Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

primeval season 2 starts tonight!!!!

I LIKE SUPER EXCITED!! CANT WAIT FOR PRIMEVAL TO START!!! DOES ANY1 ELSE WATCH IT?????????

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: primeval season 2 starts tonight!!!!

(scratches head) Ok I have no idea what you're talking about.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

(scratches head) Ok I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ditto.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen

I just did a little research – because I have never heard of Primeval before – and it looked pretty cool! I don't get itv in my cable package so it looks like  I'm out of  luck with this show....

http://www.itv.com/Drama/cult/Primeval/default.html

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ohmygod! i love this show! it may sound slightly cheezy, but it is great!! one of my top favorite scifi shows! [not including doctor who of course...] primeval is actually very well done, and the actors are fantastic! one of the characters-connor temple- is a huge sci fi geek, and makes so many sci fi refrences throught the show which i find hysterical cuz i actually get it...lol... 

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0064498/quotes

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Contributor
gegarland
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

I just did a little research – because I have never heard of Primeval before – and it looked pretty cool! I don't get itv in my cable package so it looks like  I'm out of  luck with this show....

Paul 

It is also being shown on the scifi channel at Fridays 10e/9c, but apparently there is going to be a two-week hiatus before starting season 2. (6 episode 'seasons', geez.)

Alive, occupying space, and exerting gravitational force
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

gegarland wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Paul 

It is also being shown on the scifi channel at Fridays 10e/9c, but apparently there is going to be a two-week hiatus before starting season 2. (6 episode 'seasons', geez.)

Excellent. Thanks, gegarland! I will make it a point to seek it out when it comes back on the SciFi Channel.

Paul 

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

djaq wrote:
I LIKE SUPER EXCITED!! CANT WAIT FOR PRIMEVAL TO START!!! DOES ANY1 ELSE WATCH IT?????????

On BBCA?  I enjoyed the first season and was wondering if/when there would be another.  I've been checking off and on, but missed this.  But it should be available on On Demand, if it is BBCA, because it was last time.  Thanks for the head's up!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

gegarland wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Paul 

6 episodes a season is general practice for British TV. Their only regular exception is for soap operas.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

wait- are they only showing 6 episodes this season? or was that just for like preview er.... sorry... sort of lost... ahh naboklish! it is a really swankified show!!! it is great, you should all see it!

[does anyone if bbcamerica is permiering another season of robin hood any time soon?? i mean, i know there is another season, cuz i watched the trailer on youtube, but does anybody know when it is showing in the usa??]

"We could do pizza."
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

For those who are interested, Primeval is showing on BBCA on Saturdays at 9 (I think that's the time).  It started last weekend, and I watched the first episode last night On Demand.  Apparently this is series 3; I don't remember a break when they showed them before, so they must have gone through the first two series together.

I think the main thing that might bother people not familiar with the show is not knowing who Helen is.  So, she's the main character's estranged wife, who had disappeared a long time ago (before the series started) but reappeared in the first series and has apparently been living in alternate time periods since her disappearance.  She appeared in a few scenes in the episode I saw last night, but whatever she was up to did not appear connected to the main storyline of the episode, and it looks like it will be the focus of the next episode.

A new character has joined the team, and it looks like they will be getting into some mythology this time around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

For those who are interested, Primeval is showing on BBCA on Saturdays at 9 (I think that's the time).  It started last weekend, and I watched the first episode last night On Demand.  Apparently this is series 3; I don't remember a break when they showed them before, so they must have gone through the first two series together.

I think the main thing that might bother people not familiar with the show is not knowing who Helen is.  So, she's the main character's estranged wife, who had disappeared a long time ago (before the series started) but reappeared in the first series and has apparently been living in alternate time periods since her disappearance.  She appeared in a few scenes in the episode I saw last night, but whatever she was up to did not appear connected to the main storyline of the episode, and it looks like it will be the focus of the next episode.

A new character has joined the team, and it looks like they will be getting into some mythology this time around.

wonderful summary!! yes, helen is a jerk...grr she makes meh so mad... yes, i'm really curious to what she was up too at the end of episode 1, and what that pipe thing was! whatever is going to happen it is sure to be awesome, i cant wait for saturday!

and also, it looks like the team will be getting yet another adition to the team, i saw it in the previews for the new season!!

oh haha- does anyone else think that there might be something going on between lester anf that new girl? not the egypt obseesed one, but the governement officail lady??? probably not.. but yah never know:smileytongue:

"We could do pizza."