Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Deb's Coffee Klatch-Off Topic Chat-Friday's Thought

HAHA! Love the smiley!

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Deb's Coffee Klatch-Off Topic Chat-Friday's Thought

Peppermill wrote:

Energizer bunny    In honor of Kathy's grandson!  May he sometimes have you floating on air rather than like this (yeh, I know, the parallels aren't quite right -- but I couldn't think of a "Kathy" balloon.):

Energizer bunny deflated

Kathy -- love the tire treads on the smiley-face!

Yup, that's Evan!  He's the best kid, both of my grandkids are...but, boy, the older he gets, the more energy he has!

I couldn't resist that tire tread smiley...that's how I felt last night.  I've just eaten and taken some meds for my head....I actually feel like I've been pulled through a knot hole.  I wonder if I can find a smiley like that?  Hmm...  :smileyvery-happy:

I spent a lot of time with Evan, last night, working with him on his homework.  He has trouble reading, and we worked a lot on his spelling words, too.  He had a test today.  He doesn't give me any trouble, it's just that he can't seem to sit still, even when he's eating dinner!

We were sitting down to dinner, and he asked if he could get up...I said, yes, and he headed to the bathroom.  He came back and asked me if I could see anything around his right eye.  He had told me, earlier, he'd been playing tether ball at school, and got hit (by his own ball) in the eye.  He went to the nurses office. 

While eating, I guess he was hoping he would have a black eye (or something to show for what happened)...by that time...so he had to get up and look to see!  His mind wanders, obviously, too!

KathyS
0 Kudos

Current board changes

GS2991 wrote:

HAHA! Love the smiley!

Sorry you're having so much trouble getting on....I think it must be the Nook.  I haven't had any problems. 

But, I did notice one thing that has changed.  When you log out, now, it actually logs you out, and shows TOTAL thread posts, instead of current, online posts.  You do have to, now,  click the log in by your name, and it should automatically bring up your view of the current board posts. 

It does for me, on my PC, but it may not respond the same on the Nook.  I honestly don't know the problem you're having, but that's the only thing I see that has changed in the last couple of days.  Good luck!

Kathy

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Current board changes

KathyS wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

HAHA! Love the smiley!

Sorry you're having so much trouble getting on....I think it must be the Nook.  I haven't had any problems. 

But, I did notice one thing that has changed.  When you log out, now, it actually logs you out, and shows TOTAL thread posts, instead of current, online posts.  You do have to, now,  click the log in by your name, and it should automatically bring up your view of the current board posts. 

It does for me, on my PC, but it may not respond the same on the Nook.  I honestly don't know the problem you're having, but that's the only thing I see that has changed in the last couple of days.  Good luck!

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, I haven't had any probs either, so I'm sorry if it's the nook, I'm sure they are tinkering with something to make it all better.

I hope that it's all solved very soon.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Thanks. I think its the 3G I don't have WIFI so I'm dependent on it.

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

HAHA! Love the smiley!

Kathy

Kathy -I've had the same quirkiness with the sign-in, also. But once I hit the sign-in all goes well.

Anne

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

KathyS wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

HAHA! Love the smiley!

Kathy

Kathy -I've had the same quirkiness with the sign-in, also. But once I hit the sign-in all goes well.

Anne

Anne,

I''ve been having trouble posting on the board (off and on) for the last week, too.  I just blew off to gremlins. They were giving me fits last night.  It took me 30 minutes to get a post up.  Grrrrr.

Muse 

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
KathyS
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

1AnneB wrote:

KathyS wrote:

GS2991 wrote:

HAHA! Love the smiley!

Kathy

Anne

Anne,

I''ve been having trouble posting on the board (off and on) for the last week, too.  I just blew off to gremlins. They were giving me fits last night.  It took me 30 minutes to get a post up.  Grrrrr.

Muse 

Just a few minutes ago, I had to actually sign in, email and password...if you have to go through this, be sure and tell it (click the square) to remember you, ("Remember me"), so you don't have to repeat it each time. I know these are safety features, if you forget to log out, it will eventually, automatically, sign you out.   At least it's suppose to.   

It's a special concern when you are on secure features, but I have a feeling they are working on these areas of logout, and login...and the sign out, and sign in..... at this time...just a feeling, my bones start to ache....it's that time of year, folks!   The gremlins always play in the Fall, and the Spring....  Just like my allergies!  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
Mountain_Muse

Re: Deb's Coffee Klatch-Off Topic Chat

Hey Gang,

hands

Have a happy Sunday, my friends.

Muse.

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
KathyS

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Hey Gang,

hands

Have a happy Sunday, my friends.

Muse.

And a happy Sunday to your too, my friend!

High Five!

dhaupt

Re: Words from Daughters of the Witching Hill

I just recieved a note from the woman in charge of translating

Daughters of the Witching Hill  

into Italian and Mary Sharratt sent her to Pepper's Words from the Novel thread to help with the translations of archaic words where she used some of our terms to help her. It just goes to show that the authors who have been here with us really appreciate the depth we've put into the discussions.

Pepper you're famous- And you Rock!!!

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/Words-in-the-October-2010-Read-quo...

