Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

B&N specials and coupons

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: B&N specials and coupons

I get the emails and they are lovely.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Strayer wrote:

I get the emails and they are lovely.

:smileyhappy:

dhaupt
Contributor
Kadiestr
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Another great offer from B&N

http://ebm.e.bn.com/c/tag/hBOVeTjB8GcokB8U-BqNOtJ1Eon/doc.html?t_params=EMAIL%3Ddhaupt%2540falkharri...

How can I use that to purchase a nook book?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kadiestr wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Another great offer from B&N

http://ebm.e.bn.com/c/tag/hBOVeTjB8GcokB8U-BqNOtJ1Eon/doc.html?t_params=

How can I use that to purchase a nook book?

after you click the link, click the nook book button on the top near the middle and you'll get your secret discount when you check out

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just got the coupons....I have two email addresses, and I receive coupons at each address!  Two codes, two savings, and two more books this month!  Yipee!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

I just got the coupons....I have two email addresses, and I receive coupons at each address!  Two codes, two savings, and two more books this month!  Yipee!

Yipee indeed, so how much was your secret discount, care to share

KathyS
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Yipee indeed, so how much was your secret discount, care to share

Sorry, it took me a minute to get back to the info.  I ordered a book of VW's, called Moments Liberty....it's a compilation of all of her diaries, by Ann Bell. The price was $27.95, and I've put off buying it because I didn't want to spend the money....I saved $5.59 on that amount.

I decided to order The Help, on the other coupon.  It's price was $8.97, and I got $1.35 off.  I had to make two separate orders, to get the two coupon advantage, but that's okay with me.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Kadiestr
0 Kudos

:smileysad: The discont didn't apply to my nook book.  I clicked the link and then clicked nook book, and it didnt apply the discount. :smileysad:

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kadiestr wrote:

:smileysad: The discont didn't apply to my nook book.  I clicked the link and then clicked nook book, and it didnt apply the discount. :smileysad:

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK Color™, NOOK™, and their related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts,"

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Kadiestr wrote:

I'm sorry, but stick around there will be another special or coupon that will apply  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
Mountain_Muse

dhaupt wrote:

Kadiestr wrote:

I'm sorry, but stick around there will be another special or coupon that will apply  :smileyhappy:

I am a little disappointed.  B&N needs to indicate on their advertising in LARGE TYPE that Nookbooks are not included in coupon offerrings.  You have to go find the fine print to discover that or wait till you have made the purchase and go back and read the fine print to find out why you did not get the discount.  

They want us to use our Nooks and buy nookbooks, paying full book price, like hardcopy, why should we not also receive the same benefits as other customers?

MM 

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
KathyS
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Kadiestr wrote:

I am a little disappointed.  B&N needs to indicate on their advertising in LARGE TYPE that Nookbooks are not included in coupon offerrings.  You have to go find the fine print to discover that or wait till you have made the purchase and go back and read the fine print to find out why you did not get the discount.  

They want us to use our Nooks and buy nookbooks, paying full book price, like hardcopy, why should we not also receive the same benefits as other customers?

MM 

naner-naner-naner

Contributor
Kadiestr
0 Kudos

also they are pushing their membershio sign up right now, but i don't believe the discounts apply to anything nook related.  :smileysad: poo

dhaupt
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: B&N This week in review

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re:Today only Coupon

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Kadiestr wrote:

MM 

Mountain Muse,

In spite of how other people may feel, I completely agree with you. Discounts never seem to apply to nook books, we can barely lend them out (once, for two weeks) and they can cost just about as much as a traditional book. More, if you count the used book market. That is my biggest beef with B&N, and it is driving many people to places, like kobo, that do have the occasional discount coupon. I know, a lot of it is publisher-driven, but one day they are going to have to recognize that this market will only keep growing if they price their books right. Even amazon allows a week to return a kindle book - why hasn't B&N stepped up their efforts to make their edivision more friendly?? 

I'll step off of my soapbox now....

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
dhaupt
0 Kudos