Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

2012 Featured Reads by Month

[ Edited ]

January: Erica Bauermeister Joy for Beginners & Roslund & Hellstrom Cell 8  

February: Francine Thomas Howard Paris Noire  

March: Lisa Verge Higgins The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship  

April: Stephanie Cowell Claude & Camille  

May: Marilyn Brant A Summer in Europe  

June: J T Ellison A Deeper Darkness  

August: Ryan David Jahn The Dispatcher  

September: Emilie Richards One Mountain Away  

October: Hank Phillipi Ryan The Other Woman  

November: Susan Wilson The Dog Who Danced  

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: 2012 Featured Reads by Month

dhaupt wrote:

January: Erica Bauermeister Joy for Beginners

May:

June: J T Ellison A Deeper Darkness

July:

August:

September: Emilie Richards

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Hank returns in October!  I'm already dancing a jig.....:smileyhappy:   OH NO!!!!  Now I have to wait to read The Other Woman  :smileysad:

Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Hank returns in October!  I'm already dancing a jig.....:smileyhappy:   OH NO!!!!  Now I have to wait to read The Other Woman  :smileysad:

Muse

Patience is a virtue :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Paris Noire is not available in ebook format?!?  Anywhere?!?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

Paris Noire is not available in ebook format?!?  Anywhere?!?

ginger, it's only available in one eformat, it starts with a K

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

No, I've already tried Kobo--  Wait!  Surely you don't mean--?!?  Oh, my!  How tacky:smileylol:!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

No, I've already tried Kobo--  Wait!  Surely you don't mean--?!?  Oh, my!  How tacky:smileylol:!

emoticon

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

January: Erica Bauermeister Joy for Beginners & Roslund & Hellstrom Cell 8  

May: Marilyn Brant A Summer in Europe  

June: J T Ellison A Deeper Darkness  

August: Ryan David Jahn The Dispatcher  

September: Emilie Richards 

November: Susan Wilson The Dog Who Danced  

That's quite a line-up, Debbie!

Author
MarilynBrant33
0 Kudos

Deb, you know I'm so excited to get to join you all officially in May :smileywink:.

Looking forward to peeking in on some of the other book discussions this year, too!

~Marilyn

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

We are lookinng forward to you joining us. Come on in and join in as you can. We always welcome a new friend. Muse
A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

MarilynBrant wrote:

Deb, you know I'm so excited to get to join you all officially in May :smileywink:.

Looking forward to peeking in on some of the other book discussions this year, too!

~Marilyn

Hi my friend, we're excited too about taking an all expense paid trip through Europe through your eyes.

And of course you're always welcome to join in any and all discussions

Happy Trails :cathappy:

Author
MarilynBrant33
0 Kudos

Muse and Debbie,

Thank you both!!

:smileyhappy:

~Marilyn

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

I'm looking at October's read and jumping up and down with wicked giggles. Hank has been ticking our fancy and tantalizing our curiosity for months, while we have impatiently waited for this book to be released.

Now "The Other Woman" is here. You can bet my name is first on the list for who will be participating in next month's read. I hope we have a full house. If "The Other Women" is even a fraction as good as Hank's last book, it will keep us on the edge of our seat and she won't let us get a wink of sleep, waiting to get to read the next section to see "who dun what".
See you next month, Deb and Hank!!!!!

Muse
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mountain_Muse wrote:
I'm looking at October's read and jumping up and down with wicked giggles. Hank has been ticking our fancy and tantalizing our curiosity for months, while we have impatiently waited for this book to be released.

Now "The Other Woman" is here. You can bet my name is first on the list for who will be participating in next month's read. I hope we have a full house. If "The Other Women" is even a fraction as good as Hank's last book, it will keep us on the edge of our seat and she won't let us get a wink of sleep, waiting to get to read the next section to see "who dun what".
See you next month, Deb and Hank!!!!!

Muse

oh it's better :smileyhappy:

I'll be starting to advertise it on Friday