so much, or change something for more dramatic effect.

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

I can imagine what he was thinking. Probably what every other guy was thinking and im guessing it went something like this Daaaaaaaaaam%. lol ! :smileyvery-happy: so does anyone have mulitple favorite parts? I DO
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

Dragon wrote:

Another forum I am on was talking about what book series would you like to see turned into a TV series or movie.  The first thing I thought of was Green Rider, and then I looked back at every book I throughly enjoyed that was ruined by tv or movies.  I think it would be awesome to see it as a long running tv series or mini series only if Britian wrote the screenplay and had complete control over the entire thing.  Any other person would probably leave out the little things that I love so much, or change something for more dramatic effect.

Dragon, I totally get what you are saying. Very few TV shows or movies do their books justice. To me, it seems it shouldn’t be that difficult. I know a long book like the Harry Potters are hard, but I’ve always said they should make each book into two movies (except the first cuz they did a good job with that movie)-- and guess what, they finally are doing that! Making a book into a screenplay should really be a matter of getting the important stuff on screen. If there’s too much information that is needed, then make it into two movies. Making a book into a movie is really about the book’s fans; we’re the ones that will be seeing the movie the day it comes out. All we want is to see the book come to life. I think such a task could be possible if the authors could get more involved and I’ve never understood why they don’t. It’s like Eragon! If Paolini had been more involved or had some say he could have stepped up and said “That’s not right! Fix it!”. That movie is the perfect example of Directors and Producers going too far. They changed things that didn’t need to be changed and only succeeded in dishonoring the book.

Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

julia823 wrote:
I can imagine what he was thinking. Probably what every other guy was thinking and im guessing it went something like this Daaaaaaaaaam%. lol ! :smileyvery-happy: so does anyone have mulitple favorite parts? I DO

There really isn’t any specific scenes coming to mind, but that could be because it’s been awhile since I’ve read the books. However, I can tell you that I love action scenes and I’m easily reminded of every time Karigan had to kick some azz. The only downside to the action scenes is that Kristen is so brutal with the fates of her characters. No one is safe in her stories and they rarely ever die easy deaths. I’ve told several friends about the beginning of book two (couldn’t have been book 3) when the camp was attacked and a female rider was killed and her horse was tugging on her sleeve trying to wake her---I cried so hard. Then just after that a male rider‘s, I believe it was Ty, horse was injured beyond repair and he had to put him down. Of course, rather then stabbing the horse beneath the front leg into the heart for a quick kill, she has the rider stab the horse several times in the neck while the horse screams and stares at him not understanding why he was doing it. Wow, it was awful. Having raised and trained horses all of my life it was very difficult to read that. It’s just further proof that you cant predict what Kristen has in store for these characters.

Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've come across a site that says Kristen's fourth book for Green Rider will be titled Mirror of the Moon. Unfortunetly, the release date is still to be determined, but at least we now have a name to watch out for! Keep in mind though, that she may yet change the name-- although, I think it's a good one :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

why thank you lindsaylou ! I'm sure we'll all keep an eye out !
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Inspired Contributor
LindsayLou
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

julia823 wrote:
why thank you lindsaylou ! I'm sure we'll all keep an eye out !

Well you're very welcome! I figure us Green Rider fans have to look out for each other (hehehe) :smileyhappy:
Message Edited by LindsayLou on 04-12-2009 05:07 PM
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

haha lol exactly right !
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

any new opinions on the series ?