Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt

Bringing new members to the forum

[ Edited ]

I'm going through my sugesstions from you

this is from Muse

Muse if you do send them a link they can simply open an account when they get to the main Community Page then on the far right or above they will see the sign in/register buttons.

If they don't have a link they should go to the home B&N.com page

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/?bnit=H&bnrefer=HOMEPAGE

then float your cursor over books and scroll to the bottom right under B&N exclusives, blogs and forums, then they can create an account as above.

They should refer to this B&N help forum for any questions they need answered

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Help-Book-Clubs-My-B-N/bd-p/Help

And of course I will answer any  question I can and find answers to any  question I can't

remind them that the forums work best with Google Chrome or Firefox

I hope this helps, I know it works because we have two new members who came to be with Marilyn last month and stayed because they got to know and love all you guys. :smileyhappy:

I hope this answers your question Muse

and the rest of you know that I am looking into the other sugesstions.

Screen shot 2012-06-20 at 2.58.57 PM.jpeg

Screen shot 2012-06-20 at 3.01.12 PM.png

Distinguished Correspondent
Catherine111

Re: Bringing new members to the forum

Just my two cents . . .  I find it really hard to navigate around the B & N main page to find the forums.  I had the hardest time.  I had the direct link from Marilyn Brant that took me to the forum, so I just added the page to my computer favorites, so I could get there fast.  I still don't post a lot because I am still learning my way around! 

Catherine
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Catherine111 wrote:

Just my two cents . . .  I find it really hard to navigate around the B & N main page to find the forums.  I had the hardest time.  I had the direct link from Marilyn Brant that took me to the forum, so I just added the page to my computer favorites, so I could get there fast.  I still don't post a lot because I am still learning my way around! 

Thanks Catherine for being so patient with us and for the fortitude you show in getting around.

I really appreciate that you're here !!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

My major suggestion to new users bookmark your username forum homepage thus you can get to forum easily and quickly cause Catherine is right it's hard to find from the main bn page.
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:
My major suggestion to new users bookmark your username forum homepage thus you can get to forum easily and quickly cause Catherine is right it's hard to find from the main bn page.

Quite agree.  I actually have a Foxfire tab set for: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Quite agree.  I actually have a Foxfire tab set for: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/

Pepper, Hi I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for commenting

you're quite right that bookmarking the pages is a good idea.

It's good to see you on the forum :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Peppermill wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Thanks for commenting

I've bookmarked the forums in my favorites in Internet Explorer  - once in a while they don't work, but I think it's the phases of the moon .......LOL

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Peppermill wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Thanks for commenting

I've bookmarked the forums in my favorites in Internet Explorer  - once in a while they don't work, but I think it's the phases of the moon .......LOL

Anne

Ah phases of the moon good one Anne, and yes sometimes my browser on Safari doesn't work but usually when I used the requested browsers of Google Chrome or Firefox they work fine unless of course we have vistors 

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Hey Pepper!!

I have a pre-set tab, too.  everytime I log onto the net.  I'm already logged onto B&N bookclubs/General Fiction :smileyhappy: .  Thank you all for the trails to the registration point.  I"ll be able to point people there for joining us here for rollicking fun and games.

Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Contributor
Dante2000
0 Kudos

It took me years days hours to find the discussions link in the fly over. But now that I've found it, looks like there are worthy discoveries. Bad design for bn.com.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

RaoulRaz wrote:

It took me years days hours to find the discussions link in the fly over. But now that I've found it, looks like there are worthy discoveries. Bad design for bn.com.

RoulRaz, I don't care how you found us just that you did, B&N.com is still trying to find the best way to put all their many feet forward and I'm sure once they perfect it there will be a better mousetrap for us all

but for now thank you so much for your tenacity and I hope that you find some worthy forums especially mine  and visit often :smileyhappy:

thanks so much for your post I love new members