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

into Italian and Mary Sharratt sent her to Pepper's Words from the Novel thread to help with the translations of archaic words where she used some of our terms to help her. It just goes to show that the authors who have been here with us really appreciate the depth we've put into the discussions.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/Words-in-the-October-2010-Read-quo...

You are right, PEPPER ROCKS!!!!

KathyS
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

So Cool!  Pepper is the WOMAN!  These flowers are for Pepper, from Betty.... :smileyhappy:

Peppermill

[ Edited ]

blushing smileyblushingblushing 2blushing 3

How very flattering!  The thanks go to each of you who participated in chasing words and who encouraged me/us to keep on boarding them.

keyboard salt and pepperpepper   (Muse -- the closest I could get to a pepper that might rock?  Yes, those are keyboard key salt and pepper shakers.)

Mountain_Muse wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I just received a note from the woman in charge of translating

You are right, PEPPER ROCKS!!!!

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
KathyS

This last Saturday was an especially remarkable day for me.  My daughters and grandkids, and I,  went to my uncle's 90th birthday.  He hadn't changed a bit!  Always in good spirits, like my dad always was, and neither of them never met a stranger.  His three daughters, my cousins, were there.  I hadn't seen them in years. 

One of my cousins is a missionary.  She works with the deaf and blind.  We spent a lot of time together that day, her telling us how she works with them, and what a church service is like.  The work that she does, and her relationship with these people, is nothing short of miraculous.  It's literally a hands on approach to teaching the word of God.  And it was so great seeing my uncle again, and cousins I literally didn't know I had!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

This last Saturday was an especially remarkable day for me.  My daughters and grandkids, and I,  went to my uncle's 90th birthday.  He hadn't changed a bit!  Always in good spirits, like my dad always was, and neither of them never met a stranger.  His three daughters, my cousins, were there.  I hadn't seen them in years. 

One of my cousins is a missionary.  She works with the deaf and blind.  We spent a lot of time together that day, her telling us how she works with them, and what a church service is like.  The work that she does, and her relationship with these people, is nothing short of miraculous.  It's literally a hands on approach to teaching the word of God.  And it was so great seeing my uncle again, and cousins I literally didn't know I had!

Thanks for sharing Kathy - It sounds like a very special day with very special people !!!

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

That's great Kathy, glad you got to catch up, celebrate and be inspired. Thanks for passing it to us.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Monday's Thought

“Expect the best.
Prepare for the worst.
Capitalize on what comes.”

Zig Ziglar
(1926-)

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Re:Waiting my turn

Do you guys remember the big family reunions where everyone is gathered around and it seems like there are a twenty different conversations going at the same time.  AND they are all very interesting and you really want to be in the middle of at least 80% of them and not miss a word being said?

Well, that is the way I feel about the conversations going on about the wonderful questions and discussions on the Angus Donald's Outlaw book right now.  It is almost over whelming and wonderful at the same time.  Which post do you respond to with your own idea?  What do you think about that statement?  Okay, Okay,...you need to wait you turn and let someone else post aobut what they think or we'll all lose track of the responses. eyes  I'm personally enjoying this book as much as I did Witching Hill.  Thank you Debbie!  Thank you, Angus. 

Muse

KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Re:Waiting my turn

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Do you guys remember the big family reunions where everyone is gathered around and it seems like there are a twenty different conversations going at the same time.  AND they are all very interesting and you really want to be in the middle of at least 80% of them and not miss a word being said?

Well, that is the way I feel about the conversations going on about the wonderful questions and discussions on the Angus Donald's Outlaw book right now.  It is almost over whelming and wonderful at the same time.  Which post do you respond to with your own idea?  What do you think about that statement?  Okay, Okay,...you need to wait you turn and let someone else post about what they think or we'll all lose track of the responses. eyes  I'm personally enjoying this book as much as I did Witching Hill.  Thank you Debbie!  Thank you, Angus. 

Muse

Karen, you kill me!  LOL.  I know what you mean, but this discussion is an easy one, compared to the hundreds of posts we'd get on TFLC!  Now THAT was overwhelming! And, would make your head spin!  But, thankfully the moderator was a pro at keeping the threads straight.

Because in my view of these boards, I can see who is posting, before I open that post up to read it.  I used to pick and choose those people I thought would give a good response, and simply mark the rest as "read" on the board, so as to not confuse me on what to read the next day.  It was just my way of staying involved, without overwhelming myself with reading redundant, and not so very interesting observations by some people's posts.  Like I said, when you're plowing through hundreds, you have to be selective.  And a lot of those people NEVER read any of the other posts, before they would post....just simply post their boring thoughts, with no intention of ever interacting with anyone else.  I learned to avoid those people's posts, it was a waste of my time to read them.

That's why, also, you had to pay special attention to the SUBJECT LINES, and change them when you changed topics....so you could keep all the dialogue/conversation straight.  Otherwise you (or I) would get lost. 

I didn't read anyone's posts, yesterday, and this morning I had to read through them all....no one took the time to write in the subject line, but because of my view of these boards, I can go through them by the date and time they were posted, so as to make them halfway coherent for me to read. Thank goodness there aren't that many participants, or posts, otherwise I would have to skip this whole discussion all together.  :smileyhappy: