Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Re: Deb's Coffee Klatch-Off Topic Chat

@GS2991: I'm too lazy and my internet is behaving too slowly to send a private message right now, so I'm just putting it here. I assume we'll be having a post-Supernatural chat later in honor of the return of Cas (I'm giggling just thinking about it)! Let me know if you want to do pm or just chat on the board. If there are any other Supernatural fans here, feel free to join in. The show could use more fans! 

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Duh its Cas!! OMC! :smileyvery-happy: Oh I don't care. Board I guess see if any others will join in. See ya then.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Correction: We will be having a Supernatural and Fringe chat later on. If there are any Fringe fans on here, please take pity on me and discuss what you think. I don't know anyone else who watches it :smileysad:.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hey keep telling you I love Fringe! But it comes on HERE same time as Supernatural!!! Its NO fair!! And well I'm gona watch Supernatural.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

I'm early, but oh well. OMfreakingC!!! Poor Sam!

Cas without his trenchcoat makes me sad.

And, is it just me or does Lucifer have the best lines this season?

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yeah Cas looks ... different. And I agree. Lucifer has great lines! That was great the firecrackers and "Wake up little suze" playing. Hahahaha
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ahhh! He remembers! Ahh whats worse? Memory or no? And yes! Trench coat back! Bloody too! Hahaha. And poor Sam. He looks like crap.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Man, I was feeling all warm and fuzzy until he went and took Sam's crazy, then I kind of wanted to cry. Still kind of do. I'm so happy that Dean kinda forgave him, but Jeez, now he's stuck in a mental hospital! And his poor wife.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Ahhhh!!! I thought we were gona have him back!!!!!! Nooo! Ho hum. Shows never give ya what ya want. Hey least Sam is better I guess.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Well, he's going to be back for two more episodes (at least) so maybe they will find a way. Maybe God will come back from wherever he went and help him out.

Is it weird that I only like Meg when Cas is around. I kind of want them to be together and have a spin-off or something. The Angel and the Demon. And it was weird that Cas was kind of the same, but different at the same time. Like when Dean told him it was like riding a bike, and he's like "I don't know how to do that either." It was just the best episode of the season. I'm ranking it up there with Dean dying at the end of Season 3 and Sam dying at the end of Season 5.

Fringe kind of made me happy, then I got terribly confused. As usual.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Well maybe. Guess you'll be first to know! You alway have the best spoilers. I don't know about the spin off. Hmmm. Ok so what happened on Fringe? I'll follow along. Sorta.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Oh goodness. This could be interesting. Spoilers (for those of you who are fans and are not participating :smileymad:)

So, I think I already told you that at the end of last season, Peter stopped existing because of something he did to save the world. Well, he reappeared, but no one remembered who he was. It was decided that he was from a different timeline and that he needed to go back home. A couple of episodes ago, Olivia started to remember him and that they were together. Peter was freaking out because it wasn't "his Olivia" and decided not to go anywhere near her so she wouldn't be confused. Anyway, we find out that Peter was in the right timeline all along and that it was "his Olivia" and they had a nice reunion at the end. Did your face melt a little?

It just feels like we went through all this turmoil all season and then it turns out to have been for nothing! I'm about to get off. I got that 4:30 thing in the morning. Later.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yeah okay. You lost me. Well no work too hard. Later
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Gooood mornin Fiction family!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

good morning all Happy Saturday

if you want GS and Kat start a new thread on Fringe and that will show on the main boards with each new post and may drag fans here too, you can also put it in the communtiy board here then you can link it back to our board.

I'm sorry to say that I am not a TV watcher but you could easily draw fans from other places, also PGA's board paranormal may already have a Fringe thread so check that out too.

here's our Saturday thought

“Being a woman is a terribly difficult task,
since it consists principally in dealing with men.”

Joseph Conrad
(1857-1924)

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I'm Home

Finally! The Shadowcat has come back...home. Lol sorry couldn't help the Rock reference. I've spent the whole week at Disney World and the Disney All Stars Movie Resort. The service at the resort makes you feel like a ViP and the shuttle rides are so convient to go anywhere on the park. My little sister had a blast and so did my husband and myself. I would totally recommend this as a vacation spot and totally want to go back again.
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: I'm Home

Glad you had fun!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Re: I'm Home

Welcome Back Shadow ! 

Sounds like you had a wonderful time !  :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

dhaupt wrote:

if you want GS and Kat start a new thread on Fringe and that will show on the main boards with each new post and may drag fans here too, you can also put it in the communtiy board here then you can link it back to our board.

I'm sorry to say that I am not a TV watcher but you could easily draw fans from other places, also PGA's board paranormal may already have a Fringe thread so check that out too.

Joseph Conrad
(1857-1924)

Hmm . . . That would mean branching out to all the geeky people who watch the show, which will then bring all the sci-fi geeks, and then may branch out to the intense-geeks who try to undermine all you when you try to discuss something . . . Yes, my brain is a scary, paranoid place :smileyvery-happy:.

I mean, I'm a geek, but I'm only geeky about certain things. I would hate for this to turn into a place where all the haters could come and bash the show, which is all I see all over the web.

I'll have to think about it. I'm in an over-thinking kind of place at the moment, if you hadn't noticed.

How about you Holly? Maybe Supernatural, not Fringe? That way there are only crazy teenage girls who want to see Sam and Dean shirtless all the time. Less intimidating discussions :smileytongue:.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Kat-NE wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Joseph Conrad
(1857-1924)

Hmm . . . That would mean branching out to all the geeky people who watch the show, which will then bring all the sci-fi geeks, and then may branch out to the intense-geeks who try to undermine all you when you try to discuss something . . . Yes, my brain is a scary, paranoid place :smileyvery-happy:.

I mean, I'm a geek, but I'm only geeky about certain things. I would hate for this to turn into a place where all the haters could come and bash the show, which is all I see all over the web.

I'll have to think about it. I'm in an over-thinking kind of place at the moment, if you hadn't noticed.

How about you Holly? Maybe Supernatural, not Fringe? That way there are only crazy teenage girls who want to see Sam and Dean shirtless all the time. Less intimidating discussions :smileytongue:.

Hey Kat, you don't have to spread out, we can keep it on the down low here at Gen Fic, that's just fine by me.