Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BrenCon
0 Kudos

A book to read for the summer

I recommend the book Blank Spaces.  It has drama, suspense, mystery, comedy and romance.  It is a crime story of sorts because it also has kidnapping and murder.  The ending is not what you will expect and there is different twists through the book.

Blank Spaces 

New User
Boeo
0 Kudos

Re: A book to read for the summer

Interesting... i might pick it out

Lover of Books.

Open Books lead to adventure
Closed Books lead to nothing
So be an open Book!!!!
Contributor
BrenCon
0 Kudos

All reviews I have received about Blank Spaces has been good.  One person was surprised by the ending.  There are a couple of twists in the story.  Another person told me she thought the story was really good.  All I can say is that it is worth reading.  I just have convince everyone that this is true.

Contributor
BrenCon
0 Kudos

A person who doesn't read much said that the book was awesome.  She read it in three days.  She would have finished it sooner but she had to work.  It was the first time she read a book that she didn't want to put down.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ooh thanks, I'm always looking for a good read and Blank Spaces looks right up my alley.

I have another summer read suggestion by a favorite author of mine.

Fortunate Harbor 

it's the second in her Happiness Key series it has all those things you mentioned 

here's my review

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1401557

enjoy

Contributor
BrenCon
0 Kudos

It seems that people are having problems putting Blank Spaces down.  They get so involved that they read to the early hours of the day.  Even people who are not readers became engrossed in the story.  I would say that that means that this book is worth a try.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ah it looks like another book just hit my TBR pile ;-)

Blank Spaces 

Thanks guys

Contributor
BrenCon
0 Kudos

I hate to admit it but there are a few editing errors in the original copies of the book.  Corrections were made but I have been told that the original could be worth more money.  I personally think that finding the errors is a challenge.  But there will only be so many that have the errors.  The next printing will be the corrected version.  So you have a choice, order now and get the original or wait and get the corrected version.  It's up to you, the reader.  Either way the story is still a good one, no one seems to see the twist coming.