Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

Anyone read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter?

Has anyone read the Warriors series and the New Prophecy series by Erin Hunter? they're great young adult fiction. If anyone has read all or some of the books, how far have you read and what do you think so far? If anyone has read Sunset, please tell me, because I'd like to have a discussion about it. Notify me please.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter?

I have read the Warriors series and enjoyed them very much but I have a lot of Grandneices and nephews so I passed them on to them. I haven't read the Prophecy books but someday I will. I enjoyed them because even though they were written for younger readers they also had an adult appeal.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Contributor
readingbeader
0 Kudos

I have all 12 of them in my middle school library. They check out frequently. I am also planning to purchase the next series and the manga edition. I read the first few and really liked them, myself. I haven't read Sunset yet, sorry.
"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten, which is not equally (and often for more) worth reading at the age of fifity--except , of course, books of information. The only imaginative works we ought to grow out of are those which it would have been better to have not read at all." C.S.Lewis
Frequent Contributor
Lily_Potter_LVR
0 Kudos

Yes, I have read all the warriors books. I would love to have a discussion about them!
Hey, I'm "Paws"
Favorite books/series:
Harry Potter
Warriors series by Erin Hunter
Inkheart
Eragon+Eldest
Contributor
solo29
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I LOVE the Warriors series and the new Prophecy series.Where are you.

Message Edited by solo29 on 03-20-200706:48 PM

New User
Kisa_Tiger
0 Kudos

Somehow, I'm thinking this is Zillion. P.M me if this name rings a bell.
If not, I started reading them and kinda picked up the caudels...
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

I am definitely not going to read the Manga comic book about Graystripe becasue it's a "manga-style comic book". I don't like how they're ruining the purity of the series.
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

Kisa_Tiger wrote:
Somehow, I'm thinking this is Zillion. P.M me if this name rings a bell.
If not, I started reading them and kinda picked up the caudels...

Um, could you please repeat in understandible language?
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

solo29 wrote:
I LOVE the Warriors series and the new Prophecy series.Where are you.

Message Edited by solo29 on 03-20-200706:48 PM

What do you mean where am I? I am on the barnes and noble website currently, if you're talking to me;.
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

I have an observation to make about the Warriors/New Prophecy series:

The further you get along in the series, the more the books deal with "mind" stuff, if you get my gist. They are more into the emotional, thought-process theme. Like...what's the word? Psychological? or philosiphical? I forgot which. Am I speaking complete gibberish?

ANyway, that's my observation, and i've noticed the smae thing in most other series.
Contributor
solo29
0 Kudos

Yes I was talking to you and I meant where are you in the series?
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

solo29 wrote:
Yes I was talking to you and I meant where are you in the series?

Oh. I have finished all of the ones that are out. only the series ones, i mean.
Reader
Magicspirit
0 Kudos

I love the Warriors series. I have read all the books except for The Power of Three Book 2: Dark River, the next book in the Manga series, Firestar's Quest or The Feild Guide. I want to read those books really bad!!
-Magicspirit
New User
xshadowx
0 Kudos

I love warriors. We should have Cherith Kate and Vicky talk on one of the message boards here. That would be great. I have read every warriors book as of today. I can't wait for Firestar's quest to come out. After that the Dark River. I didn't really like how Graystripe coming back was in manga, but i still read it. And will read the other two.
New User
silverpelt
0 Kudos

i have read all current books out by erin hunter i think that they (erin hunter is actally 3 people) are great authors i think that the 3 seris will be the best i agree that i don't think they should have comic book characters but i have read those too

i think that the best book out is Firestar's Quest but i do have a question about it when the wrote the other books when this was taking place was firestar there?
~abbey~
New User
Fernbreeze
0 Kudos

I have read every book out  in the warrior series. It's pretty easy to keep up with them because of the gaps between new books. My friend started reading them recently and she was shocked at how many books the series is up to. It would be hard to catch up with so many books ahead of you. But I can't wait for the next book to come out!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everyone and welcome to the General Fiction book club. I have not read the series, the only YA series I have read is the Eragon series and the series by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush Hush and Crescendo. However one of my favorite authors has just started a new YA paranormal series that parallels her paranormal romance series her name is Deborah Cooke and here is her upcoming novel in YA the first will be called Flying Blind here is a link to her blog where she talks about the upcoming novel.

http://www.delacroix.net/wordpress/?p=1773

You might find more help if you visit the teen reads book club too

Please come back often and thanks for visiting

New User
Sandstorm17
0 Kudos

I have, and I am reading in the second series thing. i read the original first 6 books, they were AMAZING. they are SO realistic, I'd give anything to be in Thunderclan. YOU MUST READ THEM.

Loyalty and respect to your clan is always satisfactory.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Sandstorm17 wrote:

I have, and I am reading in the second series thing. i read the original first 6 books, they were AMAZING. they are SO realistic, I'd give anything to be in Thunderclan. YOU MUST READ THEM.

Warriors Box Set  

thanks sandstorm. these I haven't read before

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Love the warriors, read half of the series so far.
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.